Thai Court Approves Arrest Warrant Against Thaksin On Terrorism Charge

webfact

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it funny how all those who have previously posted that it's not about Thaksin, it's all about the poor, are getting so worked up by his (possibly) being charged with terrorism? He called for revolution. He funded Seh Daeng and his private army. (By the way, what's happened to Panlop Pinmalee?) Yet there are those who are constantly saying that the movement is now beyond him. So why the defense of a convicted criminal? And from the flaming and name calling coming from the red side, they're taking it rather personally.

Thai Government should get a Red Corner Notice against Thaksin from Interpol and his trial should begin asap

Do you think Interpol people are idiots ?

Would you appreciate a democratically elected Prime Minister being deposed by a military coup in your home country ?

Would you appreciate the main airports of your home country being seized for weeks by terrorists ?

Would you appreciate democratically elected Members of Parliament being unseated by some shady judges in your home country ?

The warrant comes from Court not from PM's Table. You should respect court. Court decisions are made Judges not politicians

Thai Government should get a Red Corner Notice against Thaksin from Interpol and his trial should begin asap

Would you appreciate a democratically elected Prime Minister being deposed by a military coup in your home country ?

Would you appreciate the main airports of your home country being seized for weeks by terrorists ?

Would you appreciate democratically elected Members of Parliament being unseated by some shady judges in your home country ?

Time to go home.

Thais are the most stupid people in the world.

You deserve what you get

I see your point, but this is not that simple. As for democratically elected, the votes were paid for, I have friends in Issan and they explain this this way, if they come to your home and offer you money and you accept you are obliged to vote for the person who paid you. At least he was not trying to be elected for free but made the expense. This could be one way of looking at it. It obviously worked as a lot of people still like him.

Listen, if the red-shirts are only looking for a new election they WAIT for it, they don't come "peacefully" to throw 800 liters of their own blood on buildings, they don't throw grenades on skytrain stations , they don't kill people, and they don't block the economic centre of a capital city, because this is not peace, this is war!

Can you understand that, or are you so stupid to don't be able to understand something so simple. In any country - i mean democracy - in the world what happened during two months in Thailand would not have lasted more than two weeks! So, believe me, Thailand is not only a democracy - not perfect like all democracies but a democracy anyway - and this government is not the "worst" but probably the best you could have find in this kind of situation. No other country in the world would have wait that long to react, but when it's too much, it's too much. The red shirt movements was destroying the country and the government who has been widely patient had to act.

Now, if you want a new election, it's f+++ing simple: YOU WAIT FOR THE DATE OF THE NEXT ELECTION, like any democratic people would do, you don't put a country on fire because you want an election right now!

Unless you are on the side of the establishment, than don't have to wait at all.

Just order the dissolution of the winning party (twice), organize a military coup, change the constitution, sway MPs elected by voters of the opposition to switch sides with budget incentives and sit pretty at the top .:2 cents:.

Very impressive Firestar. Few year's political manouvering covered in one sentence, instead of ranting away like most do, regardless of the colour. Well put. :)

Furthermore.. If you believe those action can bring internal peace to the country.. then I hope you are correct.. From the way you typed.. I assure that you are part of the elite group in Thailand.. which earn more than those red-shirt protester.. my assumption..

First you called the protesters "dogs". Now you are saying no reds, only elite can possibly be educated? boy, with friends like you, they don't need enemies. better hope you employer isn't checking your work :)

If my sentences leaded you to believe I addressed those protesters as dogs.. I apologized.. I never expected you will link the word "dog" with any human being when come from a trope. Do you support the military action which I guess so... :D

Furthermore.. If you believe those action can bring internal peace to the country.. then I hope you are correct.. From the way you typed.. I assure that you are part of the elite group in Thailand.. which earn more than those red-shirt protester.. my assumption..

There will not be internal peace in this country for the next generation now. So what about if we just settle for ordinary peace? And those who break the law are punished like in every normal country, for now that would be good enough.

Also the elite group usually made the effort to do something to improve their life. Like to go to university and study hard and become a doctor. What is the desire to learn among the majority of red shirts? If you are in Issan somebody stops you from going to school and working your way up little by little? I know people who slept on the floor when young in their homes in Issan and now are managers. It can be done. The problem is here totally different. Some people were led to believe that someone will give them money-handouts. It is not gonna happen. Little payment would be all and then back to regular life. You want to improve your life? So work for it.

Edited by macwalen

Careful DF, telling the truth could get your warning level raised on this board!

No, but telling lies should. DF hasn't posted a single truth in his little rant. Thaksin was not the democratically elected PM at the time of the coup. The airports were not seized for weeks. They weren't seized at all in fact. And calling the judges that dissolved the TRT and PPP parties "shady" is clear contempt of court, and reason enough for a warning on its own.

DickFarang.. you are the best.. but becareful.. some people will call you as "Troll" sooner by sharing different ideas..

you guys should do your homework and read the case's 8000 pages and you will found out that it was justified.

earn more than those red-shirt protester..

You make me laughting by knowing your frames "earn more than those red-shirt protester == you are elitist". :):D :D

Sure I am. I do earn more than a common red-shirt protester (tsssss!!! you did not tell us that the protesters being paid!!). And those all are only my deservations, FYI.

And sure yet I seen noone banning issainans to earn more than those 100...500thb\day at the protest site. Just get his ass to somewhere out if his home village and find a better job. What is the deal? Believe me - even a taxi driver gets more, daily.

But first make sure that he/she's FIT to the position (as the level of many many MANY services in TH is much below any comparisons, frankly speakin'). The level of education and responsibility in this country is TERRIBLE low (and that is another, very big question and not to discuss at this topic).

There will not be internal peace in this country for the next generation now. So what about if we just settle for ordinary peace? And those who break the law are punished like in every normal country, for now that would be good enough.

Also the elite group usually made the effort to do something to improve their life. Like to go to university and study hard and become a doctor. What is the desire to learn among the majority of red shirts? If you are in Issan somebody stops you from going to school and working your way up little by little? I know people who slept on the floor when young in their homes in Issan and now are managers. It can be done. The problem is here totally different. Some people were led to believe that someone will give them money-handouts. It is not gonna happen. Little payment would be all and then back to regular life. You want to improve your life? So work for it.

Finally someone sound moderate and reasonable.. better than some groups.. simple addressing other as Troll by sharing ideas... I salute you

I believe i will make a camp in Thailand airport first..

When confronted with rational arguments, follow the red cheerleader's mantra: "The yellows took over the airport, so anything we do is ok" :)

Sad but true.

Herr Goebbels would be pleased by reading this. :D

You make me laughting by knowing your frames "earn more than those red-shirt protester == you are elitist". :):D:D

Sure I am. I do earn more than a common red-shirt protester (tsssss!!! you did not tell us that the protesters being paid!!). And those all are only my deservations, FYI.

And sure yet I seen noone banning issainans to earn more than those 100...500thb\day at the protest site. Just get his ass to somewhere out if his home village and find a better job. What is the deal? Believe me - even a taxi driver gets more, daily.

But first make sure that he/she's FIT to the position (as the level of many many MANY services in TH is much below any comparisons, frankly speakin'). The level of education and responsibility in this country is TERRIBLE low (and that is another, very big question and not to discuss at this topic).

thanks for your compliment.. Anyway.. I assure that you do not understand what those red protester are thinking.. since you also part of the elistist..

I see your point, but this is not that simple. As for democratically elected, the votes were paid for, I have friends in Issan and they explain this this way, if they come to your home and offer you money and you accept you are obliged to vote for the person who paid you. At least he was not trying to be elected for free but made the expense. This could be one way of looking at it. It obviously worked as a lot of people still like him.

All parties pay and if there are several idiots who give money, a simple but not so stupid farmer will cash in the money each time and finally vote with his heart.

And if ordinary people still like Dr. Thaksin it is because he was the first Prime Minister who cared for them (health insurance, struggle against loan sharks and struggle against drugs).

First you called the protesters "dogs". Now you are saying no reds, only elite can possibly be educated? boy, with friends like you, they don't need enemies. better hope you employer isn't checking your work :)

If my sentences leaded you to believe I addressed those protesters as dogs.. I apologized.. I never expected you will link the word "dog" with any human being when come from a trope. Do you support the military action which I guess so... :D

No, I, like you, was hoping that the lawless mob would continue to wreak havoc on the citizens of Bangkok without any interference from the government or army. I wanted entire neighborhoods taken over and hospitals invaded. Neither did I want the democratic process to go forward with elections held in November.

You make me laughting by knowing your frames "earn more than those red-shirt protester == you are elitist". :):D:D

thanks for your compliment.. Anyway.. I assure that you do not understand what those red protester are thinking.. since you also part of the elistist..

The Tahksin gang are the elitists. The Red Shirts are being played -for the most part.

This government is the worst I have ever seen.. and some of the people here..may have studied for quite sometimes.. become the second class or higher who claims they knows what is the meaning of "democracy".. Thailand has become the biggest joke in international for attacking and hurting those unarmed people.. Those "educated" person thought they can rule the country with their limited knowledge without providing the real care to the people.. definitely will get revenge one day.

From the beginning, the red-shirt gangs is only looking for Election but not a War. Any smart politician should know how to solve the problem UNLESS they worry their power are being stolen after election..

What a mess

May I ask what the reason is to ask for reelections? What makes the current government "undemocratic"?

Thailand has become a joke internationally, but not because of what happened recently, because of what happened the last few month. Tell me any "First World" country, that would have allowed this to go on for as long as it did.

The offer for reelections was on the table IF they leave Bangkok (an offer the PM didn't have to make), but November was not early enough for the people behind the red shirts, they don't care about democracy they want control over the government before August so they (and not the current government) can decide who will be the generals in the military and police for the coming year...

This is a fight for power, not for democracy.

Edited by jbhh

Do I put any word to blame "Abhisit"

I only blamed the current government

What is the great difference? :)

who should take better action

What are [your proposed] better actions?

rather than kill the unarmed people in the city.

Sure. How many m79 were fired by the army? None, as they were not used at all - it is a serious warfare asset. And how many m79's were actually landed to our heads? Many.

And now those "unarmed" are being punished exactly for this, and running scared on every small cracks - right as a cockroaches on my trash bin.

Yes, I am directly comparing them to cockroaches.

the city is full of blood.. and fire..

City? Nope. Noway. Have you ever realized how huge is this city? You just CAN'T blow out all - most likely you'll facing the quick feedback of the locals.

Some spots on the city's map? Those will be repaired/rebuilt very soon after this terror [by "unarmed"] is ended. Be sure, I am here long enough to see the spins of the History.

PS: btw, you did not answer my question. All of'em. And this is very predictable - you're just a small thick troll, arent you kiddo?

Edited by alex_aka_P

Tell me.. a dog will do whatever to fight back when it is going to die.. Tell yourself.. who is the SMARTEST idiots bring the protest idea to those so call "low-educated" people and dominated the airport??? This is the first shame of thailand after being so nice for so long..

Please try to write more clearly and concisely so that others can understand you. The above English is incomprehensible to me.

From what little sense I can make of it, you are suggesting that the yellow shirts gave the 'low-educated' (?) red shirts the idea to protest by occupying the airport. Are you suggesting that as some kind of justification of the red's occupation of the city centre? Or what was the point you were trying to make?

I'm not actually sure why I would expect you to have anything sensible, insightful or on-topic to say anyway, having seen some of your other posts.

DickFarang.. you are the best.. but becareful.. some people will call you as "Troll" sooner by sharing different ideas..

you guys should do your homework and read the case's 8000 pages and you will found out that it was justified.

Maybe they should also look to see that Thaksin was CARE-TAKER PM and was NOT ELECTED when the coup occurred.

I never expected you will link the word "dog" with any human being

FYI, comparing ppl to the dog is very, VERY, VERY offencive, rouge and to-be-striked-back for Muslims. Much more offencive than comparing to even a pig or saying "<removed> you!" or whatever "common" like this.

Watch your tongue, kiddo. Get some education and once again - watch your tongue triple after that... :)

what a load of *ollock* thai people are going to be more annoyed after tonight have to be home by 8pm in this democratic freedom to the people place 555 just joking, why don'y they just throw everyone in jail who would want to have an election I feel like i am living in burma or north korea right now been here 16 years going to try and get a flight to singapore in the morning. Can't do this and that there but can do a hel_l of alot more there than you can here these days. Singapore is alot more open than this place has been for years ok its half price here whoopee but at least there you get paid 3 or 4 times as much and you can get a 3 year visa without hassle.

:)

tulsathit: RT @kadeU: and I demand his (thaksin's) return to Thailand immediately if not sooner !

Wed May 19 2010 23:56:13 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)

coz, Thaksin demanded his passport back

:D

Abhisit = entire government..??

who should take better action?

I would be happy to answer you if I become PM one day.. but I believe you have time to entertain me since you are the elitist.

Sure. How many m79 were fired by the army? None, as they were not used at all - it is a serious warfare asset. And how many m79's were actually landed to our heads? Many.

And now those "unarmed" are being punished exactly for this, and running scared on every small cracks - right as a cockroaches on my trash bin.

Yes, I am directly comparing them to cockroaches.

This statement made me feel that you should are soldier on the ground..

There is no doubt that bangkok is huge.. but i have no argue with you since you believe thailand can rebuilt back the country fast.. I hope you are right..

wow.. you are the best elitist I have ever seen.. when you are going to pay for the show? i believe my show is better than Iron man 2.. dude..

All his and his family's funds should be seized to help rebuild the country he has tried so hard to tear apart.

Do you honestly think that there is anyone with any political power what so ever in Thailand today that would use Thaksin's seized Billions of Bahts to rebuild... the country? :)

Try "help rebuild their personal wallets" and you might be closer to the truth... :D

But I agree, it would be the right thing to do, if it could be done...

Exactly but they started some time ago.

This government is the worst I have ever seen.. and some of the people here..may have studied for quite sometimes.. become the second class or higher who claims they knows what is the meaning of "democracy".. Thailand has become the biggest joke in international for attacking and hurting those unarmed people.. Those "educated" person thought they can rule the country with their limited knowledge without providing the real care to the people.. definitely will get revenge one day.

From the beginning, the red-shirt gangs is only looking for Election but not a War. Any smart politician should know how to solve the problem UNLESS they worry their power are being stolen after election..

What a mess

May I ask what the reason is to ask for reelections? What makes the current government "undemocratic"?

Thailand has become a joke internationally, but not because of what happened recently, because of what happened the last few month. Tell me any "First World" country, that would have allowed this to go on for as long as it did.

The offer for reelections was on the table IF they leave Bangkok (an offer the PM didn't have to make), but November was not early enough for the people behind the red shirts, they don't care about democracy they want control over the government before August so they (and not the current government) can decide who will be the generals in the military and police for the coming year...

This is a fight for power, not for democracy.

Are you the spy for red-shirt protester? How can you understand their mind so well and what make you think they sure can control over the government? I really want to shout bravo for you.. why go for reelection? read the message from DickFarang properly :->

Would you appreciate a democratically elected Prime Minister being deposed by a military coup in your home country ? ( This is the first joke )

Yes, I would agree with the military deposing a mass murderer ("drug dealer" killings & muslim killings in the south like the Tak Bai incident. He's the reason there is unrest in the south to start with.

I may be wrong, but if I remember right the airport was never seized, the yellow shirts went there PEACEFULLY, and the head of airport security decided that it is not safe and closed the airport. However, them staying there AFTER the airport had been closed is not something I agree with.

Here an insight about "democratic elections": Local election for mayor, family voted for number 2, collects 200 baht per vote, number 1 wins because he paid 500 baht per vote, family says : NOT FAIR! Vote buying, and being paid for participating in a demonstration is the norm here.

thanks for your compliment..

Be my guest once more. :)

that you do not understand what those red protester are thinking..

Their think now is "Will we get the rest of promised rewards before we quietly fled to our villages to our fields, buffalos and somtams - or there is no any chance now, as accounts are frozen\ATMs down\leaders the ones who leave us first?!"

since you also part of the elistist..

You're so brave in issuing the ditto labels, arent you kiddo? If it pleases you...call me whatever you prefer. I just dont care it. :D

- We have seen people call for Seh Daeng to be arrested or shot and claim that violence will stop when it happens.

- He got shot and it got much worse.

- We have seen people call for red shirt leaders to be arrested or shot and claim that everything will end.

- They were arrested and it got much worse.

- Now we're seeing people calling for Thaksin to be shot or extradited.

It won't end simply because Seh Daeng, the red shirt leaders or Thaksin are gone. This has moved beyond them. Everyone that was angry at the government or at those that support them has found their way to voice that anger, and some of them have even put it into violent actions, unfortunately.

Thailand needs a change in government, even if it means giving power to one of the smaller parties. The wounds are too deep. They won't heal with the current government in power. It will just get much worse.

I never expected you will link the word "dog" with any human being

FYI, comparing ppl to the dog is very, VERY, VERY offencive, rouge and to-be-striked-back for Muslims. Much more offencive than comparing to even a pig or saying "<removed> you!" or whatever "common" like this.

Watch your tongue, kiddo. Get some education and once again - watch your tongue triple after that... :D

Hahha.. i am not the one that comparing ppl to a dog.. but someone is so directly pointed other as cockroach.. bravo.. :)