Any Cufew In Phuket?

starcandle

Provinces under State Of Emergency (SOE) and Curfew:

Chonburi, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Si Sa Ket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Nan, Lampang and Nakhon Sawan, Bangkok and Nonthaburi and parts of Samut Prakan, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Ubon Ratchahani, Maha Sarakam, Roi-et, Nongbua Lumpoo, and Sakhon Nakorn, Kalasin and Ayutthaya

Only the self imposed ones! I don't go out, especially on a motorbike, much past 10 PM. I've read too many times of farang getting kicked off their bikes and getting robbed between 2 AM and 5 AM around the island. But I do have a car in case I really want to go somewhere... :)

Edited by Jimi007

Only the self imposed ones! I don't go out, especially on a motorbike, much past 10 PM. I've read too many times of farang getting kicked off their bikes and getting robbed between 2 AM and 5 AM around the island. But I do have a car in case I really want to go somewhere... :)

I haven't heard that happening to farang much lately. They busted a gang a couple years ago and since then it seems to have stopped. I do read of things being snatched out of baskets now and then. Also on occasion the Thai's are still falling victim to the motorbike robberies, usually in Kathu late at night or early mornings. I have heard and believe the potential robbers have learned that if you victimize a farang (IE jeopardize tourism) you get a much greater response from police.

For example, a couple months ago around 9pm their were impromptu police checkpoints suddenly up all over Kata and Rawaii. I went through 4 on Kata/Rawaii road on the way to the gym. I saw a few Thai men getting detained and searched. I asked and a nice lady with the Tombon police told me a gold necklace had been snatched off the neck of a farang in Kata and the suspect fled towards Rawaii. I was right impressed with the response.

I haven't heard that happening to farang much lately. They busted a gang a couple years ago and since then it seems to have stopped. I do read of things being snatched out of baskets now and then. Also on occasion the Thai's are still falling victim to the motorbike robberies, usually in Kathu late at night or early mornings. I have heard and believe the potential robbers have learned that if you victimize a farang (IE jeopardize tourism) you get a much greater response from police.

For example, a couple months ago around 9pm their were impromptu police checkpoints suddenly up all over Kata and Rawaii. I went through 4 on Kata/Rawaii road on the way to the gym. I saw a few Thai men getting detained and searched. I asked and a nice lady with the Tombon police told me a gold necklace had been snatched off the neck of a farang in Kata and the suspect fled towards Rawaii. I was right impressed with the response.

No curfew on Phuket

On my trips from Patong to Kata between 3am to 6am I have yet to see any bike robbery in 7 years. Kata to Rawai is another matter, a distance I would avoid travel on bike after 10pm.