Cardiologist

OccamsRazor

My wife has a leaky heart valve which has not been causing her any problems until recently. She is now having chest pains (angina) and obviously we need to have this looked into ASAP. Her insurance covers Lanna, McCormick and Ruam Padh. Any recomendations as to which would have the best cardiologist? Thanks in advance.

Dr. Supachai of Chiang Mai Lanna Hospital is an excellent fully qualified Cardiologist with great caring manner and English skills (if your wife is English speaking).

Hope this may assist. He sure gave me a new lease on life. PS. This hospital direct bills BUPA Insurance Co.

Edited by rodcourt49

I would not trust Ruam Padh (by Chiangmai Gate). My MIL went there with a severe head ache. It did not go away after the obligatory shot, so she went back. The "doctor" said she might have brain cancer. No Xrays, no MRI, no nada. She almost worried herself to death before calling us a day later. We took her somewhere else.

Was he the one and only bad doctor there? Who knows? But the in-laws won't go back there again.

In my own experience here, there are not any kind of 'good' cardiologists in Chiang Mai.

Do your own work on the internet learning about your disease, etc.

A doctor is only good for doing what you tell them you need.

We (myself, wife and my parents) have all had excellent experience with the Cardiologists at Sri Pat (also known as Special Medical Services). As noted in many other threads, Sri Pat doctors are usually the best in Chiang Mai as they are also professors at the medical school in Chiang Mai. They have a brochure in their reception of all their doctors including the education and experience. It may help you to choose.

Dr. Supachai of Chiang Mai Lanna Hospital is an excellent fully qualified Cardiologist with great caring manner and English skills (if your wife is English speaking).

Hope this may assist. He sure gave me a new lease on life. PS. This hospital direct bills BUPA Insurance Co.

Thanks for the information, I've given it to my wife now. As for doing my own research, I have and always do when it comes to medical situations. I know most of the terms, symtoms list, prognosis, reasons, treatment, etc. :)

I would not trust Ruam Padh (by Chiangmai Gate). My MIL went there with a severe head ache. It did not go away after the obligatory shot, so she went back. The "doctor" said she might have brain cancer. No Xrays, no MRI, no nada. She almost worried herself to death before calling us a day later. We took her somewhere else.

Was he the one and only bad doctor there? Who knows? But the in-laws won't go back there again.

Stay clear of Ruam Padh! Shaky to say the least.