Thousands Of Thai Protesters Defy Deadline To Leave

webfact

The Red Shirt leaders have long totally lost control and the Government would be well advised to stop any attempt to peacefully end this war.

They can not go in and slaughter the elderly, women and children and they all seem unwilling to leave. This whole thing is a big mess. The PM has good intentions, but he is in a no-win situation. :D

I think what they will do is go in and arrest people- thats within the red "legal" protest site. Lead them off to buses. I doubt they will go in shooting. The problem is what happens when red snipers open up in a area with soldiers, women and children :)

Red snipers ? wow they really need training , then

not a single soldier was shot

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would you call that boy looking over the tyres a human shield.I suggest you print something factual.My thioughts would have been,he is showing the boy to the soldiers to show that he is there.

NOW

If someone had said the boy should not be there i would have agreed but dont spout crap on here

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I get less and less surprised by farangs on here,with their blinkered views and make up stories.In fact i would suggest a lack of reality too.

Not as much lack of reality as the red apologists now reduced to defending the use of children on the barricades.

Very simple. The father should take him home rather than use him as a protection shield to wave at the army.

Or more to the point never have brought the child there in the first place,as any caring parent would have thought about.

Wow you are truely of your rocker

Get a grip, people are detroying your country

and you support it, you are as bad as the people

burning the tires, trying to blow up a gas tanker.

They havent killed anyone as far as i know

If you get shot at with live bullets what would you do ?

There is madness on both sides , i grant it to you

They haven't killed anyone yet, give me a break, like they have nothing to do with this situation. They are just poor innocent bystanders right?

Hog wash, their actions put others at risk, no escaping that. Do not behave completely reckless and then act surprised people get killed.

I sure as hel_l would not provoke the military

They were warned "stay in your red camp"

They strayed, they got shot, tough luck

Thats strange, last time we went to get a replace ID Card, we didnt have to go and see the local red shirt leaders.

You have to go to the police to report it stolen. The police are red shirts. Then you go to your local amphur and if you're from the north or northeast then you are visiting red shirt bureaucrats.

Wait.. I'm hearing that NOBODY upcountry supports the red shirts at this stage. Now I'm hearing that all the police and all the amphur guys are red shirts, AND would help with intimidating these people? Can you guys make up your mind which it is?

think this is one of those things that us forangs cannot say or do nothing about. we have no vote we have no voice. picking sides is only going to annoy the thai people. pretty sad though. i have to have some respect for those red's considering they are ready to die for there cause. as for political views....No comment

Its not about picking sides. But many of us live in the middle of whats going on. I cant go outside, i see smoke. I hear explotions. I see scared people everywhere. I have been listening to the "peacefull" demonstrations from my office for weeks.

The goverment let them have this demonstrations for a long time. They negotiated. They even made a roadmap leading to new elections. But the demonstrations are continuing..

:) Would it be accurate to say that no streets are safe in Bangkok now?

Friend said the food delivery boy would not come and deliver food, how many farangs must be trapped in their condos/

The US has already offered evacuation for NGOS like USAID etc...I wouldl be getting outta there as soon as is humanly possible and wish all a safe return to their respective countries...What help are Embassies if they are closed, who is being protected and by whom.....mobs are reportedly now burning and looting, makes Rawanda look tame to an extent...

On Channel 3 they just showed some life scenes from the streets of Bangkok, a gasoline truck on fire, young men setting fire to tires, pick-up trucks bringing in whole truckloads of tires, men throwing Molotow cocktails at soldiers ....

Are these still the "Red Shirts", the poor, underprivileged farmers from Isaan, the honest grassroot people coming to Bangkok to demonstrate for more Democracy and against double standars?

Hardly. There are professional thugs and hooligans of the worst kind who have no idea of the consequences of their senseless violence. They certainly won't listen to any voice of reason, any offer of talk or compromise. The only language they understand is force, power, handcuffs and a prison cell, for 10 years.

The Red Shirt leaders have long totally lost control and the Government would be well advised to stop any attempt to peacefully end this war.

Go get them and put them away, for as long as possible.

these are very poorest grass root and they have nothing to loss, not even a jail term has any big consequence to them.

worst, they don't understand what they are doing today, has immediate consequences to Bangkok, and has long term consequences to the country that no one knows :-(

No they are not! These people are NOT the poorest grass root who have nothing to loose. Just look at them. These are young urban men, not farmers, not poor people. They have a motorbike and a lot of fun playing with weapons.

I am totally against indiscriminate shooting, I am, however, very much in favor of arresting these thugs and put them in prison. OK, this will need a few more soldiers, but, where the h*** is the police?

Bring in UN? A stupid joke! The UN has no troops of its own. So would you think the friendly neighbors from Burma, Cambodia, Malaysia or China will be able to arrest these street vandals? Maybe the Burmese, they have some experience in "crowd control". Seriously, forget about the UN.

They haven't killed anyone yet, give me a break, like they have nothing to do with this situation. They are just poor innocent bystanders right?

Hog wash, their actions put others at risk, no escaping that. Do not behave completely reckless and then act surprised people get killed.

Tell me . Why are you so involved as a farang against the reds .

I was in Bangkok 3 weeks ago , everywhere perfectly normal

Did not go to the protest area , which is a very small spot in BKK

What do you care ?

I got a few ideas..

(1) Okay offer them 2000 baht a day to come over to the other side.. once they did arrest them.. handcuff them and parade then down the sukumvit for 2-3 days.. no shoes no food and no water.. oh, okay tap water.. The offer them a bus ride home if they promise to get a job and stop acting like morons.. you think that would work..

(2) okay how about this... give them $100 each a boat ride then a bus ride to the Mexican border... and then let them try to enter the US through the Texas border.. getting all the jobs that Mexicans will not do..

(3) Okay what about this put all on a boat to Africa and tell them of the bright future they will have there since the Thai will believe almost anything you tell me..

(4) Promise them all a new job at a Mattel toy factory making Barbie dolls that look like Lady boys...

(5) I still say put silly juice in the water... RIP Timothy Leary

Not to mention the fact that the Red shirt leaders have an ID card with no one to claim it.

Maybe it's time for water cannons on the left and the right, snipers strategically placed, and tear gas dropped from above, leaving only the ends of the street for exit where they should have adequate troops and vehicles to herd them off to jail where they could impose a stiff fine adequate to cover the damages and cleanup created over the past couple of months, and maybe some significant jail time in addition for the leaders, including an extension on Thaksin's yet unserved sentence.

You have to go to the police to report it stolen. The police are red shirts. Then you go to your local amphur and if you're from the north or northeast then you are visiting red shirt bureaucrats.

They can not go in and slaughter the elderly, women and children and they all seem unwilling to leave. This whole thing is a big mess. The PM has good intentions, but he is in a no-win situation. :D

I think what they will do is go in and arrest people- thats within the red "legal" protest site. Lead them off to buses. I doubt they will go in shooting. The problem is what happens when red snipers open up in a area with soldiers, women and children :)

Wouldn't it be wonderful if there were just Thai Army troops coming in to arrest Red protesters amidst Red snipers. In reality, there are about 4 factions of the active Thai military involved on all sides, about 6 groups of Reds, with vastly varying agendas, about 3 factions of police, about 3 different 'heads of the Thai military' commanding troops, a puppet PM who reads from a script we can only guess written by whom. This is a mess all right. And to throw armed soldiers into it is about the most unintelligent thing one could think of.

Surrender, go home.

So would i but we are not protesting at perceived injustice

so what are you protesting about? are you at the camp? cause i see you type around the clock day and night, indicating unemployment (or no life) or both.

Friend said the food delivery boy would not come and deliver food, how many farangs must be trapped in their condos/

The US has already offered evacuation for NGOS like USAID etc...I wouldl be getting outta there as soon as is humanly possible and wish all a safe return to their respective countries...What help are Embassies if they are closed, who is being protected and by whom.....mobs are reportedly now burning and looting, makes Rawanda look tame to an extent...

No, that would not be accurate. Bangkok is a huge metropolitan area with perhaps 10 million people. I am living in the East of Bangkok, near the new airport Suvannaphum and here all is quiet. If t wasn't for TV and Internet, I would have no idea that there is a war in Rajaprasong and Rama 4.

Would you call that boy looking over the tyres a human shield.I suggest you print something factual.My thioughts would have been,he is showing the boy to the soldiers to show that he is there.

NOW

If someone had said the boy should not be there i would have agreed but dont spout crap on here

That's what a human shield is - "don't shoot at us behind standing behind the red barricades because we have brought our children here."

Not even worth a reply if thats what you think a human shield is

stop insisting, your posts are disgusting :)

No, that would not be accurate. Bangkok is a huge metropolitan area with perhaps 10 million people. I am living in the East of Bangkok, near the new airport Suvannaphum and here all is quiet. If t wasn't for TV and Internet, I would have no idea that there is a war in Rajaprasong and Rama 4.

Yes , not surprised

outrageous!

Yes the man speaking is actually telling the child to wave to the army. What is he thinking?

But you can't blame "elcent" for posting it. I've never met a liberal who would let the truth stand in the way of good propaganda which depicts freedom fighters in a negative light. It was just too good to resist.

People that support the government in dealing with a violent mob that has at the VERY least been infiltrated with terrorists are now "liberals"? Normally we are called Fascists by the people that would support terrorism!

Then again in my country I am proud to be labeled a liberal! (Think voting rights act, women's sufferage, etc --- all brought to you by liberals!)

What do you care ?

Its not a small spot at all! Please stop ur bulltalk! Several blocks in all directions are now blocked. Loads of people are prisoners in their own home. Loads of people suffering from electricity and water cuts.

Tell me . Why are you so involved as a farang against the reds .

What do you care ?

I care because my Thai wife and Thai 3 month old baby were forced out of our residence when my wife and I witnessed a redshirt in front of our building shooting an automatic rifle. I am not making this up. We have been under siege for more than a month now.

And don't confuse yourself, my wife is as Issan as Issan gets. She has worked very hard to pull herself out of the poverty she grew up in. We are not elitist. I work for a Thai university and make a humble salary trying to help educated Thai students.

3 weeks ago things were not perfectly normal. My 3 month old baby was being scared out of her sleep by rockets the reds were firing right outside my window every night. My wife was hassled by the redshirts while she was simply trying to reach our home. My thai mother in-law (who lives with us and I support) could not get to the hospital when she was sick because the redshirts blocked the entrance.

If you don't care about me because I am farang fine, makes not differnce to me really, but do be presumptuous that you know everyone's situation. Families come in all shapes and sizes, and most of mine happens to be Thai.

So do I have your permission to care about my family's well being?

Edited by wlcart

so what are you protesting about? are you at the camp? cause i see you type around the clock day and night, indicating unemployment (or no life) or both.

If you see me day and night , then it makes 2 of us :)

not so, i work full time. one can see on your post displays your tally and times

Its not a small spot at all! Please stop ur bulltalk! Several blocks in all directions are now blocked. Loads of people are prisoners in their own home. Loads of people suffering from electricity and water cuts.

Are you there now ?

Your electricity and water is cut ?

The Reds have now defied the 3pm deadline and broken the law.

As a consequence, the government will now make an announcement that... "the Reds have broken the law."

:)

If the Army is worried about people breaking the law, why don't they just arrest themselves for the illegal coup. With the Army self-jailed, all would be peaceful in this lovely Kingdom.

Well said

Or commit sepuku (hara-kiri ) like in Japan after apologising for their failure .

Yes everything would be paeceful even the minuscule area held by the reds

in BKK .

The longer this goes on, the more radical the responses become. The thai people look at westerners as civilized. I see no evidence of that here.

If they are civilised they won't pee-pee along the street and whole of Thailand were looks like New York city.

On Channel 3 they just showed some life scenes from the streets of Bangkok, a gasoline truck on fire, young men setting fire to tires, pick-up trucks bringing in whole truckloads of tires, men throwing Molotow cocktails at soldiers ....

Are these still the "Red Shirts", the poor, underprivileged farmers from Isaan, the honest grassroot people coming to Bangkok to demonstrate for more Democracy and against double standars?

Hardly. There are professional thugs and hooligans of the worst kind who have no idea of the consequences of their senseless violence. They certainly won't listen to any voice of reason, any offer of talk or compromise. The only language they understand is force, power, handcuffs and a prison cell, for 10 years.

Go get them and put them away, for as long as possible.

these are very poorest grass root and they have nothing to loss, not even a jail term has any big consequence to them.

worst, they don't understand what they are doing today, has immediate consequences to Bangkok, and has long term consequences to the country that no one knows :-(

No they are not! These people are NOT the poorest grass root who have nothing to loose. Just look at them. These are young urban men, not farmers, not poor people. They have a motorbike and a lot of fun playing with weapons.

I am totally against indiscriminate shooting, I am, however, very much in favor of arresting these thugs and put them in prison. OK, this will need a few more soldiers, but, where the h*** is the police?

Bring in UN? A stupid joke! The UN has no troops of its own. So would you think the friendly neighbors from Burma, Cambodia, Malaysia or China will be able to arrest these street vandals? Maybe the Burmese, they have some experience in "crowd control". Seriously, forget about the UN.

you are right, some protesters are not the grass root ! I actually called them RIOTERS, some indeed from BKK ( with bikes ) ! well, we also see one more group mixed in between - terrorists :-(

IF the police could really perform their duties, we won't come to this page today !

If you see me day and night , then it makes 2 of us :D

not so, i work full time. one can see on your post displays your tally and times

Then you know i havent posted last few days . Am on leave today

Well if everybody here agreed , this forum would be really boring :)