More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

Can someone tell me how much the 55 pages of discussion here have contributed to an actual solution?

Was that goal of anyone here?

I see people fighting back and forth for hours and hours. Everyone has an opinion, everyone has a point, nobody is achieving anything, except maybe get a heart attack.

Yeah and if you stick around kitty you'll end up with worms and hairballs

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unarmed protesters! HELLO

Of the 500 Israeli-made Tavor Tar-21 assault rifles seized by the protesters, only 200 were returned to the Army. Some M16s, had returned. The protesters also have M67 grenades, M79 grenade launchers and rocket-propelled grenade launchers. They also seized many assault rifles from the military during the clashes with security forces on April 10 at Khok Wua intersection, the sources said.

post-105662-1274031994_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274032335_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274032377_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274032502_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274032623_thumb.jpg

Laugh. Peaceful protest. Yeah right. I hope those photos bring some of the red apologists here to their senses, but I doubt it.

They decided to ram a stick inside a beehive and now the bees are swarming out. It didn't need an Einstein to tell them that if they crack down on Rajprasong, the red shirts won't just go home but they will go all over the city, which is what we're seeing now. A 5 year old knows not to ram a stick inside a beehive.

The army may win the battle of Bangkok, but they have lost the war for the country. That, my friends, is the truth. .

if you are in a group you can claim its a protest and if you scatter and on your own you are consider thugs, criminal with weapon, there for shoot to kill. That, my friends, is the truth.

actually don't need the military or police to clean thing up, local resident will do the job for them, when you scatter easy target

Edited by chowder

What do you guys think would be the next appropriate step Govt could take if this violence carries on for furhter 2-3 days ?

Guys with "kill them all" approach pls don't reply...

Apparently the next appropriate step they took was to designate all journalists "terrorist targets".

Anyone get a whiff of Troll just then? :)

Can someone tell me how much the 55 pages of discussion here have contributed to an actual solution?

errrr

25 pages of bickering insults,

12 pages of historical blame hurling and insults,

12 pages of repeated historical blame hurling and insults,

1 page of mentioning what can't be mentioned

and about 6 pages of relevant unbiased discussion......which is probably too little to reach a conclusion.... :)

Edited by 473geo

They decided to ram a stick inside a beehive and now the bees are swarming out. It didn't need an Einstein to tell them that if they crack down on Rajprasong, the red shirts won't just go home but they will go all over the city, which is what we're seeing now. A 5 year old knows not to ram a stick inside a beehive.

The army may win the battle of Bangkok, but they have lost the war for the country. That, my friends, is the truth.

Concerning the Army, I disagree Army has showed some restraints since the beginning. It is the Government which is pushing and particularly Suthep. Still today, Army is doing a minimum (Unfortunately it is too much for the lives which are lost).

The freely development of militias is one of the main factor of violence with the absence of proper anti riot police forces. Army is not in its role, because it must be symbol of Unity. It is a total disgrace for Thailand that some conscrits from Northern Thailand are engaged in this conflict, from time to time with relatives amidst the protesters.

I give credit to Anupong for a very restraint behavior which has saved certainly a lot of lifes until now.

I agree with you that the situation is really very close to a Civil war and it is urgent to find a solution through negotiations.

Could be jumping to conclusions. Army declared they were not going to infiltrate, only close off. The rest is only a guess?

Didnt do much of a job of closing off.

Not just a guess actually. Earlier in the thread I suggested that the army should disarm before entering the encampment and, as I thought it was a good idea, I rang someone close to the Government. He said 'the military will never accept it, Abhisit does not control the military and they are pursuing their own agenda.' He also said you can see 'the military are shooting Thais while achieving nothing and that is not good either in the eyes of Thais or internationally.' He also said the 'police and military are corrupt to their very core.'

So yes there is quite a lot of guessing in there. But I know Abhisit is committed to reducing the influence of the army in Thai politics. Also remember there is the army reshuffle coming up and he wanted to replace the coup's constitution. There are some 3500 people at the encampment do you think the Thai army cant contain them when they can execute a coup in three hours.

So yes quite a lot of guesswork but it all seems to add up to me.

So it isnt hard to believe they are manipulating this protest - in fact it must be harder to believe they apparently cant contain it. Cutting the military budget and revising the constitution as well as having a say in the army reshuffle, I dont think would go down well. Thaksin got kicked out for mucking about with the reshuffle.

Sure the only conclusion I can reach is that the army are manipulating this war as a power play. I can see quite a few other benefits of a financial nature too.

errrr

25 pages of bickering insults,

12 pages of historical blame hurling and insults,

12 pages of repeated historical blame hurling and insults,

1 page of mentioning what can't be mentioned

and about 6 pages of relevant unbiased discussion......which is probably too little to reach a conclusion.... :)

Aha you mentioned it !

Dont just stay on here like you guys. one thing to come is that CNN just reply to my feedback (press feedback on news page) asking if anymore of their reports blocked.

Now CNN sure even more that Dems are elites puppets. Too old and dumb to realise cannot just blunder on killing maiming and oppressing. it is there for all to see in big red letters from CRES.

Nice one CRES

Thanks for ThaiVisa for posting a link to these photos, taken today.

One of the terrorists praying:

4612490782_65f35f979a.jpg

Fake monks:

4611877301_2cccb36c91.jpg

More terrorists, all of them heavily armed:

4611874403_86af036066.jpg

A young terrorist being taught something, probably how to make bombs:

4612485914_fc16185973.jpg

Chickens that were slaughtered to support the terrorists hunger:

4612473448_da43db36f8.jpg

More old terrorists, plotting the next attack:

4612478532_1255b7f78a.jpg

Of the 500 Israeli-made Tavor Tar-21 assault rifles seized by the protesters, only 200 were returned to the Army. Some M16s, had returned. The protesters also have M67 grenades, M79 grenade launchers and rocket-propelled grenade launchers. They also seized many assault rifles from the military during the clashes with security forces on April 10 at Khok Wua intersection, the sources said.

Laugh. Peaceful protest. Yeah right. I hope those photos bring some of the red apologists here to their senses, but I doubt it.

Try to be less partisan. There has been some "collateral incidents" and the intervention of third parties' militias, but grossly the protesters have been peaceful until now.

Army has shown some restraints also but is now shooting live ammo.

Tomorrow, the situation may evolve in more violent confrontations if the stolen weaponry is used, which has not been the case until now (except maybe by militias).

Edited by Jerrytheyoung

How do you guys explain this?
AFP Report: Journalists a 'terrorist' target for Thai army. "The press is a target, as well as people at the protest site," Said Sunsern

The government spokesman Sunsern has now officially designated the press as "terrorist targets".

Someone has seriously lost their marbles.

And don't say I made this up, because it was just posted by ThaiVisa news.

This would be one of the Disinformation posts with AFP tags added.

Disregard it.

I guess that is the problem with punctuation incorrectly applied.Changes the meaning of the written word so fast.Try opening your mind and actually seeing past the mistakes to the reality.Apply some common sense.Like the Govt needs the media off side.What a joke.It will be the side that gets the fairest coverage that wont be the one facing war crimes trials.

Light and Love to all

Where have you been the last 2 month, Kitty? And what kind of other pictures have you watched this day only? Get real!! The picture you is showing is really sad to see. What kind of information do you think this people get from the red stage?

I agree with you that the situation is really very close to a Civil war and it is urgent to find a solution through negotiations.

Jerry,

You seem like a nice guy, but the problem here is that the only person who has the power to negotiate for the red shirts is Thaksin. And negotiations with him have been going on for 4 years. There is nothing left to say.

Thaksin has chosen civil war over compromise. Long ago, he could have simply said he was sorry, served a short sentence, received a pardon along with some concessions, and we'd all be living in a world filled with butterflies and rainbows.

But that is a fantasy, and doesn't help today. I applaud your tenacity at sticking to this idea of peaceful negotiations, but after 4 years, I think you are an idealistic dreamer, at least while Thaksin still lives. It is now time to accept reality and see this is a war for control of the country. Only 1 side can win, and that winner will be decided at the end of a gun as it has throughout all of history. This isn't a special case. Most countries go through this several times during their existence.

Keep your heads down and let's just hope we all get out of this in one piece. I hope for a quick, decisive route of the insurgent forces. The time for talking is long since passed. The reds want violence. Until I see a change in this attitude, by actions rather than words (i.e. defecting and going home), there is no other way forward, so let's just get it over with. I truly wish the situation was different.

I want my kids to grow up in a peaceful society too.

Try to be less partisan. There has been some "collateral incidents" and the intervention of third parties' militias, but grossly the protesters have been peaceful until now.

Army has shown some restraints also but is now shooting live ammo.

Tomorrow, the situation may evolve in more violent confrontations if the stolen weaponry is used, which has not been the case until now (except maybe by militias).

I doubt they stole those weapons to show their friends and families back home. On a positive note, most of them probably don't know how to use them. I hardly call people shooting rockets, starting fires, etc. etc. peaceful.

Jerry,

You seem like a nice guy, but the problem here is that the only person who has the power to negotiate for the red shirts is Thaksin. And negotiations with him have been going on for 4 years. There is nothing left to say.

Thaksin has chosen civil war over compromise. Long ago, he could have simply said he was sorry, served a short sentence, received a pardon along with some concessions, and we'd all be living in a world filled with butterflies and rainbows.

But that is a fantasy, and doesn't help today. I applaud your tenacity at sticking to this idea of peaceful negotiations, but after 4 years, I think you are an idealistic dreamer, at least while Thaksin still lives. It is now time to accept reality and see this is a war for control of the country. Only 1 side can win, and that winner will be decided at the end of a gun as it has throughout all of history. This isn't a special case. Most countries go through this several times during their existence.

Keep your heads down and let's just hope we all get out of this in one piece. I hope for a quick, decisive route of the insurgent forces. The time for talking is long since passed. The reds want violence. Until I see a change in this attitude, by actions rather than words (i.e. defecting and going home), there is no other way forward, so let's just get it over with. I truly wish the situation was different.

Well said.

Fake monks:

Excellent post!

video: red shirt protester shot in foot as he tries to set truck on fire. This goes in the face of reports that snipers firing only to kill.

Great shot and then he was allowed to hobble away. post-105662-1273998728.gif

great shot ,, thats the way to do it ,

i'd of aimed for the balls though

interesting, this photo has been removed, if google translate is accurate,

"Access to this information. Suspended temporarily

By virtue.

Emergency Decree on Public Administration.

In emergency situations, BE 2548.

The command center of the emergency situation."

does anyone have a copy?

and why is my post blocked for including a URL that is part of a quote from someone else's post?!?!

Jerry,

Well said.

I disagree the Red Shirts are not an homogeneous group and Thaksin has not an influence on all: there must be some negotiation possibilities. We are in the last window for finding a peaceful solution. Do not expect the red Shirts going back home empty hands: you dream....

When both sides will use all their weaponry, then we will be going straight in the Civil war. . probably Police then soldiers will be defecting, fed up to shoot on their relatives and it will be the definitive turning point to war. Do not expect any help from neighbouring countries ... there is a long history between Thailand and them, ....

Fake monks:

Excellent post!

Sure nothing going on in Bangkok today.

No burning tyres, no guns, no petrol bombs, no violence.

The reds are just a bunch of old grannies on their Sunday stroll.

Pathetic.

2 very irresponsible parents who need to have their child taken from them by protective services and sent to live in a foster home. The parents need to be incarcerated for child endangerment.

These kind of people truly make me nauseous. If you don't even love your children with all your heart, how can you possibly love your fellow man?

There is nothing heart warming about this picture. It is infuriating and disgusting.

I appreciate that some of you guys are new but besides the usual trolling stuff, you do realise that you cannot make references to certain people on this forum?

I suggest you hurry back and edit out those references if you feel like remaining a member.

I'm hoping there is some "firewall" against some of the inane comments here. but if there was how is it that viking75 blows hot air offensively and seems to do it at will? let me know cus' I'm fairly new to this and I'm with you.

Click on the offending person and go to their profile and you will see a drop down menu called options...hit that and then hit the top one which says 'Ignore User' then when the next screen comes up add to your ignored user list...works a treat on Trolls :)

None of course. What a silly question. The solution now is in the hands of the brave Thai soldiers fighting the red shirt insurgency.

I sincerely hope that there are some civilized human beings who value human life on here that are praying that someone will find the will and a way to end this insanity.

Eftersom Kitty tydligen inte vet vad som händer utanför det röda fortet, så bifogar jag några bilder:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8684506.stm

English only in the forums please, or post a translation.

Sorry. It's a rule.

Sorry! I was writing something in a swedish forum and forget :)

I said that if Kitty don´t know what happens today outside the red fort today, I enclose some pictures

Could be jumping to conclusions. Army declared they were not going to infiltrate, only close off. The rest is only a guess?

Didnt do much of a job of closing off.

Not just a guess actually. Earlier in the thread I suggested that the army should disarm before entering the encampment and, as I thought it was a good idea, I rang someone close to the Government. He said 'the military will never accept it, Abhisit does not control the military and they are pursuing their own agenda.' He also said you can see 'the military are shooting Thais while achieving nothing and that is not good either in the eyes of Thais or internationally.' He also said the 'police and military are corrupt to their very core.'

So yes there is quite a lot of guessing in there. But I know Abhisit is committed to reducing the influence of the army in Thai politics. Also remember there is the army reshuffle coming up and he wanted to replace the coup's constitution. There are some 3500 people at the encampment do you think the Thai army cant contain them when they can execute a coup in three hours.

So yes quite a lot of guesswork but it all seems to add up to me.

So it isnt hard to believe they are manipulating this protest - in fact it must be harder to believe they apparently cant contain it. Cutting the military budget and revising the constitution as well as having a say in the army reshuffle, I dont think would go down well. Thaksin got kicked out for mucking about with the reshuffle.

If you really believe Abhisit is interested in getting the Army out of politics, then please tell me why he has not used the police in this protest and let the Army do its job of protecting the country from outside dangers like from Burma or Cambodia.

None of course. What a silly question. The solution now is in the hands of the brave Thai soldiers fighting the red shirt insurgency.

Wow these reporters. Why don't they just put on a red shirt and pick up a gun. They don't mention that Abhisit gave them what they wanted. Elections a year early, yet these dunces continue to ruin peoples lives. They only thing they understand is bullets and Thaksin's propaganda.