Briton In Red Shirt Demonstration Regrets Video Arson Gibe

george

<!--quoteo(post=3627239:date=2010-05-21 11:02:28:name=baksiidaa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (baksiidaa @ 2010-05-21 11:02:28) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3627239"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Every time I hear about a Farang red shirt supporter I automatically think of some nutjob that listens to his 9th grade educated Isaan wife/girlfriend too much. No rational person would support these terrorists.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A common mistake of the semi-educated - equating rationality and/or intelligence with education. There is no such correlation.

But he didn't actually make that "common mistake." He didn't say she was unintelligent or irrational. Probably meant that if she were better educated, she would be better informed and more thoughtful and so, perhaps, advise a wiser course of action--though he may not have listened even then, being irrational himself.

Now a question is why you leaped to that particular wrong conclusion. Sensitive on that point for some reason? :)

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

r2597009779.jpg

savage2o.jpg

savageb.jpg

British national Jeff Savage lies on the ground in a show of distress after arriving at Pathumwan Municipal court in Bangkok June 10, 2010.

Savage and Purcell appeared at the Thai court after they were accused of violating emergency decree during anti-government protests last month. REUTERS

Edited by JLester

Briton filmed inciting Thai shopping centre fire faces court

The Independent

Thursday, 10 June 2010

A Briton arrested in Thailand after being filmed inciting people to burn down a shopping centre appeared in court today, the Foreign Office said.

Jeff Savage, 48, a former Royal Household employee, was arrested last month following major unrest in the Far East nation.

Savage, from Tonbridge, Kent, who has lived in Thailand for nine years, was captured on video exhorting protesters to set fire to the Central World shopping centre in central Bangkok, days before it was torched and destroyed during the Red Shirt protests.

He was filmed wearing a bandanna and saying of Central World: "We're gonna loot everything, gold, watches, everything, and then we're gonna burn it to the ground."

Savage, who worked intermittently as a Buckingham Palace general porter in the kitchens during a five-year period from 1993, later denied any involvement in the destruction of the shopping centre and said he was being "stitched up" when he was arrested and taken to a Bangkok remand prison.

Savage was reportedly charged with violating the state of emergency decree, an offence which carries a two-year prison sentence.

A Foreign Office spokesman said: "There was a court hearing today. He was remanded in custody until Monday, awaiting further forensics."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/briton-filmed-inciting-thai-shopping-centre-fire-faces-court-1996717.html

It would be a good move by Thailand just to deport this chap and black

list him from entering Thailand ever again. This would be a good sign that

Thailand will not accept foriegners coming to Thailand to start trouble but

will be fair and make sure he is allowed to leave without being fleeced.

Thailand being the kind of country it is probably will not do this and slap

a heavy fine towards him or seize (steal more accurately) any assets or money

he has in Thailand.

QUOTE (teacherofwoe @ 2010-05-29 13:06:59) So many posters want to lynch this man. This isn't the wild west. Has anyone not though that this person might need special care? I see a very troubled individual without the mental or emotional capacity to function in society. This person clearly needs help.

What he needs is 20 years in prison and no repatriation to the uk until he as servrd it .The man is scum.

No you are scum. 20 years for such a minor offense. What sentence would a murderer get under your

intelligent proposed prosection. Grow up.

wonderfully agonizing sequences....

how on earth did u ever sneak these pix out....?

i for one appreciated seeing these pix on thaivisa....

many thx JLester

r2597009779.jpg

savage2o.jpg

savageb.jpg

British national Jeff Savage lies on the ground in a show of distress after arriving at Pathumwan Municipal court in Bangkok June 10, 2010.

Savage and Purcell appeared at the Thai court after they were accused of violating emergency decree during anti-government protests last month. REUTERS

kevozman

it is so unfair for a farang to say that....

he has in Thailand.

several hundred other farangs and myself who live here for several decades.... do not agree with your statement nor your line of thought at all....

on the contrary.... we do believe that a small number of citizen totaling some 100,000 to 200,000

can not be a true representative sample of the 60,000,000 population....

the redshirts were just a small number....

more importantly, from our experiences, thailand and its thai citizen are very much like the u.s. of some 40 years ago.... where hospitality still prevails over hostility like what we experienced recently in bangkok....

many of us would not be around thailand.... if we do not feel safe and fair.... and democratic enough for us.... to live a decent life that we choose for ourselves....

but perhaps for you.... it could be a different story.... that you could be living here against your will.... or something to that sort of thing.... blink.gif

he has in Thailand.

kevozman

he has in Thailand.

several hundred other farangs and myself who live here for several decades.... do not agree with your statement nor your line of thought at all....

on the contrary.... we do believe that a small number of citizen totaling some 100,000 to 200,000

more importantly, from our experiences, thailand and its thai citizen are very much like the u.s. of some 40 years ago.... where hospitality still prevails over hostility like what we experienced recently in bangkok....

many of us would not be around thailand.... if we do not feel safe and fair.... and democratic enough for us.... to live a decent life that we choose for ourselves....

but perhaps for you.... it could be a different story.... that you could be living here against your will.... or something to that sort of thing.... blink.gif

he has in Thailand.

Why is it unfair to say that. Unless you have been walking around

Thailand with buffalo shit in your eyes you will see that Thailand is

not particularly fair. That is not just my thoughts, ask so many Thai's

what they think aswell.

I do not live in Thailand as I would not want to live in a country where

you will never be accepted into society (no matter what you choose to

believe). I have had many long holidays to Thailand and had fun but

could not see myself living there.

I notice you pick my quote as being unfair, what about other people

that say he should be treated badly or spend 20 years in jail. Makes

me sick to think a lot of you actually come from the same country as

this Jeff Savage goon. He has been idiotic but that is about it.

kevozman 1

just curious all the more....

you said you do not live in thailand but that you have had long holidays in thailand....

by the virtue of your own statement.... you really ought to disqualify yourself from making such erroneous observation and statement regarding thailand....

secondly, many of us, not only do feel but also do know, that we become part of thai people, society and thailand....

we do know that we are accepted.... because we work among them daily, we share their joy and sorrow, especially when there are problems around....

they come to help us.... on their own without being asked.... and vice versa....

the more serious question is.... are we, coming from a much more advanced society and country, accepting them as they are.... very different from us in terms of life style, daily living practices and dietaries....?

just as long as we, farangs, do not try to impose our life style and value onto the local thais.... there should be no problem....

well, perhaps, because i am sort of an optimistic outlook person.... accepting everyone as is.... very similar to believing that everyone is innocent.... until proven guilty....

therefore, perhaps, the local can accept me more readily than some other farangs who are more engaged in their own life style and work.... and more interested in enjoying 'farang things' and farang cultural enjoyment and practices.... which i see nothing wrong with that either--to enjoy, practise and entertain whatever one wishes to pursue in foreign countries....

but then one oughts not complain.... if and when the locals do not approve of our life style, way of life and daily practices....

i really do not maliciously single you out.... neither do i agree with the other multitude of expressive exposition either....

and furthermore, i am certain that there might be several others who do not agree with me either.... sad.gif

more importantly.... we are very happy here--living among the thais, working with them and among them, sharing our joy and sorrow with them and vice versa....

and hopefully, during your next trip to thailand.... you'll find more joy and happiness and whatever you are seeking in your personal quest.... alright?

wishing you the very best in life.... cheers.... jap.gif

kevozman

he has in Thailand.

he has in Thailand.

Why is it unfair to say that. Unless you have been walking around

Thailand with buffalo shit in your eyes you will see that Thailand is

not particularly fair. That is not just my thoughts, ask so many Thai's

what they think aswell.

I do not live in Thailand as I would not want to live in a country where

you will never be accepted into society (no matter what you choose to

believe). I have had many long holidays to Thailand and had fun but

could not see myself living there.

I notice you pick my quote as being unfair, what about other people

that say he should be treated badly or spend 20 years in jail. Makes

me sick to think a lot of you actually come from the same country as

this Jeff Savage goon. He has been idiotic but that is about it.

r2597009779.jpg

savage2o.jpg

savageb.jpg

many thx JLester

Your are very welcome. :)

As to how I was able to sneak these pix out, first I crept up very quietly and waited for several heart-stopping moments. When I thought there was a brief opening, I lunged out and copied them off the Reuters news site and then quickly tucked them into my computer's memory and ran off. When I finally caught my breath, I retrieved them from the memory and quite stealthily posted them here when I thought the coast was clear. All in all, a very dangerous operation, but I thought the outcome was well worth the extreme risk.

ha ha ha....

we appreciate your sacrifice and time, nevertheless....rolleyes.gif

r2597009779.jpg

savage2o.jpg

savageb.jpg

many thx JLester

Your are very welcome. :)

As to how I was able to sneak these pix out, first I crept up very quietly and waited for several heart-stopping moments. When I thought there was a brief opening, I lunged out and copied them off the Reuters news site and then quickly tucked them into my computer's memory and ran off. When I finally caught my breath, I retrieved them from the memory and quite stealthily posted them here when I thought the coast was clear. All in all, a very dangerous operation, but I thought the outcome was well worth the extreme risk.

r2597009779.jpg

savage2o.jpg

savageb.jpg

Looks like he's lost a few kilo's. Has he been working out ?

Would you like to see your daughter going out with the likes of these ????

probably not.....

but on second thought, I might consider my mother in law........ just to show them how a real MOUTH works.....

ROTFLOL. Biggest laugh of the week.

I doubt Jeffrey was anything more than a hanger-on and Thai wannabe. Unless he speaks Thai, then he was likely the brunt of jokes by his Thai "comrades" and viewed.....perhaps like the team mascot. Pretty pathetic really. A year in the slammer and then out of the country permanently would be reasonable. Maybe that would give him time to reflect on why he is behaving like an un-disciplined, teenaged &lt;deleted&gt; at 50 years old.

About right for Jeffy boy. He is emotionally regressed, but not a real head case,

get 'im off the steroid juice and he might float back down to the planet.

A year in Bangkok Hilton should dry him out enough.

Connor, on the other hand, seems barely rational, round the twist for sure.

But coherent enough to avoid psychiatric escape from his idelogical stupidity.

I think he is, as noted above, digging his grave with his mouth. Long term

guest of the state coming up. He bought the red shirt partly line, hook line and sinker,

and is now sinking fast.

I doubt Jeffrey was anything more than a hanger-on and Thai wannabe. Unless he speaks Thai, then he was likely the brunt of jokes by his Thai "comrades" and viewed.....perhaps like the team mascot. Pretty pathetic really. A year in the slammer and then out of the country permanently would be reasonable. Maybe that would give him time to reflect on why he is behaving like an un-disciplined, teenaged &lt;deleted&gt; at 50 years old.

About right for Jeffy boy. He is emotionally regressed, but not a real head case,

guest of the state coming up. He bought the red shirt partly line, hook line and sinker,

and is now sinking fast.

You seems to understand the inner part of these 2 guys well.

Wonder why?

1 post containing translation of newspaper article deleted as no source was provided and there also was no link with the topic or even Thailand.

I did write out plainly the link I made to Thailand

you must have missed it :D ; link to the topic was obvious to me , it was an evaluation of the two men 's predicament by world standards in similar cases of political activities of foreigners , a mise en perspective if you prefer and I pointed it out in decent English too :D

It was Google English, which should be accepted linguo here. (It was recommended to me on these pages).

MAYBE the AFP reference was missing but I don't think so ; it means Agence France Presse and is a generally accepted reference.

I'll try to retrieve the thing asap (and slap AFP if missing) . This time I'll highlight the links to Thailand AND the topic, promise

:) just been to re-read the article which states it is by AFP, a transcript of a France Culture radio and "quoted by the Liberation newspaper" :D

Edited by souvenirdeparis

You seems to understand the inner part of these 2 guys well.

Wonder why?

Its part of the training, professionals can see whats going on here. Perhaps one could wonder why you have so much difficulty seeing the obvious?.

From The Times August 14, 2009

Iran played with French nerves yesterday,

delaying the release on bail of a 24-year-old student whose trial on spying charges has cast her in the role of hostage to the Islamic Republic.

The French Ambassador in Tehran failed to extract Clotilde Reiss from Tehran’s notorious Evin prison despite Iran’s announcement on Wednesday that she would be freed pending her verdict. :D the deleted article I had taken time to google translate yesterday details her conditions , and it is helpful in evaluating how the two farangs are being treated by current "world standards"

but I should find the time for another edition of it :)

The French Foreign Ministry asked Tehran to “align its deeds with its words”. It said: “We request that Clotilde Reiss be freed without delay.”

Remi Reiss, Ms Reiss’s father, said that the embassy in Tehran was ready to pay hundreds of thousands of euros in bail and that he still hoped that she would be freed on Saturday.

:D it turned out to be 200 000 euros :D

Related Links

French student’s ‘confession’ at Iran court

The horror of inmates held at Evin prison

France tells Tehran to release arrested student

An assistant teacher at a university in Isfahan, Iran’s third-largest city, Ms Reiss was accused of spying and abetting revolt because :D the link to the situation in Thailand and the demonstrations

she attended demonstrations, e-mailed friends :D she sent pics of the demonstration as seen from the pavement

and sent a report to a French institute for Iranian studies during the protests against the June

:D promise I'll look for her interview in the Brit press asap

it shows the notorious BKK Hilton has its dark and its bright sides too.

thx much for an interesting article and

also thx even more for the time you dispensed to bring it into our focus.... biggrin.gif

From The Times August 14, 2009

Iran played with French nerves yesterday,

delaying the release on bail of a 24-year-old student whose trial on spying charges has cast her in the role of hostage to the Islamic Republic.

The French Ambassador in Tehran failed to extract Clotilde Reiss from Tehran's notorious Evin prison despite Iran's announcement on Wednesday that she would be freed pending her verdict. :D the deleted article I had taken time to google translate yesterday details her conditions , and it is helpful in evaluating how the two farangs are being treated by current "world standards"

but I should find the time for another edition of it :)

The French Foreign Ministry asked Tehran to "align its deeds with its words". It said: "We request that Clotilde Reiss be freed without delay."

Remi Reiss, Ms Reiss's father, said that the embassy in Tehran was ready to pay hundreds of thousands of euros in bail and that he still hoped that she would be freed on Saturday.

:D it turned out to be 200 000 euros :D

Related Links

French student's 'confession' at Iran court

The horror of inmates held at Evin prison

France tells Tehran to release arrested student

An assistant teacher at a university in Isfahan, Iran's third-largest city, Ms Reiss was accused of spying and abetting revolt because :D the link to the situation in Thailand and the demonstrations

she attended demonstrations, e-mailed friends :D she sent pics of the demonstration as seen from the pavement

and sent a report to a French institute for Iranian studies during the protests against the June

:D promise I'll look for her interview in the Brit press asap

it shows the notorious BKK Hilton has its dark and its bright sides too.

TF 1 News, from Agence France Presse

translated by Google and souvenirdeparis

to help evaluate Connor's predicament ; my point is this girl was sent in for just sending a few pics of a demonstration via her phone ( + Iran used her as exchange with a convicted spy in France, but it doesn't change her conditions of detention) "They asked me to strip off, even down my panties, sit as if I was a real spy who hid things, even in the most intimate parts of his person," (.....) her cell, "a small room of 8 m2 with just a tap and a carpet - so it was very dirty - where each of the four prisoners had two blankets and a brush tine "and" slept on ".

the interrogations went from sweat cold to sweat cold," she reflects.

Reiss describes her interrogation sessions where "they makes you sit facing the wall, blindfolded", with "three or four men behind you," and in which "issues of choice are about people you know." " theyask you the same, twenty or thirty times." "Physically, they did not threaten, but made me suffer moral pressure, emotional blackmail. They told me: 'You can stay here for years,'" she says.

"I and my fellow prisoners are part of people who had the better conditions, reflects the young woman, who celebrated her24th birthday in her cell, with" three peaches and three cucumber pickles. "The hardest thing was to see the time passing in fact, the time to do nothing," (two months) cried she. the trial "lasted five hours and an hour the President delivered a diatribe of incredible violence. I felt like the Last Judgement to be condemned even before I spoke" says Reiss speaks of "the hardest days of her life".

(nota : it has been argued she actually is an agent of the Frenchgovt, it doesn't change her conditions of detention )

Par TF1 News (D'après agence) le 10 juin 2010 à 15:41 TF1 News (From agency) June 10, 2010 at 15:41

I mean they really had to ask to be sent in jail in Thaïland , and they have a fairer trial than her, she had to apologize, admit charges, and pay (fine, not bail) more than 200 000 euros after 5 months in the embassy and her second trial. the two farangs at the BKK Hilton have it better than lots of innocents in prison of real dictature countries.

(There was this French on drugs charge in LOS, he made everything he could to be transferred to a French jail and it was accepted ! and once back to France, to finish his time in a French Prison, he did everything he could to be sent back to Bangkok but he was stuck ! This happened in the eighties.

Edited by souvenirdeparis

Jataporn walked out of detnention the day after he handed himself in.

Now he's got bail...so he'll be sleeping at home for a good while longer

Meanwhile Purcell and Jaffa look like doing a couple of years for their role in things.

Boys, that the problem with being tools....you get used.

More news on the Two Stooges. Looks like a few weeks in the monkey house has calmed them down a bit, at least seem to have behaved in court. Mostly they seem to want to get the hel_l out of jail. No rants about how they are political prisoners.

Thai judge fast-tracks Brit trial(UKPA) – 14 hours ago

A Thai judge is speeding up the trial process for two foreigners detained nearly a month ago for violating an emergency decree during bloody anti-government protests.

Police will have only three more days to gather evidence against Briton Jeff Savage and Australian Conor Purcell for their part in street clashes between so-called Red-Shirt protesters and government forces which left almost 90 dead and more than 1,400 injured.

The judge made the ruling in a Bangkok court on Monday.

Savage, 48, from Kent, was detained for allegedly inciting or participating in arson. Footage surfaced on the internet of him purportedly stating his intention to set fire to the CentralWorld shopping mall, one of Thailand's largest, after the military broke up the protests on May 19.

Led into Bangkok's Pathumwan Municipal Court barefooted, manacled in leg-irons, and clad in prison-issue orange shorts and shirts, both men appeared calm.

In previous hearings, Savage had struggled with guards, alleging he was beaten in prison and stating he was illegally detained.

"I object to staying in a jail cell like a criminal with rapists and murderers when I have not been accused of anything," Purcell told the court.

The 30-year-old allegedly incited violence by making incendiary speeches on the protesters' main stage in their Bangkok encampment, as the protesters demanded the government call early elections.

Purcell, whose bail was previously denied, is expected to get a new bail trial.

After leaving the courtroom, Purcell told reporters he was optimistic. "It's justified that I get bail," he said.

Copyright © 2010 The Press Association. All rights reserved.

and is now sinking fast.

I agree with you that both of these guys are rather sad individuals who are in desperate need of professional help. But has either of them been found guilty of any criminal charges yet? Other than your well-known extreme right wing personal prejudices, you are handing down your sentence based on what?