Chiang Mai Fc

thaimiller

Well it looks like we could be seeing premier league football at the 700 year stadium quicker than expected if the rumours are true and Chiang Rai Utd have asked permission to use the stadium for the second leg of the season, as their own ground has not got enough capacity.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be good to have a match every weekend, and a bit of the TPL. Also any ideas of the chances of Buri Ram PEA changing cities again, if they have two teams in the TPL. Basically they are one in the same team and not sure if Newin would pay for two teams. We might be Chiang Mai PEA FC, next season & have the TPL. If we don't get relegated this year it will be a good season now, well beaten on Saturday by a far superior team.

• 2 weeks later...

2 home games on the bounce for Chiang Mai Fc, strting today against Raj Pratcha FC and then next week against Bangkok FC. Both games on Sunday and both 6pm kick offs. Tickets available on the day from 30-80thb. If anyone needs a lift to the ground from town there is usually some space in a car from the Red Lion pub on Night Bizzare after 4pm, we usually leave for the ground around 5.15pm.

2 home games on the bounce for Chiang Mai Fc, strting today against Raj Pratcha FC and then next week against Bangkok FC. Both games on Sunday and both 6pm kick offs. Tickets available on the day from 30-80thb. If anyone needs a lift to the ground from town there is usually some space in a car from the Red Lion pub on Night Bizzare after 4pm, we usually leave for the ground around 5.15pm.

I have not yet enjoyed a sporting event here. Would I be permitted the small backpack usually carried for camera/keys etc. (Maybe stash a couple small cans of Singha :ph34r:)? I checked the website, no info apparent.

Match was a lot of fun, I'll definitely go again.

CM seemed to be the stronger side dominating possesion of ball, way more shots on goal.

Could not find any luck ..

Edited by arunsakda

I have not yet enjoyed a sporting event here. Would I be permitted the small backpack usually carried for camera/keys etc. (Maybe stash a couple small cans of Singha :ph34r:)? I checked the website, no info apparent.

No cans or even plastic water bottles allowed .They will look in your bag .You can buy beer outside the ground in pint sized plastic cups and bring them in .

You can also fill one of those plastic flask containers from tesco's. they hold 3 cans and have a top so unlike the pint sized cups they don't spill. I never have a problem walking in with one of those. But back to the football, what a poor performance, they need a win on sunday now. They also need a few more players for the second leg of the season or relegation is looming. :(

Gentlemen,

All football fans will cry with me.

Yes, it really looked as if we were coming to Chiang Mai to play.

We still will do, politics had its sayings.

But some of us will never come ...

They died yesterday on the way to Buriram.

The game went on and we lost 5 - 0.

I wouldn't have wanted us to win.

On the picture we see English Andy together with acharn Tjak.

Acharn Tjak was among the seven who died.

L.

post-6305-0-46694000-1307801254_thumb.jp

Edited by sbk
comments on moderation removed

Another lack luster performance from the team. No urgency at all after being down by a goal (own goal no less). Man, someone should teach these guys to play at a much faster pace with aggression. Down a goal and yet playing like they were leading by a goal. HUH? :annoyed:

• 3 weeks later...

If your looking for something a bit different to do tonight and tomorrow, Chiang mai FC play Buriram PEA (from the premier league) in the 3rd round of the Toyota league cup at the 700 year stadium tonight. 7pm Kick off. Tickets available on the night 60thb

Also tomorrow night see's Chiang Rai Utd fc play their first "Home game" since their move to Chiang Mai's 700 year stadium for the rest of the season. They also play in the 3rd round of the Toyota cup against Khon Kaen, this time a 6pm kick off.

Good luck to both of the Lanna Teams.

Am I right to think the Chiang Rai move means there will be football every weekend at the 700 year Stadium?

Maybe an enthusiast with better Thai than mine could put together a consolidated program for both CM and CR games at the Stadium??

According to the fixture list we're at home to Thai Honda this Sat', 6pm K.O as usual?

Hi BB, no they have changed the fixtures (again). The next home game is the 6th of August. When I get a minute I will change them all on the website. Sorry for any confusion.

Am I right to think the Chiang Rai move means there will be football every weekend at the 700 year Stadium?

Maybe an enthusiast with better Thai than mine could put together a consolidated program for both CM and CR games at the Stadium??

Here Goes, I think its about right, but obviously this being Thailand changes can happen. The 3 games that clash will obviously need to be re-arranged but no updates as yet.

SECOND LEG FIXTURES 2011 SEASON

At The 700 Year Stadium

30-Jul Rai Vs Thai Navy 18:00

06-Aug Mai Vs Saraburi 18:00

14-Aug Rai Vs Sri Racha 18:00

20-Aug Mai Vs Buriram 18:00

10-Sep Rai Vs Army Utd 18:00

17-Sep Rai Vs BEC Tero 18:00 **

17-Sep Mai Vs Chainat 18:00 **

21-Sep Mai Vs Thai Honda 18:00 **

21-Sep Rai Vs TTM Phichit 18:00 **

01-Oct Rai Vs Khon Kaen 18:00

02-Oct Mai Vs Phuket 18:00

22-Oct Rai Vs Chonburi 18:00

30-Oct Mai Vs Rangsit 18:00

20-Nov Mai Vs Bangkok Utd 18:00 **

20-Nov Rai Vs Bangkok Glass 18:00 **

10-Dec Rai Vs Osat Saraburi 18:00

11-Dec Mai Vs PTT Rayong 18:00

25-Dec Rai Vs Buriram PEA 18:00

For the full home and away fixtures for Chiang Mai FC for the rest of the season please see our Website

Edited by thaimiller

Here Goes, I think its about right, but obviously this being Thailand changes can happen. The 3 games that clash will obviously need to be re-arranged but no updates as yet.

SECOND LEG FIXTURES 2011 SEASON

At The 700 Year Stadium

30-Jul Rai Vs Thai Navy 18:00

06-Aug Mai Vs Saraburi 18:00

14-Aug Rai Vs Sri Racha 18:00

20-Aug Mai Vs Buriram 18:00

10-Sep Rai Vs Army Utd 18:00

17-Sep Rai Vs BEC Tero 18:00 **

17-Sep Mai Vs Chainat 18:00 **

21-Sep Mai Vs Thai Honda 18:00 **

21-Sep Rai Vs TTM Phichit 18:00 **

01-Oct Rai Vs Khon Kaen 18:00

02-Oct Mai Vs Phuket 18:00

22-Oct Rai Vs Chonburi 18:00

30-Oct Mai Vs Rangsit 18:00

20-Nov Mai Vs Bangkok Utd 18:00 **

20-Nov Rai Vs Bangkok Glass 18:00 **

10-Dec Rai Vs Osat Saraburi 18:00

11-Dec Mai Vs PTT Rayong 18:00

25-Dec Rai Vs Buriram PEA 18:00

For the full home and away fixtures for Chiang Mai FC for the rest of the season please see our Website

• 4 weeks later...

Well its taken them all season but the Tigers have finally made it to the bottom of the league after the away defeat last weekend. This Saturday (6th Aug) however could be the start of the recovery. Its the first home game of the second leg of fixtures for the season, the kick off is 6pm against Saraburi FC. Anyone needing a lift up to the 700 years stadium be at The Red Lion from 4pm. :header:

New to Chiang Mai and need a new football team to support. Sounds like the Tigers are having a tough season, maybe I can become a lucky omen! Don't know my way around Chiang Mai yet, but if I get to The Red Lion by 4pm on Saturday will I be able to get a lift to the game?

Edited by matmat17