Bangkok: Assailants Fired M-79 Grenades At Sala Daeng Skytrain Station

webfact

Suthep: It's obvious from investigation that the M79s were fired from the King Rama VI statute

If this is true, this area is absolutely red territory. If the grenades were fired from this area, I can't see how the reds weren't complicit.

When an armed death squad gets within the perimeter of a protest group with a smuch security and paranoia as the reds you know they are linked. The only question is did they get within th eperimeter or not.

By the way this is discussed at high level diplomatically too and the answer is known

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only time people have died is when the PM has used force. So maybe that's why?

The PM has used force this evening with one dead from the Sala Daeng blasts?

Naturally, the perfect angelic reds have claimed again none of their people were responsible for this as they shoot at helicopters.

Before today, my friend. Nobody died before Abhisit launched his crackdown on April 10th. And nobody knows who launched the attacks tonight, so let's keep it peaceful, shall we.

What if the red shirts started to keep it lawful? Could that be a good start to peace?

I hope Thaksin will have to pay a few hundred million by tomorrow for dead red shirts - those who actively commit the terrorist acts and those who still support them deserve to die - tonight please

What nationality are you again? "Let's kill all those people that support terrorists and run around killing people!" . Throw "Saddam is bad", "You're either with us or against us!" and "Weapons of Mass Destruction" into the same bin.

Your response makes absolutely no sense what so ever ...too much jaa baa?

ONLY A DEAD TERRORIST IS A GOOD TERRORIST

The are a lot of them in Bangkok right now conveniently gathered in one place shoot the lot than pick the rest off the streets and be done with!!!!!!

Agree, you have to break eggs to make an omelette!

Oh for crying out loud, just CALL for ELECTIONS already so we can have some PEACE! Suck up your pride and just DO IT! Good grief, Mr. Abhisit! Even if it means "The Terrorists Win" or whatever.

That record's stuck again. :):D

I agree. The bottom line is that this government was never elected and was brought to power on the the back of the yellow shirt mob who closed the airport and crippled the country.

Did they really think there would be no retribution for that?

They don't want elections because they would lose. It's as simple as that.

Dissolving the government and holding democratic elections is the only way to solve this problem.

This elitest government has so much financial backing that surely they could buy more votes than Thaksin... I don't see what they're worried about!

Suthep: It's obvious from investigation that the M79s were fired from the King Rama VI statute

If this is true, this area is absolutely red territory. If the grenades were fired from this area, I can't see how the reds weren't complicit.

When an armed death squad gets within the perimeter of a protest group with a smuch security and paranoia as the reds you know they are linked. The only question is did they get within th eperimeter or not.

By the way this is discussed at high level diplomatically too and the answer is known

I thought the SkyTrain stations were guarded by the army? How did this armed death squad gets past the army then?

Wow if you think Cheguevara is not well, you guys should look up the comments on the UDD facebook page.

It's very amusing to read this brainwashing.

By the way Cheguevara, you should be ashamed to use this name and use the avatar, just like anyone walking around with the T-Shirts. It only shows you not understand. Any true fan of Che Guevara would never approve the using of his image.

Anyway I do hope the army clean them up tonight, been enough of seeing them all week around Silom... and tonight's attack are horrible. I hope any supporters of Red Shirts be ashamed and quit them right now.

Get Out Red Buffalos !!!

Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban Thursday night urged Silom people to stay away from the red-shirt people at the Lumpini Park by more than 400 metres.

He said the M79 grenades, which injured more than 75 people on Silom Road, were fired from behind the King Rama VI statute where the red-shirt protesters were demonstrating.

He said if the protesters were staying away more than 400 metres from the line of red-shirt protesters, they would be safe from the M79 attacks.

Suthep said it was too dangerous for police and troops to go into the rally site at the park to try to arrest the assailants at night.

- The Nation

can you please shut these threads to comments (and sorry to have to post one myself to ask)? lots of people come here for information and not speculation/opinion/argument from random people.

Well said that man! but i do wish for peace in this land, since i have lived here for 6 years.

If you don't want analysis larded with nitwits, try these locked threads

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bangkok-Red-...50&start=50

New one every day.

LoongFarang

According the eyewitnesses the grenades came from the roof of a hospital (roughly pronounced "Joo-lah long gawn") That's a building controlled by the army and well outside of the present red shirt area. Suthep was on national television shortly after and claimed that the red shirts had launched the grenades from behind the Rama VI monument. This incidence came a few hours after the announcement of UN involvement. Let's see -- who benefits from this carnage? less

- comment on CNN

Also on CNN.

3 died according to Suthep

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva called an emergency meeting of top officials after the Thursday night attacks, which followed weeks of protests aimed at toppling his administration. ...

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/...dex.html?hpt=T2

Of course it was the reds. They have threatened this. Red shirt apologists, you should be ashamed.

Where is your proof that the red shirts are responsible? You're ASSUMING. Don't confuse people with lies before you have facts, please. Nobody knows who attacked who tonight. Nobody knows who launched the bombs.

WAKEY WAKEY MAN, yes maybe nobody knows for sure who is responsible for this sad loss of life in this attack, but most of the good people of this country all know who is ultimately responsible for this whole sorry affair,,, and why, oh why, couldn't they just go back to the table to negotiate,

Why can't the Thai government screen all trucks that go in and out of the red thugs zones? Rachaprasong is a very small area. Can we just block all the streets in that area and only let Food and necessary things to the reds? If the army cannot control a small area like Rachaprasong, can we trust them to protect our country when there is a war from enemy from outside.

:)

the abhisit/yellow side have more to gain from this..coz it ramps up the pressure on anupong to send his troops in the clear the reds out of their site..

Because at the moment i dont think he still wants to do this...

But maybe we will soon find out from these 5 "suspects" they rounded up????

Thaksin have MOST to gain.period....

From Veen:

" SAD!!!! Jutuorn said Silom explosions had nothing to do with reds then he opened the music and let redshirts dance merrily."

Dance and be merry? These people are sick. Zero sympathy for any of these celebrating merrymakers if the military takes further action. They deserve what could come. Sick, sick, sick.

Would appreciate a video or a credible source of the above statement please. Thank you.

I am not watching TV now and not sure if the OP above was just making a crack but if you have been to the Red Shirt area you would see statements like this followed by dancing and cheering and dancing afterwards is not uncommon. Thankfully, the media is not pushing this aspect as the intelligent folks already have seen enough to know these people are both dangerous and being brainwashed by not stop hate filled lies by their leaders on stage. But here is one I would hope you have already seen ...

Scumbag, lock him up for good!

I fear the Reds might get their wish and true democracy comes to BKK. I fear that the majority will rule, a mob war, Red againts Yellow. The last one standing wins, with the army, police and government standing by watching. Has a civil war begun??

I fear the Reds might get their wish and true democracy comes to BKK. I fear that the majority will rule, a mob war, Red againts Yellow. The last one standing wins, with the army, police and government standing by watching. Has a civil war begun??

I don't think Thailand is in danger of a civil war. The oppressed in Thai society have been encouraged in recent years to stake their claim in society, but they are peaceful masses. There are warring factions within the Elite's armed forces that are warring, but this does not involve the civilian population on any mass level.

I don't think Thailand is in danger of a civil war. The oppressed in Thai society have been encouraged in recent years to stake their claim in society, but they are peaceful masses. There are warring factions within the Elite's armed forces that are warring, but this does not involve the civilian population on any mass level.

I agree, but it seems these factions are using the mom and pop, and family type supporters of the reds and Yellows as cannon fodder, human shields and sacraficial lambs for their agenda. Thats makes it a fearfull and tragic situation. The Horror.....

(quote) I've been quite neutral on this issue, don't you think? My first post said that we don't know who it was, don't jump to conclusions, yet you've been claiming red shirt terrorism all over the forum. But you have no proof. That's not Democracy. In a Democracy, you need proof before you can blame it on someone.

You have not shown any proof, so stop blaming it on the red shirts.

Stop your false statements. (quote)

That's the exact bullshit i don't want to hear anymore. Thailand IS a democracy, believe me, in ANY other country, even democratic one all what happened since one month wouldn't have been allowed and there would have been a crack down since a loooong time. This is no more demonstrations, this is terrorism, this is people trying to create a civil war, this is people dividing a country which was not.

Reds are constantly manipulating the rules of democracy and lying all the time. They want better living conditions for poor people? Okay, i can agree on that, now why don't they demonstrate for this reason instead to ask for new elections? Why don't they try to reach an agreement with the government for new measures for the poors? Why? Because they want the power only, that's why. It's a war for power, that's all what is behind this and all the rest is bullshiti

The main problem is that the government tried to resolve this issue in a "Buddhist" way, in the Thai way. But you can't do it in a Buddhism way when you have in front somebody like Thaksin who is a fascist and lie all the time, manipulating the advantanges of democracy to its own benefit. Thaksin is not only a complete liar, but a <deleted>++ing fascist who don't care about anything else than get back its power and destroy the kingdom if necessary. Don't get it wrong, this man will use all his money to destroy Thailand and create a civil war if necessary. I can't believe the government is leaving this guy manipulating everyone, financing killers and destroying the country since more than two years!?!

This is unbelievable, They should send a commando to track him all over the world and eliminate him before he destroys the whole kingdom!!! And do it NOW !

And then announce important measures for the poor people to resolve a problem which is also true.

Edited by bagheera65