Cigarettes

mr.buffalo

I am going back to the UK for a couple of months this Wednesday and will be staying with friends, both smokers, so would like to buy them a carton each and was wondering where in Pattaya ( not being a smoker myself ) is the best selection/price would be. I know duty free is probaly the best option but I like to travel with no hand luggage i.e passport and ticket in my pocket.

Thanks.

Well when i go back to europe i usually buy mine at best supermarket in central pattaya, they are maybe 40 baht cheaper when buying 200 and they have a good choice, last time i went back i i bought 3000 cigs wraped them in newspaper put them in my bag and had no problems getting through

Well when i go back to europe i usually buy mine at best supermarket in central pattaya, they are maybe 40 baht cheaper when buying 200 and they have a good choice, last time i went back i i bought 3000 cigs wraped them in newspaper put them in my bag and had no problems getting through

consider yourself lucky. The legal limit is 200 ciggies at a time per person. 3,000 would be serious trouble if busted.

Im not a fulltime smoker myself but i did the same as you are intending.

Gave some to two mates at home and after trying one both of them said the same.."thanks but i cant smoke these they are VERY rough"

I've heard there are very few regulations on the growing methods of tobacco here. Heaps more really bad crap sprayed on it and pretty much anything goes to get it to grow faster.

IMO people that are used to the more mild stuff we have in the west wont like em..and probably give you a helluva nasty headache toboot :)

IMO people that are used to the more mild stuff we have in the west wont like em..and probably give you a helluva nasty headache toboot :D

....such as Gitanes Mais, Camel without filter and Roth Haendle... :)

My guess is that if you buy them some brand cigarettes in Thailand that it will be the last time they invited you to stay at their house,unlees they are the kind of smokers who don't taste the difference between dried grass and Marlboro.

The tobacco's used in for example Philip morris cigarettes here are different from the ones used in Europe and taste really different,and that is if you get the real stuff.

I have many friends who come on holiday and bring their faggy's from Europe at a price of up to 5 times the price here only because they can't bear the locally available stuff.

My suggestion:

First, ask your pals what brands they normally smoke. Then, just go over to any Pattaya department store, check if they're available (many are), buy 'em and pack 'em... easy & much cheaper than home! It'll be interesting to see your friends' reactions to the difference in taste between the Thai cigs and their normal smokes. The same brand will not taste exactly the same. I wouldn't worry too much about it.. good luck!!

post-72929-1273372721_thumb.jpg

Does anybody knows whether one can buy Gauloises blondes in Pattaya?

gauloises_blondes_cigarettes.jpg

Missing those!

I always get people coming back from Europe to pick me up some ;-)

Yeah seems to be the only solution, never seen them here except one time in the duty free at the airport.