Thai Visa Official Members Party

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I just add regarding bringing partners....the party was originally a non official event and all those on the list are welcome to attend however as its now an official TV event can I ask that no one else adds any partners as these events are usually members only.

Thanks for your understanding.

Can I just add regarding bringing partners....the party was originally a non official event and all those on the list are welcome to attend however as its now an official TV event can I ask that no one else adds any partners as these events are usually members only.

Count me in please.Just to confirm that those who were "plus one" on the original list are still

invited? (I have no wish to inform Mrs.Gator she is now un-invited!) :)

Count me in please.Just to confirm that those who were "plus one" on the original list are still

invited? (I have no wish to inform Mrs.Gator she is now un-invited!) :D

I wouldn't want to put you in that position....all those who were +1 your partners are still invited.:)

I'll be there. I think !

Hedging your bets on an earthquake/Tsunami eh Rooo? :)

sorcerer.gif

Samui's new early warning system. :D

Shhhhhhhhh I'm in with my fortune teller, for the latest updates. Will keep you posted.

Another car park is located up on the back road.

As you drive in threw the entrance of the village take the first left then drive about 5/600 meters, you will come across a small soi on your right hand side, you will find parking in there for about 20 cars with direct access to the main village street.

This party is open to all current Thai Visa members only. (That is members as of the time of this post)

brownco:

"im a new member but ill be back in samui would like to check it out"

Mole:

First post ever.

I've been lurking around the board and just reading though.

Please count me in.

Sorry, welcome to the site but you are not invited if you joined after the time of the invite post: 2010-04-24 17:23

Rooo:

PS : No new members, that joined after 24/05 /2010. Not for this one.

The time cut-off is 2010-04-24 17:23. Rooo has the wrong month.

Smokie36:

"Again please let me know below if you plan to attend and if anyone else is bringing a partner I'd be grateful if you can let me know."

Also, since we have to log in, that would mean that at least one person would have to verify that each person is a member, which would mean that that person would then be able to identify each member on sight. Is everyone really comfortable with that? I know a few members who have confided in me that if they ever were to meet so-and-so, there would be fireworks.

"Must be dressed as your avatar." What you see is what you get.

"Is (insert name of banned member) gonna be there.." I'd like to see all the banned members there. They are, after all, members. And what about those who are under suspension? From what I gather, most if not all those who were banned were not terrorists. And I would be most interested in meeting them over many others.

I am bewildered by the post by smokie36:

"Just a quick reminder to anyone planning to attend please let me know as I'm posting the final list in a weeks time. If your name isn't on it you aint coming!"

If it is an officially sponsored event, shutting any valid member out seems churlish in the extreme.

Since it looks like all the members, or nearly all, who said they would go are male, I suppose I could go low cut and get in even without my password. And since I didn't "register" I can't attend anyway. I'll just stand in the street selling condoms for the guys as they stagger out....

Since it looks like all the members, or nearly all, who said they would go are male, I suppose I could go low cut and get in even without my password. And since I didn't "register" I can't attend anyway. I'll just stand in the street selling condoms for the guys as they stagger out....

Does that mean we'll see you there Mark? :)

This party is open to all current Thai Visa members only. (That is members as of the time of this post)

brownco:

"im a new member but ill be back in samui would like to check it out"

Mole:

First post ever.

I've been lurking around the board and just reading though.

Please count me in.

Sorry, welcome to the site but you are not invited if you joined after the time of the invite post: 2010-04-24 17:23

Rooo:

PS : No new members, that joined after 24/05 /2010. Not for this one.

The time cut-off is 2010-04-24 17:23. Rooo has the wrong month.

Smokie36:

"Again please let me know below if you plan to attend and if anyone else is bringing a partner I'd be grateful if you can let me know."

Also, since we have to log in, that would mean that at least one person would have to verify that each person is a member, which would mean that that person would then be able to identify each member on sight. Is everyone really comfortable with that? I know a few members who have confided in me that if they ever were to meet so-and-so, there would be fireworks.

"Must be dressed as your avatar." What you see is what you get.

"Is (insert name of banned member) gonna be there.." I'd like to see all the banned members there. They are, after all, members. And what about those who are under suspension? From what I gather, most if not all those who were banned were not terrorists. And I would be most interested in meeting them over many others.

I am bewildered by the post by smokie36:

"Just a quick reminder to anyone planning to attend please let me know as I'm posting the final list in a weeks time. If your name isn't on it you aint coming!"

If it is an officially sponsored event, shutting any valid member out seems churlish in the extreme.

Are you trying to tell me you want to attend Tracerround? Let me know.....!!

Just to make it clearer for you I didn't want people joining simply to attend the party ie freeloaders. Also I have to have an idea of the numbers involved for catering purposes. Really the more the merrier and everyone was invited and purposely given plenty of time to let me know. Regarding logging in yes everyone will be required to do this but I'll be the only person to see who you are.

And I'll be signing the Official Secrets Act beforehand......anything else???

Whew....Its just like the good old days.... :)

Does that mean we'll see you there Mark? biggrin.gif

I am not Mark Samui. In fact, I am not Mark anything. However, isn't "outing another" a banable offense? " Since you are wrong, it isn't outing, but is fishing condoned?

Forum Rule 19) Not to post other members' personal details, photos or web site details. Doing so will result in an instant ban.

Of course if I do say I am this "Mark'' then Bluechipit will be instantly banned. Interesting situation.

If even only one person can see who your flesh-bag actually is, then that's not as it should be. It's not that I don't trust you, smokie36, but I know human nature and eventually, "Did you know that XXX was actually that guy...." will happen to a friend or someone else. If people wanted to be clear about themselves, and not hide behind fake names, they'd use their real name. Probably only a handful of people actually do this. Most people are not man or woman enough to post under their actual names; and I suppose there is a reason for this.

I also think that if it's an official event, either you have only members come or it's open to members and anyone else who comes along; after all, isn't the idea of a mixer also to encourage and introduce the site to the public as well? Or do we all need to also produce the secret handshake?

I am not Mark Samui. In fact, I am not Mark anything. However, isn't "outing another" a banable offense? " Since you are wrong, it isn't outing, but is fishing condoned?

Forum Rule 19) Not to post other members' personal details, photos or web site details. Doing so will result in an instant ban.

Of course if I do say I am this "Mark'' then Bluechipit will be instantly banned. Interesting situation.

I don't think mentioning a single name "Mark" is considered as posting members' personal details. I'm sure there are hundreds of Mark's out there.

Maybe if I wrote your full name, address and attached a picture I would be breaking Forum Rule 19....

And fishing? I've never been interested in the sport.

What I actually meant to write was, "Does that mean we'll see you there Mate?" - a simple typo, honest... :)

Oh and I use my real name on all my posts. With my old user name, "mattcinderey" and my current Thai Visa sponsor account, I have nothing to hide.

Matt.

If even only one person can see who your flesh-bag actually is, then that's not as it should be. It's not that I don't trust you, smokie36, but I know human nature and eventually, "Did you know that XXX was actually that guy...." will happen to a friend or someone else. If people wanted to be clear about themselves, and not hide behind fake names, they'd use their real name. Probably only a handful of people actually do this. Most people are not man or woman enough to post under their actual names; and I suppose there is a reason for this.

I also think that if it's an official event, either you have only members come or it's open to members and anyone else who comes along; after all, isn't the idea of a mixer also to encourage and introduce the site to the public as well? Or do we all need to also produce the secret handshake?

Bit sensitive aren't you. There is always a chance someone will find out who you are,but who really cares?

Are you unhappy because you can't bring all your mates to the do? :)