Seh Daeng Dead

george

I live north of Korat and last week my gf of 6 years decided to go back to bkk for the demonstration , i couldn't stop her and i know all this will pass but at the moment there are about 70 people in this village getting on a bus for the trip to Bkk , red shirts naturally .

what more can i say . cheers

see how well your hard earned money is being spent now!

call her back home and pay her more than they are paying her... they are going to collect the money I am sure

i was told everyone is being paid at least 500 THB per day to be there... and some much much more of coarse

getting paid to be a mercenary, protestor or what have you .....its all the same....they care more about their wallets than their own country.... its all so very sick

Edited by verygoodgirl

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching some of the things he said in the week before he was silenced, I think it is fair to say he was the tipping influence that led the Reds to their ill-fated decision to turn down the deal for an early election. This happened after he personally stopped the opening of a free passage to Chula hospital. His (and likely his boss') selfishness caused the simple protesters to lose the one thing they thought they had come to win. His legacy should be that he snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, as well as causing many more unnecessary deaths and destruction to the country that we are witnessing today.

Whatever peoples opinions of this guy it's another loss of a human being which I fear will be the catalyst for further loss of life.

My personal opinion is that he was taken out in revenge for the deaths of other soldiers and whilst I clearly have no proof, it remains my opinion.

There is no place for "summary justice" in a civilised society.

I agree with your opinion that it was a revenge killing but Thailand is not a civilized society.

I also agree that the violence and deaths will escalate as a direct result of this. I really wouldn't

like to be one of the people suspected of having something to do with his death, expect some

payback. Remember, there is a whole regiment of unemployed ex soldiers that he trained.

I live north of Korat and last week my gf of 6 years decided to go back to bkk for the demonstration , i couldn't stop her and i know all this will pass but at the moment there are about 70 people in this village getting on a bus for the trip to Bkk , red shirts naturally .

what more can i say . cheers

see how well your hard earned money is being spent now!

call her back home and pay her more than they are paying her... they are going to collect the money I am sure

i was told everyone is being paid at least 500 THB per day to be there... and some much much more of coarse

getting paid to be a mercenary, protestor or what have you .....its all the same....they care more about their wallets than their own country.... its all so very sick

if she has been with him 6 years, I would imagine he gives a bit more than 500 baht a day. Farang kee nok and all that.

Do you really believe that all the people there are there because they get 500 baht? By that logic if they offered 50,000 or 500,000 a day would you go?

In which case why doesn't the government put huge piles of cash on the road on all the main roads and tell the reds all they have to do is walk out? Your idea that ALL of these people are motivated by a few hundred baht is nonsensical.

Edited by Thai at Heart

comment retracted by myself

I hope this will not be a repeat of 1972. I mean, a public excution of a military officer to be seen around the world. This is not China or Vietnam. The outside media is showing people being killed left and right. The world has not way to destingush if they are either part of the protesters or innocent bystanders who just happened to get caught in the crossfire.

Well, according to his own words : Who dares to come and get me....

Someone did.

Let`s make no mistake, this man was killed, murdered by someone.

I am not give you my personal guess on as to the why and by whom, no place for that discussion here imho.

But what ever we may think or guess, it was murder, and I can only hope his death will not lead to more killing on whatever side.

agree with this point ! lost of life, is lost of life. IMHO too, it is a dangerous zone here as some people would jump into the own opinions and gussing the cause and the responsibility. there will be no fact, no support and no truth and no answer neither.

that may lead to another cyber war on the ThaiVisa forum. hope the moderator takes good care of this sensitivity.

Actually we don't know he was murdered, what an assumption. Everybody out there that has been shot or killed was not murdered. He may as suggested by one earlier, been trying to set up a great PR move by having the reporter that was interviewing him get shot, just to make it look a lot worse for the Thai government. Should that be the case, then som num na for trying to murder someone else in the name of a cause. In my opinion he died, so what? Will people grieve? absolutely. Was he thinking of his safety so as to be around for the people that loved him? hel_l no! His ego killed him, and he's not the first to have their ego destroy themselves or even an empire, :)

He will most certainly be treated as a martyr by the Reds, which in fact he is. Whatever his motivation, whether as a paid Thaksin proxy or a true believer in "democracy," he died for the cause. Indeed showed a lot of courage -- or possibly grandiose arrogance -- but did in fact stand up to the hugely entrenched power structure.

As well, a most colorful character. I will miss him.

RIP

Sometimes i ask myself if you are looking to the news, since he has been shot, situation is getting worse. Stages are up everywhere in the city. I am leaving near klongtoey and as i saw, Things are not getting better. By killing "Seh Deang" thay have made him a Martyr.

RIP to all red shirts fighting for their rights..

If this were the USA and a soldier of any rank fought against the government it would be called treason. Regardless of politics, most soldiers take an oath to obey the orders of those civilians appointed over them. Soldiers that go against a sitting government are called traitors.

History will decide if the general is to be refered to as a traitor or a patriot. Usually it is the winners who write the history books. But as they say in Thailand, "we don't know the future."

Whatever peoples opinions of this guy it's another loss of a human being which I fear will be the catalyst for further loss of life.

My personal opinion is that he was taken out in revenge for the deaths of other soldiers and whilst I clearly have no proof, it remains my opinion.

But wan't he taking orders from his "boss"? Many yrs ago I heard: Live by the sword die by the sword. I wonder how many tears his "boss" will shed over these deaths?

Thousands of Children die everyday from malaria, starvation etc etc and we have people saying with a crocodile tear in their eyes, "this was a human life, one too many, it doesn't matter what he has done etc etc.

Yes, it's cringe-worthy stuff, as if getting the RIP's in is some sort of rule of membership.

Please be mindful that there is nothing to be gained by saying negative stuff towards a dead man. You are better to say nothing at all than something spiteful.

Condolences to his family. Condolences to all those who have died so unnecessarily & for reasons that could of been sorted out by other means.

Sad times for Thailand.

a voice of reason...well said

None of the keyboard warriors (including me) had the courage to diss Seh Daeng on his face when he's alive... and now everybody is coming out of their cocoons to say things... Stop dissing a dead... howsoever bad he was for anybody...

I agree with your opinion that it was a revenge killing but Thailand is not a civilized society.

I also agree that the violence and deaths will escalate as a direct result of this. I really wouldn't

like to be one of the people suspected of having something to do with his death, expect some

payback. Remember, there is a whole regiment of unemployed ex soldiers that he trained.

Thailand most definitely has a "civilization" it has a variation on 'the social contract'

that is particular to here. That is, it's more a decendant of ancient Kow Tow culture

and Asian in derivation is obvious, and that it shows a completely different balance

of priorities and expectations, than some others more known to you.

Thailand is a civilized country, but it is hardly at all a WESTERN CIVILIZATION;

Apples and pomegranites. Though the confluence of international media and connectivity

is making this comparison more stark and contrasted for many.

This is not the civilazation of your childhood.

I'm sure that discussions on ThaiVisa forum would greatly benefit from a 'grace' period for new members, let's say 7 days before you can post or comment after registering.

Many 'old-timers' like myself simply cannot be bothered to take part in these kindergarden discussions anymore.

I have to say that another forum is providing me with better information and more informed discussions about current events than the squabbles that ThaiVisa forum has become.

Simon

If he hadn't opposed the roadmap and fresh elections SD might still be alive, he has only himself to blame. He has led the reds to a dangerous place and is responsible for many more deaths. One of Thailands greatest villians.

Salute to a brave soldier. May his family recover and find peace. :)

The real salute to a truly brave soldier belongs for this non-Sae Daeng death just occuring:

Thailand Death Toll Rises As Soldier Killed

20 minutes ago

Sky News Online

A soldier has been killed in fighting between Thai troops and anti-government protesters which has already claimed the lives of 35 people in Bangkok.

and I can only hope his death will not lead to more killing on whatever side.

It's already happened. Why do you think the current violence occured if not because his royal gangsters want to retaliate the government? Then armed militia fan fuel to the extent to close to the civil war now. His death will certainly save many other innocent lives.

It is really amazing to me how much the foreigner community which is educated enough to own and use a computer, and to read and post to a forum, are so superficial and gullible to accept stories like red shirts being here because they are paid, or even the entire Thaksin corruption controversy.

The red shirts are standing up for the rural poor. Poor means they don't have money to come to Bangkok to protest. A Chiang Mai MP, owner of a PTT station, opened up his station to provide free fuel so the people could get to Bangkok. People are not there to be paid. They are being taken care of with food and water. Did anyone pay any attention to the interview with the older women who were offered to be evacuated for their safety? They said they came to fight for democracy, and they would fight. How dare anyone disparage the courage and commitment of people like this? To judge from posts to this forum, it appears that foreigners here in Thailand are only here to leech off the elitist system that these people are suffering under. The whining drivel that passes for posts on this forum is unworthy of the sacrifices of the French and American revolutions.

As for Seh Daeng, I have read the concerns that he may have been an instigator of violence to escalate the demonstrations. I have shared the same concerns. Seh Daeng himself said he was not involved with that. He has said he was only involved in coordinating security. I don't know whether or not to believe him. I do know that there have been a LOT of reports stating that the red shirt guards have performed admirably because they have not only provided security to protect the red shirts, but had also gone to extraordinary lengths to prevent angry red shirts from provoking the army or attacking counter-demonstrators.

Whatever the case may be, if suspected of wrong-doing, he deserved due legal process, not a sniper's bullet while talking to a reporter. How cowardly.

A few comments here have also disparaged his military career and called him a traitor. I think he exercised courage and integrity to stand up to a cowardly military that rules by coup. How many people in Thailand really stand up for freedom and are willing to fight for it? Give the man credit where credit is due.

A reminder to all those who seem unaware.

Given the highly inflammatory nature of some posts and posters in the News forum, we are currently instituting a zero tolerance policy with regards to posting inflammatory comments, comments advocating violence, trollish comments, and flames. You will receive an automatic posting rights suspension for this behavior in the News forum. Bear that in mind when posting.

Pinned in News Clippings