Curfew Lifted For Pattaya City

george

Curfew lifted for Pattaya City. Mayor Itthiphol Kunplome gets Army OK to reopen. Press conference within hour.

-- via Pattaya Mail

NEWSFLASH – PATTAYA CURFEW CANCELLED

21st May 2010

At 7pm on Friday Night we received information that the curfew has officially been lifted here in Pattaya. This follows a meeting held at Pattaya City Hall earlier on Friday where a number of business owners pleaded to the Pattaya Mayor to get the curfew lifted which they felt was uneccesary as there was no intelligence suggesting that any riots or other disturbances would take place here in Pattaya.

Upon consultation with Police Leutenant General Asawin, the Region 2 Police Commander, the curfew in Pattaya was lifted, although it remains in force in other areas around Chonburi Province which remains under a State of Emergency. Whether, at this late hour, staff can be recalled to ensure that shops and entertainment venues can be opened on Friday Night is yet to be seen.

We will provide more details on this important development on Saturday.

-- pattayaone.net

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya defies everything. They don't really close for HM's birthday, Buddha's birthday or even a curfew that is in place for a reason. It's sad really.

Lets pray to whatever God you pray to that the Mayor is not wrong on this one.

know of nothing official in KOrat but the mood of the people seems different, 7/11 still open where yesterday they were shutting at 8.

Mall was still open at 8 when I left.

Big C however... closed.

Pattaya defies everything. They don't really close for HM's birthday, Buddha's birthday or even a curfew that is in place for a reason. It's sad really.

In my opinion that's beside the point in this case. I live near the city hall and saw how the reds were watched by the whatever color you might like to call them. This is not a red city and rest assured Thai citizens in here are watching over their city and know every movement better than we foreigner expect!

In my opinion that's beside the point in this case. I live near the city hall and saw how the reds were watched by the whatever color you might like to call them. This is not a red city and rest assured Thai citizens in here are watching over their city and know every movement better than we foreigner expect!

I hope for the sake of Pattaya and Thailand you are correct.

My fear is not the "reds" necessarily, but those factions within the reds hel_l bent on creating chaos. Can you imagine a few M79s shot into Walking Street at 11pm? It would be the end of tourism in Pattaya for a long, long time.

My fear is not the "reds" necessarily, but those factions within the reds hel_l bent on creating chaos. Can you imagine a few M79s shot into Walking Street at 11pm? It would be the end of tourism in Pattaya for a long, long time.

No, I can't imagine and I pray it won't happen. But in my 16 years in here I know that Pattaya is in fact more like a village, not like Bangkok and that the different "forces" know each others moves completely unnoticed from us foreigners. I do have trust in that and know that nobody really want to hurt us rest of kind of loyal foreigners!!

Commercial center are full also at 3 pm dont need wait the night, walking street is full also at 6 pm dont need wait 11 pm.

No, I can't imagine and I pray it won't happen. But in my 16 years in here I know that Pattaya is in fact more like a village, not like Bangkok and that the different "forces" know each others moves completely unnoticed from us foreigners. I do have trust in that and know that nobody really want to hurt us rest of kind of loyal foreigners!!

I think Pattaya used to be a village. I don't know what it is now, it's changing so fast I almost don't recognize it anymore. If you've been here for 16 years, I know you don't either. That's a long time.

Rewind to last year when the reds STORMED Pattaya and fought the blue shirts (where did they go?) on top of Pratumnak hill. Remember that? The people of Pattaya did nothing. However, you're right, no foreigners were attacked.

The reds have had a small camp in Pattaya, back behind Big C in North Pattaya, up until the fighting in BKK started, then they all took off to fight. The tent is still there, as are their chairs and tables and a police check point (with no police).

Call me paranoid but after just seeing first hand some of the violence in Bangkok and then last year on Pratumnak, I don't trust the reds and I don't think the people of Pattaya would do much of anything other than step out of the way. Pattaya can't even control their motobike and taxi mafia. Hardly going to control a hundred drunken reds with hatchets and sticks.

However, I do hope I'm 100% wrong on this one. I just think it's premature. This very well could be the sort of thing some loony red faction is waiting for.

Chiang Mai will probably have the curfew lifted in a week or two. :)

Bad luck for you guys up there, that Mr T. has (had?) so may followers. Think what you want abt. Pattaya, but not possible in here. Good or not good, clocks are just ticking differently in here.

I decided earlier to stay in. will give it some time before venturing out. :)

Chiang Mai will probably have the curfew lifted in a week or two. :)

Bad luck for you guys up there, that Mr T. has (had?) so may followers. Think what you want abt. Pattaya, but not possible in here. Good or not good, clocks are just ticking differently in here.

Whats the word in CM right now?

Tonight I have been in Babydolls, Sweethearts, Airport, Cozy. and FLB bar. The staff in FLB told me they were closing at 3am.

I guess that Saturday night everything will be back to normal. Mind you, Babydolls will be open at 1pm Saturday, so get in there while you can. Shame they aren't all open in the afternoons!

Tonight I have been in Babydolls, Sweethearts, Airport, Cozy. and FLB bar. The staff in FLB told me they were closing at 3am.

I guess that Saturday night everything will be back to normal. Mind you, Babydolls will be open at 1pm Saturday, so get in there while you can. Shame they aren't all open in the afternoons!

Soory do you know for buy the bread at what time they open??

Do you work in sex businness or you are only a customer that need a day dose of sex... :D

So sad some dont open in the afternoon....we must make a riot and talk whit the PM about!!!!!!!! :)

Edited by oceano

Did you get laid too? Please share all the details.

I'll pray for you.

Edited by Sisaketmike

Sorry, excuse me, forgot it's Tokay's forum.

Everything is quiet in CM, but will it stay that way?

Tokay can answer that. Outstanding Khun Tokay.

Not even sure why you're being an asshol_e, but whatever, it's obviously in your blood.

May I ask how many poorly made tattoos you have on our forearms? :)

They don't skip a beat. lol

Any customers IN the bars?

Pattaya defies everything. They don't really close for HM's birthday,

so your saying Pattaya spits in the face of HM and does not respect him ?????????????

wow, your sadly deluded.

So has the Chonburi curfew been lifted ???

Edited by Spoonman

Customers - Yes

Girls - No

Why? All the red shirts got sent back to Isaan :)

Everything is quiet in CM, but will it stay that way?

Tokay can answer that. Outstanding Khun Tokay.

Not even sure why you're being an asshol_e, but whatever, it's obviously in your blood.

May I ask how many poorly made tattoos you have on our forearms? :)

Our forearms? Please stop drinking and grow up. Won't use your vocabulary, shows what and who you are.

Customers - Yes

Girls - No

Why? All the red shirts got sent back to Isaan :)

:D