Meeting Thai Ladies On Dating Sites: 9 Do's And Dont's

cognos

interested to know, what are the best sites? never tried before (being local it did not seem necessary) but now want to see what its all about. I heard Hi5 was one but not sure.

hi5 is in Thai only.

No it's not. They're an American firm that just happens to be popular in Asia; getting killed by facebook as of late.

I use Camfrog, at least you get to see the person, but it takes ages to filter out a potential partner.

I only see the page written in Thai, not English. Fine if you can read Thai. Doesn't matter who owns them, if you cant read Thai.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the best way to meet thai women is just go to thailand and meet them in person wherever..however...meeting them on the internet is an alternative for those that have never been there yet and want to have someone waiting for them when they arrive, plain and simple

Having a woman waiting here for you is dangerous for many of us. Even if she is only somewhat appealing to you, she quickly gets her hooks into you (good sex, treating you like a king: cutting your toe nails, ear and nose hair, etc. :) ). Then the idea of getting to know a different woman who may be a better fit becomes encumbered with feeling of guilt. The longer you stay with her, the more the difficulty until you can become trapped. Happens a lot. That's why many guys returning here after a visit don't return to the same woman, an easy though arguably cowardly escape from a relationship you know you don't want long term. BTDT :D

Want to have a woman waiting for you at the airport? Never mind. Take a taxi to Pattaya or stay in BKK and go anywhere. Look for a smile and that woman is interested. No matter how unattractive or fat you may be, very attractive (young if you prefer) women will be interested in you. Have a pleasant expression, don't act like a snob or a jerk, and a decent women will not be quickly turned off.

Don't think the internet is needed for you to meet a woman here! It isn't! It is hard for many of us who are not given a second glance by a woman back in the west to understand this, but it is true. Surprising to the newbie here, but 100% true.

You are making quite an exaggeration. Finding a quality, educated woman in LOS is NOT easy. Low end, no education women, who are in the game for money are a "dime a dozen" here. True enough.

Because in my experience, you can use the online method to screen potential prospects... But you can't really know if someone is worth a relationship until you've met in person and spent some time together.

As for Thai women who are potential mates for farang, in general, especially those who are online, I'd say fall into 3 general categories.

1 - those looking to get paid on a nighly basis... :)

2 - those looking for a relationship that involves a monthly salary in one form or another.

3 - those looking for a good relationship and future husband...

In my experience, the largest group is likely to be #2, followed by #1, and then those in #3 being the rarer, harder to find types..

You are correct.

I wonder what % of number 1 and number 2 candidates are actually the real person doing the corresponding. I was swapping messages with one girl in KK for a long while before I realised the person I was talking to was actually the operator of a small english language school/translation service. She took a cut of any moneies the girls made from their meetings with farang men. She told me the best were the Japanese guys as they were not all lovey dovey as farang men can get, they knew the score and paid more handsomely without the emotional attachement many farang men seem to hold on the girls.

It was all volentary on the girls part, most could not speak english very well if at all, so she was just a facilitator, but I did wonder how she slept at night setting these farang blokes up for such a fall. Most of the emails and messages were full of declarations of love for the girl the farang guy had never even met. It was quite interesting whilst very sad at the same time.

Exactly true. I have personally met 3 or 4 people (woman & men) who are doing exactly what you describe. If possible, try to determine that you are talking to the actual lady, preferably by phone. But, the whole Internet game is even more risky, if you don't live in Thailand.

interested to know, what are the best sites? never tried before (being local it did not seem necessary) but now want to see what its all about. I heard Hi5 was one but not sure.

hi5 is in Thai only.

No it's not. They're an American firm that just happens to be popular in Asia; getting killed by facebook as of late.

I use Camfrog, at least you get to see the person, but it takes ages to filter out a potential partner.

I only see the page written in Thai, not English. Fine if you can read Thai. Doesn't matter who owns them, if you cant read Thai.

Ok here is how you get the English page. At the top(ish) of the home page click the link to the right of the small Thai flag and choose English from the popup

Pay no attention to the idiots on here who were able to connect(him and his wife) but refuse to tell you.

hi5 is in Thai only.

There is a button to change language in the top right. You don't need to read Thai to use Hi5

Meeting Thai Ladies on the internet! (For the serious ones amongst you)

If living outside Thailand;

1) Turn off computer.

2) Pull your pants back up, (1&2 interchangeable)

3) Come to Thailand.

4) Leave your room (in Thailand) at least once wail you are here and mingle. Talk to girls, or Katoeys, (you know you want too)

If living in Thailand;

1) Turn off computer.

2) Pull your pants back up, (1&2 interchangeable)

3) Go outside at least once a week and mingle, (Talk to girls, or Katoeys, (you know you want too)

Good Luck...........You Weird, freaky people. Ha ha

Edited by Tonto21

Do they need to pull their pants up to stop talking out of their ass?

These sites are like Bike show exhibition babes. Good to look at for a glance and then boring. I remember meeting Theresa May (adult model) at a bike show about 12 years ago. She was "dismissing" some prick who thought he was clever. I realised then what a charade the whole deal really is. I think physical attraction is pretty low down the list for me now, and as that is all most thai ladies have to offer unless you strike a seam of Gold, the game is pretty much pointless.

As an interesting aside. It makes it slightly more challenging when I want to lose weight living here. Why? Well back home you knew if you were in better shape, more ladies would be interested and you could pick a golden one from a wider pool. Here, I'd be better putting on wieght and aging prematurely (and bleaching my skin white of course) so I appeared to have one foot in the grave and I would be instantly more attractive.

One situation that using the online computer sites precludes is meeting a Thai woman who -- for whatever reason -- until she met you never considered hooking up with a Western guy in the first place.

Some guys will have no idea how important that is... but I am glad you pointed it. You could write a doctoral thesis on that subject alone!

After reading this thread for a laugh I came across these comments which I reckon is one of the best pieces of decent advise anywhere on this forum when the topic of dating Thai women is concerned.

For sure there are exceptions.. However, all of my friends in successful relationships are dating women who would never have thought about 'catching' a foreigner.

And a couple of friends who do seem to have difficulty in their relationships always end up dating what I refer to as 'the occupational farrang hunters'... Not necessarily hookers, but professional, attractive women, who have decided that they are 'too good for Thai guys', this notion of preconceived ideas is a precursor to headaches in the cases I have observed.

Edited by richard_smith237

Bonobo has good ideas, but here is why I chose to just narrow it down to one quickly..the first trip to LOS I had an itinerary.. meet this one for 3 days in BKK, go to KK and meet one there, up to Burinam, over to Chaing Mai, etc..but when I met the first one in BKK, I fell in"love" quickly and bonded with her, and all bets were off..she was a university grad with no kids..

Another one knew( unfortnately) where I was staying ( Manadarin Hotel, Silom).. and phoned me, to my dismay..I had "slipped up", forgotton I had told 2 ladies where i was staying...

.. and I felt TERRIBLY guilty letting the other one down, telling her I had met someone else and was just going to hang out with her.. I could feel her frustration and sadness through the phone, and it hurt me a lot..

.."why you not come see me too?".. "why".." I wait you long time.."..you see I am" wimpy" when it comes to women.. I HATE hurting them, and whether the "other" was hurt or not, it felt like it to me..

..so I am a one woman man, as many Thai women quickly become one man women.. so although I was "good" at contacting many, making arrangements, lists, etc.. in the end it was VERY depressing..

.. okay, the next trip to LOS.. when the first relationship fizzled, I still had previous contacts and made one, but it too fizzled..

..so I gave up altogether on the internet idea,staRTED JUST DATING AGAIN IN Vancouver locals.. but someone had left a message for me..I did not check the site for months..when I finally checked the site again just prior to coming back to LOS, I looked at her profile and went..WOW!!.. That was over 3 years ago, and now she is my wife, 2 years +.. everything is great.. with communication at the heart of the matter..so ONE at a time was the way for me..

.. but BONOBO's idea is still good for the right personality type... cheers

..so I gave up altogether on the internet idea,staRTED JUST DATING AGAIN IN Vancouver locals.. but someone had left a message for me..I did not check the site for months..when I finally checked the site again just prior to coming back to LOS, I looked at her profile and went..WOW!!.. That was over 3 years ago, and now she is my wife, 2 years +.. everything is great.. with communication at the heart of the matter..so ONE at a time was the way for me..

Congrats, and it is good to read about relationship successes, no matter how people meet.  :)

Why not just face the facts.

For you guys who are 50 and over and prefer Thai women no older than 35, it`s going to be strictly a pay as you lay relationship.

The price varies depending on how many years there are between you.

You older guys who are not married or even if you are, best to treat these relationships more as social events rather than as a boyfriend, girlfriend thing.

Once us guys reach 50 we become invisible to attractive young women, nothing much to offer them other than cash or some financial incentives to be our pay as you go girlfriend for a while.

So you have to think, why should these girls on dating sites choose you instead of any other average passed their prime Farang, who they can meet in any bar, online or at anyplace, anytime.

Edited by BigWheelMan

My mate Des told me about his hot telephone sex witha Thai girl before he arrived on holiday...

He reckons she got so excited that she came all over her PC....

I asked him how he worked that out...he said she typed....."ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh..Dessie !!!

I think hes too old to be allowed to go out alone...

Anyway when she arrived at his Nana Plaza hotel room...it was a katoey called Nicky

My mate Des told me about his hot telephone sex witha Thai girl before he arrived on holiday...

He reckons she got so excited that she came all over her PC....

I asked him how he worked that out...he said she typed....."ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh..Dessie !!!

I think hes too old to be allowed to go out alone...

Anyway when she arrived at his Nana Plaza hotel room...it was a katoey called Nicky

I once tried some of that cyber sex, but got my knob jammed in the DVD drive.

Edited by BigWheelMan

Rule No. 1: Don't waste time!

Never do any extended emailing, chatting etc. It is a total waste of time doing this with a stranger. Instead: meet up as soon as possible. Just 1-2 hours in a coffee shop. This short meeting is much more worth than weeks of chatting and mailing.

Rule No. 2: Take her to bed at the third meeting.

If you are a healthy normal man, you don't want to waste time on this too. I normally go for the second meeting, but if she shows promising attitudes, I give her another chance at the third meeting. Don't wait any longer: there are lots of psychos there who just want to abuse you for having some entertainment and free meals. And those who hold back with sex will also do it in a later relationship or use sex to gain something from you. Both is not what you want, so move on quickly after the 3rd meeting.

Rule No. 3: There are lots of good girls outside the dating sites. Once you follow my rules 1+2, you will have sufficient time to go for these girls too.

really?? I respect your view, but in general, my experieces were the opposite.. the first one made me wait until I came back to LOS the second time.. my future wife made me wait 18 MONTHS!! After marriage this changed DRASTICALLY.. to the point where..well, I'll let you guess

signed: every day

btw.. my experiences confirmed what I read and heard.. that, in general, educated Asian women without kids at age 30 have had WAY less sexual partners than the corresponding farang from Europe/north america..so much for the stigma of asian women that they are so loose

the best way to meet thai women is just go to thailand and meet them in person wherever..however...meeting them on the internet is an alternative for those that have never been there yet and want to have someone waiting for them when they arrive, plain and simple

Having a woman waiting here for you is dangerous for many of us. Even if she is only somewhat appealing to you, she quickly gets her hooks into you (good sex, treating you like a king: cutting your toe nails, ear and nose hair, etc. :) ). Then the idea of getting to know a different woman who may be a better fit becomes encumbered with feeling of guilt. The longer you stay with her, the more the difficulty until you can become trapped. Happens a lot. That's why many guys returning here after a visit don't return to the same woman, an easy though arguably cowardly escape from a relationship you know you don't want long term. BTDT :D

Want to have a woman waiting for you at the airport? Never mind. Take a taxi to Pattaya or stay in BKK and go anywhere. Look for a smile and that woman is interested. No matter how unattractive or fat you may be, very attractive (young if you prefer) women will be interested in you. Have a pleasant expression, don't act like a snob or a jerk, and a decent women will not be quickly turned off.

Don't think the internet is needed for you to meet a woman here! It isn't! It is hard for many of us who are not given a second glance by a woman back in the west to understand this, but it is true. Surprising to the newbie here, but 100% true.

you are right, but many of us did not know that, or once many of us farang checked the Thai dating sites and saw all the "eye candy", and knowing you weren't going to LOS for months.. it was too tempting to leave them all alone..but I agree.. the best way is to just go to LOS and meet them WHEREVER

Why not just face the facts.

For you guys who are 50 and over and prefer Thai women no older than 35, it`s going to be strictly a pay as you lay relationship.

The price varies depending on how many years there are between you.

You older guys who are not married or even if you are, best to treat these relationships more as social events rather than as a boyfriend, girlfriend thing.

Once us guys reach 50 we become invisible to attractive young women, nothing much to offer them other than cash or some financial incentives to be our pay as you go girlfriend for a while.

So you have to think, why should these girls on dating sites choose you instead of any other average passed their prime Farang, who they can meet in any bar, online or at anyplace, anytime.

some of us farang nearing 50 look almost 10 years younger, ( and some 35 year old out of shape farangs with hard lifestyes don't look any better, in some cases worse than a farang in late 40's or early 50's) thanks to good genes and in my case, working out fairly heavily since a teenager, but generally, your point is well taken and you are spot on, as the brits are wont to say

I see this thread has got more informative as it evolved

It was bound to providing the people kept it decent. Nothing wrong with the cynical, but funny replies, though. Bonobo probably gave the best advice for a person looking for a serious relationship. It still comes down to finally meeting the person face to face and seeing if there are any sparks. Strange as it may seem, and regardless what some cynics believe, it IS possible for a May-November relationship to work out. There is no logical reason for some people's attraction to each other... but it happens. It's just less likely that #10 gal is going to fall for some #4 guy... unless he is wealthy. You only need one good, informative answer to make reading a thread worthwhile.

Kuhn IF I think you miss the point: A #10 female can always find a wealthy Thai or Farang; the reason she may look elsewhere is that she is bored silly having been chased by those #10 alpha-males since she was age 16 and is now looking for something different.

Kuhn IF I think you miss the point: A #10 female can always find a wealthy Thai or Farang; the reason she may look elsewhere is that she is bored silly having been chased by those #10 alpha-males since she was age 16 and is now looking for something different.

That maybe true once the #10 Thai gal gets passed 30 years old, but not so true for the 20 year olds. When gals get a little maturity, same as males, they start to realize their options are getting smaller.

hi5 is in Thai only.

You can select whichever language you want to use with hi5.

Go to the bottom of the home page and click the link that has a country's flag icon next to it.

In your case I presume, it gets set to Thai by default, since the hi5 server detects your IP address and assumes you are located in Thailand.

You will see a Select Language window pop up.

Make your selection.

It's done for convenience, a better user experience so to speak, but in fact it confuses some folks, not you only :).

Cheers

Edited by cyberia

Rule No. 1: Don't waste time!

Never do any extended emailing, chatting etc. It is a total waste of time doing this with a stranger. Instead: meet up as soon as possible. Just 1-2 hours in a coffee shop. This short meeting is much more worth than weeks of chatting and mailing.

Rule No. 2: Take her to bed at the third meeting.

If you are a healthy normal man, you don't want to waste time on this too. I normally go for the second meeting, but if she shows promising attitudes, I give her another chance at the third meeting. Don't wait any longer: there are lots of psychos there who just want to abuse you for having some entertainment and free meals. And those who hold back with sex will also do it in a later relationship or use sex to gain something from you. Both is not what you want, so move on quickly after the 3rd meeting.

Rule No. 3: There are lots of good girls outside the dating sites. Once you follow my rules 1+2, you will have sufficient time to go for these girls too.

really?? I respect your view, but in general, my experieces were the opposite.. the first one made me wait until I came back to LOS the second time.. my future wife made me wait 18 MONTHS!! After marriage this changed DRASTICALLY.. to the point where..well, I'll let you guess

signed: every day

btw.. my experiences confirmed what I read and heard.. that, in general, educated Asian women without kids at age 30 have had WAY less sexual partners than the corresponding farang from Europe/north america..so much for the stigma of asian women that they are so loose

I wouldn't wait 18 days, let alone 18 months. If you want to wait that long, you might as well become a monk. True about the older Thai women (over 30). Many don't have a clue which end is up. Like an old maid auntie back home.

I would use these sites for collecting contacts. Get a half dozen interested and then, when you visit, concentrate on those six applicants (<may be harsh but they are applicants). If those six don't meet your criteria spent the remainder of your visit playing the field (Thong Lor on a Friday night for example).

from the wisdom of Hermann Hesse (Das Glasperlenspiel) and the I Ching:

4. MENG Youthful Folly

“Youthful folly wins success,

I do not seek the young fool,

The young fool seeks me.

At the first oracle I give knowledge.

If (s)he asks again, it is opportunity.

If (s)he importunes, I give no knowledge.

Perseverance is beneficial.”

Many of these (#10 let's say) women have developed one overriding view that influnces their behavior: Men Suck.

Edited by jazzbo

One situation that using the online computer sites precludes is meeting a Thai woman who -- for whatever reason -- until she met you never considered hooking up with a Western guy in the first place.

Some guys will have no idea how important that is... but I am glad you pointed it. You could write a doctoral thesis on that subject alone!

After reading this thread for a laugh I came across these comments which I reckon is one of the best pieces of decent advise anywhere on this forum when the topic of dating Thai women is concerned.

For sure there are exceptions.. However, all of my friends in successful relationships are dating women who would never have thought about 'catching' a foreigner.

And a couple of friends who do seem to have difficulty in their relationships always end up dating what I refer to as 'the occupational farrang hunters'... Not necessarily hookers, but professional, attractive women, who have decided that they are 'too good for Thai guys', this notion of preconceived ideas is a precursor to headaches in the cases I have observed.

There is one piece of advice no one has talked about. If a woman has been with a farang previously then run away! The odds are they have fleeced the farang before and you are the next victim. Clearly, many of them will not tell you but some are so arrogant they cannot lose they will spill their guts. I found this out with with my first thai woman and if I had been smart enough to see the hand writing on the wall the loses would have been smaller. She was a real pro at emptying wallets. Met her on thai love links before coming to thailand.

I have met 3 ladies on the net and travelled to meet them all. What I found was after speaking with them for sometime prior is that they were all attractive to my eye, but only one of them (my lady now) could actually arouse my intelligence.

For the record I have just turned 48. The first meeting took place in Patong in March 2008. I decided 3 months prior to getting to LOS that I would look on Thailovelinks. I met this young (26) sweet girl. School teacher who worked in Phuket Town. Spent a few days with her. She was gorgeous but the spark between us was not happening for me, and her too probably. She answered me by saying I know you not love me. Pretty hard to love someone after meeting through a computer screen and two days together, however we both knew it wasn't happpening. Parted on good terms.

1 year later I tried again. Wanted to visit Pattaya, so I met another lady, self-employed 39 and seemed switched on. Flew off to meet her and spend a week with her. She insisted I could stay at her house and given that is where her business was, I understand her wanting this. We spent a few days in her house, venturing into town occassionaly and spent 2 days at Kho Samet together.

At first I thought this could work out. She had wealth and was switched on financially. But the day before I was due to come home, she hit me with it. She wanted me to pay to keep her off the market. She also demanded how the finances would work (that being she controlled everything). I was just business to her. I was happy to get to my flight the next day. When I returned I spoke to her still and started to assert some authority now I was back in comfortable surroundings! (home). She didn't take to this very well and became very hostile. I then realised I had escaped this sentence.

I gave up really thinking I was it just wasn't going to happen. One night I was having a few beers and decided to clean-up the computer including Thailovelinks. I sorted through all the ladies I had expressed interst in and those who did the same to me. As I was deleting them a EOI from a lady who I ignored was on-line. The dutch courage set in and I hit the chat button. She answered and we chatted for sometime. Over the next 4 weeks we spoke regularly. I flew to meet her in June last year. She is now 33.

I have been to see her three times now, she has been to Australia once and I am flying back to see her again for three months in August. We are having a baby then and then I am bringing her back her again for another extended period. It worked for me but I took 3 attempts. I have never been so content in my life.

The main thing about using these sites is that I was always honest in what I wanted and what I expected. I always told the ladies that they should demand the same. Saves all the bullshit.

Sometimes I think that she first saw me as an opportunity to have a good life. And I do not knock this as I know I can give this to her. But we have grown together and while we both satisfy the needs of each other, we gel!

Hope I haven't bored you all.

Edited by wonder6281