Seh Daeng Dead

george

foreigners here in Thailand are only here to leech off the elitist system that these people are suffering under.

Dont you know it's the way to make Thailand as expat heaven.

Cheap labor, low wage maid, buy-able wife etc.

These real reasons are covered by nice guy wanna be answering machine -> Thai food/smile/beatiful beach.

What a joke. They lie to themself.

Let's see how long they can hide their sneaky tail.

Of course every farang living here MUST pump money into the ecconomy just to stay,

and end up supporting many Thais in part with their largess...

As opposed to a leech which just sucks money out...

Of course this also ignores that leeches also have medical uses and can save lives.

But hey, why derail a fine rant...........................................

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rebellion must be crushed now before some other nut gets "cocky"...

Thats the problem... :)

unless some sort of peacefull agreement is reached even at this stage the "Rebellion" will not end... but is just beginning :D

+1

I am sad. Seh Daeng was murdered.

By whom????

My guess is red, great why to blame to goverment.

But maybe the G did it ....

SO WHAT nothing will change ....

5-10-20 years it will all happen again

Urgent: It is confirmed: Seh Daeng Passed away at 09:20am this morning (Monday 17th May). /via TAN MCOT INN

Guess makes all of us so sad. RIP General.

Nope

Thankfully for the sake of Thailand he is now out of the equation,RIP.

Many, many death sentences’ are signed today!

They will not get the same international media cover as this murder, only a short notice in a local Isaan newspaper: “Colonel “Soandso” was found dead this morning in his home. Shot in the head……”!

Sad for all. The hate spiral is picking up speed.

I live north of Korat and last week my gf of 6 years decided to go back to bkk for the demonstration , i couldn't stop her and i know all this will pass but at the moment there are about 70 people in this village getting on a bus for the trip to Bkk , red shirts naturally .

what more can i say . cheers

see how well your hard earned money is being spent now!

call her back home and pay her more than they are paying her... they are going to collect the money I am sure

i was told everyone is being paid at least 500 THB per day to be there... and some much much more of coarse

getting paid to be a mercenary, protestor or what have you .....its all the same....they care more about their wallets than their own country.... its all so very sick

if she has been with him 6 years, I would imagine he gives a bit more than 500 baht a day. Farang kee nok and all that.

Do you really believe that all the people there are there because they get 500 baht? By that logic if they offered 50,000 or 500,000 a day would you go?

In which case why doesn't the government put huge piles of cash on the road on all the main roads and tell the reds all they have to do is walk out? Your idea that ALL of these people are motivated by a few hundred baht is nonsensical.

All of the people NO! most of them IMHO: YES!

I find it interesting that this thread has regressed into a podium for the peaceniks and those who wish to take up sides via the keyboard. I also find it interesting that no one seems to be the slightest bit interested in getting to the truth of who did the deed, who gave the order, and why.

Edited by Spee

Re. his name.. "Seh Daeng" ---

My wife explained the "Seh" refers to having rank or position in the reds, not the "Se" for colour as maybe mis-spelt in the quote.

In fact, Seh refers to having high rank in military, and has nothing to do with the position in the reds.

My wife explained the "Seh" refers to having rank or position in the reds, not the "Se" for colour as maybe mis-spelt in the quote.

In fact, Seh refers to having high rank in military, and has nothing to do with the position in the reds.

(but daeng means red...)

(but daeng means red...)

YES, 'daeng' means red, but this was his nickname. Another word, he had his name 'daeng' since the day he was born from his parents. So, anyone can guess, it has nothing to do with his recent activity in the protest.

(but daeng means red...)

YES, 'daeng' means red, but this was his nickname. Another word, he had his name 'daeng' since the day he was born from his parents. So, anyone can guess, it has nothing to do with his recent activity in the protest.

Interesting historical coincidence. Since we're picking nits, I think his nickname *had* nothing to do with his activity. But I'd say most people today-- especially the Reds-- now associate his nickname to his being the commander of the red warriors. His uniform and stance suggests he encouraged the same.

But in any case the original post was a distinction between sii, meaning color, and seh, meaning high rank. Red was not in contention.

Editing to add the point that I think it's also interesting to ponder how much he himself believed in the destiny of his name. Was he really completely mercenary, or did he believe the hype as well? I can't decide.

Edited by sanooki

For the barbarian posters here who prefer the spilling of thai blood to amnesty, you may wish to note that even the Nation is using the "A" word:

"The red-shirt tactics appear to have been lifted straight from the textbook for urban guerrilla warfare compiled by leftists and ex-communists after the October 1976 bloodshed. Thailand foiled the plan to bring guerrilla warfare from rural areas to the capital by granting amnesty to activists who fled after the bloodshed."

If thailand could put an end to communisty violence in the months after vietnam, if bush/cheney could so briliantly convince the sunni tribes to switch sides and thereby bring on the legitimate government and democracy we now see in Iraq, then Abhisit can, and MUST, announce a general amnesty.

For all.

Except Montenegrin citizens. Of course. To allow Thaksin's return would be the blunder of blunders. He is far too smart and far too evil. But the risk of further delay is that the gov's bargaining position will become so weak that this might happen.

AMNESTY NOW.

Before the Reds win.

For the barbarian posters here who prefer the spilling of thai blood to amnesty, you may wish to note that even the Nation is using the "A" word:

"The red-shirt tactics appear to have been lifted straight from the textbook for urban guerrilla warfare compiled by leftists and ex-communists after the October 1976 bloodshed. Thailand foiled the plan to bring guerrilla warfare from rural areas to the capital by granting amnesty to activists who fled after the bloodshed."

If thailand could put an end to communisty violence in the months after vietnam, if bush/cheney could so briliantly convince the sunni tribes to switch sides and thereby bring on the legitimate government and democracy we now see in Iraq, then Abhisit can, and MUST, announce a general amnesty.

For all.

Except Montenegrin citizens. Of course. To allow Thaksin's return would be the blunder of blunders. He is far too smart and far too evil. But the risk of further delay is that the gov's bargaining position will become so weak that this might happen.

AMNESTY NOW.

Before the Reds win.

You wish.

Interesting that not so long ago you were posing as a disinterested observer.

I see you don't bother now.

Wearing your red cape.

For all.

AMNESTY NOW.

Before the Reds win.

You wish.

Interesting that not so long ago you were posing as a disinterested observer.

I see you don't bother now.

Wearing your red cape.

And also now posting the exact same message on multiple threads (see #262 here, for example)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Dead-Worseni...0&p=3612847

Chula Hospital say they are nuetral, and never allows army to use as a base to attack the RED. See 0:58 of this clip.

The Sae Daeng fatal shot could be from Chula Hospital, or the Bank building opposite.

Also, the guy that loot and burn down CTW is a Farang (ha ha ha, I am only joking).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3YqrqhMvco

Edited by Rucharee