Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How very sad about the 10 year old boy. My condolences to his family, friends and his classmates. Pictures like that bring home how horrible and unjust life can be.

I did not know he passed away. A lot of conversation on here has been about the child without even knowing his name. My condolences also to his family a boy so young and not even reaching his greatest part of life. I think think out of respect this topic should be closed and I feel even the yellow shirt farangs would agree.

RIP YOUNG MAN....

Understand the thought, however...I think it would compound the tragedy if the topic were closed. Keep it alive out of respect for a young life. Passed away or injured. I pray the latter. Allow this terrible occurance(horrible understatement) to have some value through momentum. Maybe I'm wrong.

The caption says that these soldiers were killed because they refused to participate in the April 28th clash at the Anusorn Sathorn in Pathum Thani. It claims they were killed and their bodies thrown into the sea from helicopters. So right off the bat we know that they were not killed ‘about 2 hours ago.’

<br />Any idea which weapon the this is?

just your standard m16, although with scope added

That's what I thought.

Would they be using M16's for sniping?

Yes, good enough for 300-400m

Had the chance to use it in an international military shooting competition many years ago. Participants were exchanging their natioanl weapons during training sessions.

It is getting ridiculous the excusses that the Farang yellow shirts are comming up with to justify the shooting of a 10 yr old child as we have seen thoughout these last 86 pages.

1. He was armed and threatend soldiers.

2. He was in a van speeding towards a check point packed with explosives.

3. He was in a van packed full of weapons.

4. he was in a van full of Red propaganda

5. He was outside the van and armed threatening soldiers

6. it was a school night and he refused to go to bed.

are u real

Yes these are exact comments made by farang yellow shirts today. I missed one "he was warned by the Army to go home numerous times and he refused". Go back and read these ridiculous comments.

He was warned and he ignored the warnings.

What can be plainer than that?

If a farang is guilty of as driving accident just because,

if he hadn't come to Thailand no accident would have happened,

then this child put himself via freewill where he was shot...

Bottom line, whine all you want, it was an accident,

and the young fellow should never have been there.

Doesn't make it less sad, but no red take over and red violence

and no need to remove them. So I can trace this child's death,

in partial responsability, to Thaksin and his revenge game plan.

Thaksin's peaceful protestors are anything but now....

I'm not farang,

I'm not Thai

children in my village say I'am lungmi.

lungmi has free speak in Thailand. I have farang instruction and Buddhist instruction.

I am happy for this. Free mind, open heart and open mouth.

My free mind, 20 years in Thailand, most time in a Buddhist wat, the Buddha-Teaching about "what is what", and my farang background in a former life give me the right to say "animatic" is right. May be tomorrow I disagree with him. But we have a free mind to speak about.

I answered partially in my other post but let me make one more time things more clear. And PLEASE try to read my posts not as a supporter of reds or yellows but as a "third person".

You may read my posts as a red supporter who believes they are being led as lambs to slaughter by a violent megalomaniacal madman.

The fundamental purpose of a government is the maintenance of basic security and public order. Agree. When a government faces such a big political crisis that has seriously threaten public order it has one option. To restore order with all possible legal means and to put people that are breaking the law in jail. Agree. In fact this is the first government to even attempt that. If the government can not do this it means more or less that is is not capable to manage a country I disagree. The PM inherited a government with wholly incompetent, corrupt and disloyal parties. This crisis is flushing them out and he is making adjustments as necessary in about as stressful an environment as can be imagined. It may not appear like it but he has made progress. and it should seek re-assurance from the public. And that was IMHO the reason behind the PM's proposal for election on November. The people have trusted you to do a job if you can not do the job you have to ask again your people if they trust you or if they want to try something else. It sounds very simplistic but it is the essence of democratic governance. I think your first sentence is the essence of democratic government. Without it, elections don't mean very much.

Another point I'd like to make. Earlier tonight there were rumors circulating that the Deputy PM had been shot in the head by the Army. No corroboration so it probably didn't happen, but there isn't anyone reading this that doesn't believe that it is possible something like that could happen right now. That is not a climate for elections. Especially elections not due.

PS: I have to go to sleep now so I am sorry but I'll not be able to post more tonight. I promise that I'll come back :) Good night to everybody. Good Night.

Of course I can not convince you because you are so poisoned with the fight between specific persons (Abhisit, Thaksin etc.) that you can not see that everyone is doing mistakes in this story. As you can see in my posts I believe that the right is somewhere in the middle (which is the usual situation in political crisis) but you obviously have your agenda with Abhisit, Thaksin or whoever else.

It's not "my" agenda, far from it. I am merely an observer. A more keen observer than yourself perhaps. Hey, good day for an election?

28492119474711418394114.jpg

its actually from the BBC website, you expert computer graphics guy....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8684506.stm

Where did they bought the programme?? Pathunam Centre??

is that a veiled accusation that the BBC doctored this picture?

do you even know what the BBC is?

I was watching BBC last night and they gave the impression that the reds had been protesting peacefully for 2 weeks in a small area of Bangkok. I have always liked the BBC but I can see that they are totally biased now.

This dispersal will not be successful. They are still getting food and water in. Protesters will continue to surround the Army as it surrounds the protesters. The city will now be completely paralyzed.

What happens next? I have no idea. I guess the Army will give up some time next week and negotiations will start again for 2 more months.

Any idea which weapon the this is?

Which program you made this on, Would like to download it too, bought it in panthip?? 80bath?? not too much!!

Guys the military have said their snipers are armed with sighted M16s which looks right. They have also stated that one of their snipers blew away a red sniper, so I doubt this is contentious

The caption says that these soldiers were killed because they refused to participate in the April 28th clash at the Anusorn Sathorn in Pathum Thani. It claims they were killed and their bodies thrown into the sea from helicopters. So right off the bat we know that they were not killed 'about 2 hours ago.'

Thanks boggle, my previous reading was incorrect.

I'd add to boggles translation above that it also says they had only 2 days of concripted service left, and their families don't know what has happened because the government has covered it up.

The only question now, of course, is whether it is genuine. One can only wonder at why such a staged photo (I mean they've obviously been arranged in such a way as to be photograhed was taken by the "killers", presumably before being taken to the helicopter.

THE NATION: Four foreigners among injured are one Canadian, one polish, one Burmese, and one Liberian.

This years Darwin Awards go to...

Anyone else see the Brit with a red head band shouting rubbish about "Land of Smiles" from amongst the red shirts on BBC today? :)

Which program you made this on, Would like to download it too, bought it in panthip?? 80bath?? not too much!!

Guys the military have said their snipers are armed with sighted M16s which looks right. They have also stated that one of their snipers blew away a red sniper, so I doubt this is contentious

Snipers hunting snipers and other dangerous armed reds attacking troops on the ground.

What's the big deal? For once, it actually shows the Thai army operating in a professional manner to protect their own.

:)

THE NATION: Four foreigners among injured are one Canadian, one polish, one Burmese, and one Liberian.

This years Darwin Awards go to...

Anyone else see the Brit with a red head band shouting rubbish about "Land of Smiles" from amongst the red shirts on BBC today? :)

I missed that and have been trying to find it. I read that this same Brit is a red guard as well? Another Darwin candidate.

Where did they bought the programme?? Pathunam Centre??

is that a veiled accusation that the BBC doctored this picture?

do you even know what the BBC is?

British Bullshit Club

or you forgot the propaganda after Bloody Sunday in Derry????

were you working for them too??

The caption says that these soldiers were killed because they refused to participate in the April 28th clash at the Anusorn Sathorn in Pathum Thani. It claims they were killed and their bodies thrown into the sea from helicopters. So right off the bat we know that they were not killed 'about 2 hours ago.'

Thanks boggle, my previous reading was incorrect.

I'd add to boggles translation above that it also says they had only 2 days of concripted service left, and their families don't know what has happened because the government has covered it up.

The only question now, of course, is whether it is genuine. One can only wonder at why such a staged photo (I mean they've obviously been arranged in such a way as to be photograhed was taken by the "killers", presumably before being taken to the helicopter.

It could be a very old picture and just a set up to confuse people .

Just saw a clip on BBC World News, reference Live Firing Zone declared in BKK.

There was a sign planted on the road in Tinglish, I'm sure it read ........"Life Firing Zone"

:)

Ha Ha very funny ok translation not 100%.

So what and your point is????????

But the Prime Minister Khun Mark said ...indeed... promised the world leaders at their last conference that NO lethal weapons would ever be used against his own countrys people/ protestors and as said he is /was an honourable man so picture MUST be a fake.............. :)

Cant LIE to the worlds Leaders can he?

The caption says that these soldiers were killed because they refused to participate in the April 28th clash at the Anusorn Sathorn in Pathum Thani. It claims they were killed and their bodies thrown into the sea from helicopters. So right off the bat we know that they were not killed ‘about 2 hours ago.’

C'mon Boggle, you should indicate that those aren't your words. How do I know? I posted that comment on the site and those were my exact words. Since I did it under 'Anonymous' I can't prove it, but you should 'fess up.