Top Of The Gulf Regatta 2010

mcyachty

We have just concluded the 2010 Top of the Gulf Regatta. It was a huge success, and on a big part of that is the help of the volunteers.

I posted a topic here asking if anyone wanted to help out. It is not easy, and 4 days straight out on the water is a tough ask, especially if you work, or run a business.

I received help from a few here, and I am writing here to thank them very much. We had an Aussie Chick help us with her friend, and thank you. Also Raro, thanks for your help.

If you are reading this from Phuket or Samui, don't be shy, and volunteer to help with the regattas there. It is a lot of fun, and you are definately appreciated.

Thanks.

mcyachty - thank you!!! We had a great time and before this weekend would not have known a IRC1 from a multi-hull :) We were well looked after and I am sure we will do it again. Great bunch of people and what a good way to make new friends!

Anyone who likes being out in the sun and on the water - volunteer your services - you will be surprised.

that was great fun indeed! What I was not aware upon signing up is, that you have a prime seat to watch the action..here are some pictures I took over the last couple of days.

post-6036-1273030772_thumb.jpg

post-6036-1273030808_thumb.jpg

post-6036-1273030856_thumb.jpg

post-6036-1273030895_thumb.jpg

post-6036-1273030926_thumb.jpg

post-6036-1273031330_thumb.jpg

The catering wasn't all that bad either....

post-6036-1273030983_thumb.jpg

and last not least thanks to modern technology you can still moderate 2.5 miles offshore... :)

post-6036-1273031004_thumb.jpg