Thai Authorities Lift Curfew Imposed After Deadly Unrest: PM

webfact

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YAY! Now I don't have to walk through a ghost town at 2am anymore. YAY! . :) . :D . :D

Lucky you

:D

Actually it was very pleasant walking Sukhumvit in total quiet. First time I've seen it in 15 years. So quiet, everything closed, not a soul around. Eeriely peaceful and tranquil.

But I was glad when that lonesome taxi came along with his "Wang" sign welcomly and warmly glowing red.

Seen any videos of a silent trafficless Bangkok about folks ...... was thinking to head out on the bicycle at the time but didn't finally ....... be a good souvenir of an event never to be witnessed ever again ....... hopefully

No video but I've got the movie in my brain, I wish I could share it/them.

I walked from Sukhumvit 5 up to Soi 19 one night/morning at 2am

in total silence and all alone. Not a soul around. There was a cool breeze and a bit of rain but nothing much.

It was nice. You actually hear the rain pitter patter on the road and hear the breeze.... and that was all you could hear.

Wow I guess I've had quite the unique experience. dam_n I wish I had the video. It was a very peaceful experience.

Once in a lifetime?? We shall see ......

Edited by Randee

My friends in bangkok want the curfew to continue

why

The best dancers in the bar beers can usually get 2-3 short times every night

and after wards to the open air dinning tables on the streets, her they can pick up at least another 1 or 2

If your lucky to get a long time she wants off at 4m to do things at home, or go to work

Enter the curfew

They can not afford to be so fussy

Find a farang early or you will miss out

can not take the chance of getting short time on the street after hours

So she wants long time at a reasonable price

and she need to stay long time so no 4 am runners

Once the early morning comes she is in no hurry to get up as the bed is warm

Many beautiful ladies who have lost their jobs

So need a Farang boyfriend to help meet the expenses

Curfew

Farang never had it so good

Makes me wish I was still unattached

I love getting my oats as much as the next man. But you make it sound like it's difficult in Bkk. Like the curfew actually made it easy to get laid.

I'm really glad I'm not part of this horrible lifestyle where I look at the curfew and think, wow, many ladies will go with me 'cause they don't have time to play around. They'll stay with me the whole night because they have nowhere better to be.

Do you really repel women that much?

Really very sad.

The 1st thing I achieve from your post is the fact you can not read English

At no time did I say I was ......................

Infact the statement was, some of my friends say .... ha ha

2nd it did not say that my friends can not get a lady

the posting was about the top go dancers who are looking only for short time

The horrible lifestyle unless you're a lier is how most of us started off on our first visit

If you say you did not you must be a pure angel, so why are you in Thailand

Maybe sad or not, but reality us a larger percentage of farang come to Thailand for Fun times than those who come to post on Thai Visa

If I talked to Farang siting in a bar beer and asked them what do they think of Farang that spend there time on TV instead of being entertained by beautiful ladies

To repeat their comment would see my cut off for a long time

Like it or not they thing that they are real men and people like you ......... with your self

Yes, I can read English. I can even write it and I don't spell 'liar' as 'lier'

You said and I quote "makes me wish I was still unattached" I can only deduce from that, that you wish you could've taken advange of the curfew because these women were so desperate.

I have no problem with men paying for sex. People are free to do what they like. I would have no problem if you were 18 and you'd have written this post. But when do you actually grow-up? If you can't get laid, you pay for it. If you offer to pay and you still can't get laid, you give up. Grow old with some dignity.

I didn't just arrive here and head straight for a go-go bar. Like i said, I like sex as much as the next man. But there are certain things I won't do to achieve it.

""I was sent here by my company.""

of course the Vatican has reps all around the world .

Yes agreed! We don't all come here for sex and especially cheap sex during curfews as anyone with half a brain can get free sex anywhere using charm and carisma and you don't have to be an Adonis. Sure for really ugly overweight people it's more of a challange but so's finding a job. No curfew's going to aid you in finding the love of your life even at discount rates so my advice is go on a diet!

hey_beautiful.jpg

"charm and carisma"

:)

Yes agreed! We don't all come here for sex and especially cheap sex during curfews as anyone with half a brain can get free sex anywhere using charm and carisma and you don't have to be an Adonis. Sure for really ugly overweight people it's more of a challange but so's finding a job. No curfew's going to aid you in finding the love of your life even at discount rates so my advice is go on a diet!

hey_beautiful.jpg

"charm and carisma"

:D

hey_beautiful.jpg

"charm and carisma"

Dämn. Who hacked my Facebook account?

Nothing here on the island Koh Phangan, more people then normally this time of the year. Acctually good for our shop, because normally it's dead around this time, but no, thanks to the "reds", more farang on SAFE Koh Phangan!

But do not forget that is a big full moon weekend as well -and I am not talking about the FMP- :)

Peace of mind is not only due to farang...

Edited by lazygourmet

Oh yes my business has Government regulatory approvals in process and so it seems as they have all been delayed many months, but it's still hard to know because we can't get clear answers from anyone, but like all Govt civil servant organizations world wide this was a beauty of an excuse to do nothing and blame it all on someone else. This is costing us big time and of course it delays production and new employment etc etc etc No wonder it's so easy for the well connected few to get in and make seriously big bucks here. It's so incredibly difficult for the rest, and most of the masses have no idea nor any desire to get one...

Seen any videos of a silent trafficless Bangkok about folks ...... was thinking to head out on the bicycle at the time but didn't finally ....... be a good souvenir of an event never to be witnessed ever again ....... hopefully

No video but I've got the movie in my brain, I wish I could share it/them.

I walked from Sukhumvit 5 up to Soi 19 one night/morning at 2am

in total silence and all alone. Not a soul around. There was a cool breeze and a bit of rain but nothing much.

It was nice. You actually hear the rain pitter patter on the road and hear the breeze.... and that was all you could hear.

Wow I guess I've had quite the unique experience. dam_n I wish I had the video. It was a very peaceful experience.

Once in a lifetime?? We shall see ......

Thanks for the memory ...... clear sidewalks must have been memorable lol

Could not get my 24 hour MacDonald service even in Pattaya and Pizza C. / KFC stalso stopped delivery after 8.30 according to there websites. For the rest the 2 days we got in Pattaya was really nice, should do it more often.

The curfew affected my community badly. Things are tough for sex workers in all the curfew areas and of course much worse for the who work in Patpong. Over 500 women of Patpong registered income or job losses. Many moved to Patong and later Pattaya but customers are few and many looking for curfe discounts, the same guys who demanded tsunami discounts! Grrrr! Even though the government is depending on sex workers to bring the tourist dollars back, there is a long queue for government assistance and sex workers are probably way towards the back ... so empower has started selling tshirts and other art to build an emergency fund for the workers of Patpong. Curfew can't make us cry!

Other than a couple minutes at a traffic check point once..not at all. Was actually funny to see the expression when the window was opened..uh uh uh you have driver license..yes drivers license (in Thai) go...didn't want to see, just something to ask.

I was unable to Rock and Roll all night, just part of everyday. Went to 711 and it was closed, so yeah the curfew impacted me directly.

Thats actually the funniest part of curfew. IF you're a thai you know what im talking about, the situation goes:

Two friends start fighting, one guy say "do you want to have problem with me? (Ha reang lor)"

and the second guy say "YEah, meet might behind the 7-11 tonight at its closing time" <--jokingly thought it would never happen

All those guys who've had that situation happen before, be prepared to have the fight of your life...lol

Yes! I'm a doula (childbrith coach) & I had 2 women go into labor during curfew time. I could not get there to support them. I ended up staying up most of the night on the phone with one of them.

Both babies & moms are doing fine by the way!

That's great! So they didn't need you anyway! :)

WHAT CURFEW

why

and after wards to the open air dinning tables on the streets, her they can pick up at least another 1 or 2

If your lucky to get a long time she wants off at 4m to do things at home, or go to work

Enter the curfew

Curfew

I love getting my oats as much as the next man. But you make it sound like it's difficult in Bkk. Like the curfew actually made it easy to get laid.

I'm really glad I'm not part of this horrible lifestyle where I look at the curfew and think, wow, many ladies will go with me 'cause they don't have time to play around. They'll stay with me the whole night because they have nowhere better to be.

Really very sad.

The horrible lifestyle unless you're a lier is how most of us started off on our first visit

Maybe sad or not, but reality us a larger percentage of farang come to Thailand for Fun times than those who come to post on Thai Visa

If I talked to Farang siting in a bar beer and asked them what do they think of Farang that spend there time on TV instead of being entertained by beautiful ladies

Like it or not they thing that they are real men and people like you ......... with your self

Yes, I can read English. I can even write it and I don't spell 'liar' as 'lier'

You said and I quote "makes me wish I was still unattached" I can only deduce from that, that you wish you could've taken advange of the curfew because these women were so desperate.

I have no problem with men paying for sex. People are free to do what they like. I would have no problem if you were 18 and you'd have written this post. But when do you actually grow-up? If you can't get laid, you pay for it. If you offer to pay and you still can't get laid, you give up. Grow old with some dignity.

I was sent here by my company. I didn't just arrive here and head straight for a go-go bar. Like i said, I like sex as much as the next man. But there are certain things I won't do to achieve it.

My crime is miss spelling

For this I am Guilty

You said and I quote "makes me wish I was still unattached"

Gee if you have never seen a good looking lady and never thought this, I pity you

Men do not pay for sex in Thailand

They pay for companionship

ha ha the Government tell me this is true ha ha

If you can't get laid, you pay for it. If you offer to pay and you still can't get laid, you give up. Grow old with some dignity.

As you get older you will learn one thing in life

Every man pays for sex, one way or another

Any man who has gone through divorce court will tell you this

Sorry to hear you have never enjoyed a go go bar, Bar Beer etc.

Guess it must just be me, when in Rome do what the Romans do

For you memoirs

I have a beautiful Thai wife and a Beautiful baby between us

But she understands I still like to look

why

Enter the curfew

Curfew

I remember after the tet offensive in Saigon in 1968, the authorities set a 9pm curfew, and the same thing happened, bar ladies were looking for any port in the storm. at very reasonable rates I should add.. sometimes just the cost of a good meal. :) I kept three ladies in my apartment building fed on px runs.. they were very grateful.

According to Rkidlad, you must be a frustrated old man who can not find a lady

According to me, You used the occasion and made it work for you

You and I know you where just trying to help them financialy

You are Jai Dee (Good Heart)

why

Enter the curfew

Curfew

Really very sad.

He has my utmost deepest sympathy being "attatched" though :D ...... :) ...... :D

Looking is okay (Eye Candy)

But I do not want to wake up while she has a knife in her hand, with a part of me I am very attached to :D:D:D

No effect on me at all. I live in Pattaya, which got a special waiver. It really only affected one night, after that life was back to normal, you would never have imagined that the rest of the country was on lockdown.

I was a bit worried when my wife drove me to the airport for an early morning flight, thinking the police might stop us. (I had read that foreigners in taxis would not be hassled, but private cars...?) In the event, there was no police presence on the highways at all.

Glad to read that the curfew is over.

why

Enter the curfew

Curfew

Really very sad.

I really hope this is a troll. Because, if you are serious, you are a pretty pathetic case.

Crazy driving on motorways in the evening as everyone raced home.

Traffic jams on other roads

As I work over 100 km from where I live any evening work went out of the window as I had to set off home or my customers were too scared to risk a breach of curfew in one area or another.

Colleagues went absent

local shops not getting deliveries in the morning

....and that's just off the top of my head

Yes, I was affected in the most serious way by the curfew in Nakhon pathom, where I may add NOTHING HAPPENED, at all, ever ..but it's a neighbouring province to BKK, so that's that, our bad, and curfew applies :D

The big effect one night was my run up to the local 'mubaan shop', dam_n didn't look at the time 9.00 PM sharp ....noooooo, local mom pop shut, family mart shut, 7 11 shut, everything shut (yup they took it seriously here in my bit of town) .....result NO BEER :D:D:D

But hey look at the glass 'half full' (in my case empty LOL), the Thai gov. saved me from becoming a drunk ...thx Thai gov. :)

well, i was meant to fly to bangkok to start my trip around SEA but then, i bought a ticket out of bangkok to KL when I heard of all the trouble, curfews etc. so how it affected me is that it messed up my plans and made me spend more money!!

so lifting of the curfew is a good thing right? does that mean things are slowly returning back to normal?

How about the state of emergencies. is that also lifted.

I hope not for a while to control the movements of protesters

Might not be a bad idea to actually read the news article before you post :)

No effect on me personally but have noticed the effect on others who live in my village and the surroundiing area, people back in the village because their places of work had closed down and taxi drivers back as no work and difficult to get about in BKK.