Chulalongkorn Hospital Evacuated After Stormed By Red-Shirts

webfact

TAN Network: Reds surround Khon Kean airport in hopes of trapping multi-shirt leader Dr. Tul Sittisomwong

And what do they plan to do if they find him? They aren't the police, they have no authority. Are they planning on lynching him or something? If he's a doctor maybe they should check the hospitals in Khon Kean.

Thai Elections 2011

Please pick:

[ ] - Phua Thai / UDD (Thaksin)

[ ] - The one run by that bloke who got lynched at the airport

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah right but now he is in his new country changed his name and spoke to the world that montnegro now is his home forget takky senagare he aint coming back

How gives a ...? Only small minded people think that is all about the Montenegrin.

Hey calling the red protesters small minded is uncalled for.

LOL

Small wallet crowd?

This is obviously about Thaksin and nothing else. PTP has no platform to help the poor. The Reds have no platform to help the poor. The pictures of Thaksin and his call-ins etc show this is about Thaksin. The timing just after the siezure of Thaksin's asetts show this to be about Thaksin.

Elections you say? Oh yeah! Let's have elections even though we need to have a budget first! Why Elections now? PTP needs to control the charter reform (very little chance that they get a majority in the next elections at this point) and the Dems are saying that Charter reform needs to include ALL groups in Thailand.

yeah right but now he is in his new country changed his name and spoke to the world that montnegro now is his home forget takky senagare he aint coming back

How gives a ...? Only small minded people think that is all about the Montenegrin.

so tell me what is it all about ? what is so pressing that you could not take the 9 month offer ? huh ?

Dude. No trust in Abhisits promises and when the argument is the the current govenment isn't truly a democratic elected one why should they wait any longer and give them additional 9 month to cling in power?

I love that "Not democratically elected" theme. No matter how many times it is debunked, it keeps coming back. Fight the power Mazeltov!

If we let things like this continue... they could be storming our homes, hurting our families or friends (maybe because they think we hide soldiers in our house too).

Man. I hate to say it but this is beginning to sounds like how communism starts... look at the Nazis..

Exactly.

A concentrate of violence, endless propaganda, blatant lies ("peacefull, unarmed"...), threats and keeping their audience paranoid while provocative and desperately looking for martyrs (shows much better on modern medias with color TV)...

It smells like an authoritarian regime-to-be. Doesn't need to be clearly left or right: from Stalin to Pinochet, authoritarism doesn't really need an ideology, its aim is power at any cost.

But history shows that exacerbating popular mass frustration ("poor defenseless countryside people" in this case) has been the typical path for most dictatorial movements.

Paying the heavy price in the 2nd part has sadly been just as typical.

so tell me what is it all about ? what is so pressing that you could not take the 9 month offer ? huh ?

Dude. No trust in Abhisits promises and when the argument is the the current govenment isn't truly a democratic elected one why should they wait any longer and give them additional 9 month to cling in power?

so the country does not get as f*** up as it is right now

Agreed, the hospital attack is a GAME CHANGER both in Thailand and internationally. The reds have been EXPOSED. It's about time!

I like you Jing - but people use that "game changer" term to liberally (not unlike "civil war" :) )

Fair enough. Time will tell.

If we let things like this continue... they could be storming our homes, hurting our families or friends (maybe because they think we hide soldiers in our house too).

Man. I hate to say it but this is beginning to sounds like how communism starts... look at the Nazis..

Exactly.

A concentrate of violence, endless propaganda, blatant lies ("peacefull, unarmed"...), threats and keeping their audience paranoid while provocative and desperately looking for martyrs (shows much better on modern medias with color TV)...

It smells like an authoritarian regime-to-be. Doesn't need to be clearly left or right: from Stalin to Pinochet, authoritarism doesn't really need an ideology, its aim is power at any cost.

But history shows that exacerbating popular mass frustration ("poor defenseless countryside people" in this case) has been the typical path for most dictatorial movements.

Nail on the head.

Now it's "truly democratic".

You still have explained what wasn't democratic about his election.

Obviously, you have great trust in the red leaders promises. They offer an apology and then say it was warranted. You can't have it both ways.

I can't rember the details leading up to the 2006 coup.

Look at Wiki, it's not bad ...

I was here during the all "tenure" of Thaksin, the country had become a

"banana Republic" ...

:)

Which has now turned into a "Rotten Banana Republic".

.......... since Thaksin has decided to come back.... in force.

Most people can't even remember the details leading up to the current protests.

The English-language newspaper the B Post reported Thaksin as saying, "I cannot allow mob rule to supersede the law," and citing intelligence reports of "instigators of violence" seeking to exploit the divisive situation as a reason for dissolving the House of Representatives. The country could not suffer a new round of "bruises" when it was still suffering from the violent events of May 1992, with relatives of victims still to be healed, Thaksin said.

Thaksin also cited the impact on the economy of the political situation, pointing to the questions it had raised about the future of megaprojects and the ups and downs on the stock market. "I am ready to accept the decisions of the people. But I will never accept those outside the system who claim to be deciding for the people," he said.

From wikipedia, on Thaksin's decision to hold elections in 2006 which were boycotted by the other main opposition parties. People were outraged at the circumstances of his sale of Shincorp to Singapore for which he paid almost no taxes.

"Not truly democratically elected" has been fully refuted. The reds will accept a promise of a shorter time period but not 9 months ... so guess they trust him and that this excuse is a lie.

TAN Network: Reds surround Khon Kean airport in hopes of trapping multi-shirt leader Dr. Tul Sittisomwong

And what do they plan to do if they find him? They aren't the police, they have no authority. Are they planning on lynching him or something? If he's a doctor maybe they should check the hospitals in Khon Kean.

Thai Elections 2011

Please pick:

[ ] - Phua Thai / UDD (Thaksin)

[ ] - The one run by that bloke who got lynched at the airport

It's exactly why there cannot be elections NOW !

Elections work only in countries at peace ... the fascists should be disarmed and their

leaders jailed before any election could take place !

:)

Exactly.

Nail on the head.

Exactly! Left or right, it makes no difference. If they win, it is a major move AWAY from democracy and towards a brutal totalitarian regime. In other words, massive misery.

Person(s) whose interests have been affected are using mob rule, but no one is enforcing the law. Finally, this has resulted in the creation of disorder and problems. We still lack respect for the democratic system [and] the issue of one person, one vote. Some people believe that they are more important than the majority. Thus, their voice (or vote) must be louder [than others] and have a greater importance than others. [They] don’t respect the decisions of the people.

Speech by Thaksin in 2006

Guess the shoe is on the other foot now.

In addition to the wheelchair-bound patients shown earlier, the international press is showing the bed-ridden being evacuated to safety

Reuters - Paramedics assist in evacuating a patient from the Chulalongkorn Hospital in the Silom business district of Bangkok

This is really sick. The reds are starting to look like the Khmers Rouges.

If you knew anything about the Khmer Rouge you would realize just how assanine your comment is. Get educated or keep quiet.

The ustupty of some ofte posts on heough to make me want to go postal myself. Farangs, and yes I am one, calling for the mass slaughter of teh red demonstrators, when in fact most all of you do not understand what the hel_l is going on around you. It just interupts your beer drinkingand you are upset. I what the reds are doing is terrorist activity, then what the yellows did was also terrorist activity. As such, justice needs to be served on a first come first served basis. Convict and imprison the Yellow Shirt Leaders and set the example of what will happen to the Red leaders. What's is good for the goose is good for the gander.

The modeator here needs to eliminate all posts which call for the slaughter of any group of people. The words of a few morons make all farang look bad.

Second that!

Well in an excedingly rare instance I can agree with Mazoltov.

Talk of slaughtering protesters is not good.

And has nothing to do with restoring law and order.

"Exactly.

A concentrate of violence, endless propaganda, blatant lies ("peacefull, unarmed"...), threats and keeping their audience paranoid while provocative and desperately looking for martyrs (shows much better on modern medias with color TV)..."

I got to this point and it made total sense.. but one question, I don't know if you are talking about the Thai Gov or the red shirts.

They have so much in common, don't they?

Well, it must be pretty obvious now that the reds are criminals, anarchists and at least some of them are terrorists but here is The Voice of Taksin from September 2009 so there can be no mistake.

taksin.jpg

The best translation of writing in red near the bottom is "bomb (explode) aristocracy/elite, destroy (completely) the elite/aristocracy".

Bombs! Complete destruction! Hints of terrorism and complete supression of opposition?

Yep, evil is the word for these crazies.

Evacuations are a good PR move from the government. Totally unneeded but it makes the Reds look even worse.

I am sure you would love it if thugs armed with spears were wandering around a hospital you were recovering in.

Totally needed if they want to keep the patients safe.

Webfact just posted that they had to transfer the Supreme Patriarch of Thailand Buddhism to Siriraj, due to the threat of the reds.

OOOOPPS! (What the Red Leaders are thinking right now).

They are also transfering patients that are in a coma, I hope that ALL of the patients have a successful transfer.

FF

They did not "storm" the hospital. They entered it and searched it because they believed it was being used by the army to set up an operation against them.

Nobody was hurt

No damage was done.

Oh, this is a classic. I don't feel the need to comment. I will not used more better languages to insult you.

:) Quite the classic! Hey vicco, i'm staying tuned mate, can't wait for the 'more original and even kinder language' that you 'will used' :D :D Marvellous display of stupidity. (reds or vicco? You decide :D )

oh . . . you missed another this morning at 11.46 :-)

Since presumably the Governing Board of the King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital don't believe they can take the word of the leaders at face value the decision to transfer His Holiness Somdet Phra Nyanasamvara, the Supreme Patriarch of Thailand to Siriraj Hospital’s 84th Years Building is a concerning testament to the UDD's lack of ethics.

Regards

Red-shirt leader Natthawut Saikeu insisted his group was monitoring movement within the Chulalongkorn Hospital and believed armed military men were using one of its buildings as a shelter because food supplies have been delivered there.

Natthawut claimed last night's raid stemmed from concerns that soldiers who were inside the hospital could shoot protesters as was the case during the clash on Vibhavadhi Rangsit Road.

The red-shirt leader claimed that the group could not find soldiers in the hospital compound because their commander was alerted about the move disclosed on the rally stage so all soldiers were ordered to leave the hospital.

Natthawut claimed they returned at 9 p.m. so the group decided to raid the building.

He also said soldiers in the hospital building opened fire at protesters when they entered.

Delivering food supplies to a hospital? Very suspicious indeed. Sholdiers opened fire when they entered the the hospital? This guy is a lunatic! Anyone that believes anything these reds say is more stupid than my old dog that eats concrete chips. No wonder people call him Nutthawut.

Evacuations are a good PR move from the government. Totally unneeded but it makes the Reds look even worse.

Right now the Reds don't need any help in looking bad. They're doing a great job on their own. How about taking over the airport in Khon Kaen to search for Dr. Tul? Red style democracy at work. Poster who compared them to Khmer Rouge not far off.

today he is considering a proposal to step aside for a neutral replacement to allow elections and constitutional reform.

Seen on national TV, a tired looking premier said: "It is a good proposal, and I am considering this." But he quickly added: "This does not mean that I would bow to mob rule.

"I will disclose my decision only when the time is right and the decision will be based on the benefit of the country, not influenced by the demands of those losers,"

This article doesn't refer to PM Abhisit. It is quoting PM Thaksin and was written in 2006.

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1...ister-says.html

Edited by lazurus

Most patients are leaving voluntarily because they are now AFRAID.

Don't even try to justify the red hospital raid, its an act of animals.