Where To Buy A Simple Countdown Kitchen Timer In Cm?

jaideeguy

For years, I've been on the lookout for a simple kitchen countdown timer and no luck. the type that you can set for 30 minutes and 'ding dongs' when 30 minutes is up. Have found the plug in the wall type that turn on and off appliances etc, but no simple timers. I've looked in all the usual superstores and Amon [the electrical shop that has everything] and no luck.

Can anyone help me??

They have the timer clocks you are talking about at YOK on the Super highway about 2 K south of the 118 intersection on the west side of the road or the north bound lane. YOK is a bakery supply store so they have just about anything you need for baking.

BB

Yeah, I've heard about that shop 'Yok' and have always wanted to go there and shop for other kitchen gadgets. Good verbal directions, but could someone please post location on a map???

By your directions Bob, it sounds like it would be opposite Makro....near UPS??

As to the mobil phone timers...my trusty old nokia only has a stop watch and i'm not gonna get an iphone.

There are two branches of Yok that would have your timer. One is on the Super Highway between Index Living Mall and Makro but on the opposite side of the road. The other is next to New Peninsula Hotel. Chiang Mai Bakemart on the Nong Hoi Road or their second branch near Chiang Mai Gate would also have it. Shmidt on the Mae Rim Road also as well as Robinsons and Central and probably Carrefour too. I have about 6 of them. Not hard to find.

Actually I just bought a cheapo Nokia yesterday that does have a countdown timer and much more......everything but a rice cooker for under 1,000thb.

But i will check out that Yok shop....your directions Sam make it a little easier to find. I must drive by it once a week......but never saw it. Do they sell baking goods, flours etc?? like the bake shop on the CM-Lampun road??

I bought a cheap wind up one at Rim Ping. It has been very handy as I can take it anywhere I need to time something. In fact, I sometimes have in next to me here at the computer when I need to remember to turn something off but am afraid I will get engrossed in answering TV questions and forget.