The Peoples Date Format

Insight

Which one makes more sense to you?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15-06-2005 is my preferred format, I think Insight probably meant all formats displaying in that kind of order.... or maybe he didn't.... Insight..?

This format is certainly more familiar, but it doesn't address the confusion it causes - and that is the main point that the ISO standard does address.

What date do I mean if I write that on the 1-6-04 someone did or said a particular thing?

Do I mean the 1st of June 2004 or the 6th of January, 2004? How do you know if I am pandering to the US or UK style?

Obviously dates involving numbers greater than 12 make the difference quite plain to see, but that still leaves a great deal of every month in date confusion...

The ISO 8601 date standard is one I have used in file names for a long time now (I actually didn't know it was a standard till today) - exactly because it prevents confusion, and it sorts easily on the computer.

In spoken communication I still use the normal date and month order (yes, I'm Australian - not American).

:o

For those of us traversing the universe on the Starship Enterprise, this is a most enlightening thread--considering you are all Earthlings.

Beam me up, Scotty

(oops, I am Scotty)