Tourist Visa Extension

Rather than starting a new thread perhaps I could add my query here as the OP seems to have had a satisfactory response.

My next trip will be my first non standard 30 day stay.

My plan is to stay mid Sept to mid Dec (3 months), go home (UK) for a month & return mid Jan to mid April (3 months).

According to info here I have the option of tourist visa single entry (60 days + 30 day extension) then same again in Jan.

As tourist visa charges (£28) have been waived with service charge (£15) instead, are back to back 90 day visas feasible with

a month gap between ?

My other option is tourist visa with double entry (54£ with validity of 6 months).

I have read a post here recently that the 6 month validity covers the period from first entry to second entry dates ?

so mid Sept to mid April would be covered with this type of visa ?

The cost of the different visas is not an issue but the viability of my plan is.

Am I missing something here or is a double entry tourist visa the right way to go for my scenario ?

I welcome any comments from the experts on here

many thanks :)

There should not be any charge for a single entry tourist visa from an official Thai Consulate (other than mail - honorary Consulates may use the service fee tactic).

Visa validity starts from day of issue and expiration date is clearly marked on the visa at that time.

I would obtain single entry before trip and during return obtain the second single entry.

Rather than starting a new thread perhaps I could add my query here as the OP seems to have had a satisfactory response.

My next trip will be my first non standard 30 day stay.

My plan is to stay mid Sept to mid Dec (3 months), go home (UK) for a month & return mid Jan to mid April (3 months).

According to info here I have the option of tourist visa single entry (60 days + 30 day extension) then same again in Jan.

As tourist visa charges (£28) have been waived with service charge (£15) instead, are back to back 90 day visas feasible with

a month gap between ?

My other option is tourist visa with double entry (54£ with validity of 6 months).

I have read a post here recently that the 6 month validity covers the period from first entry to second entry dates ?

so mid Sept to mid April would be covered with this type of visa ?

The cost of the different visas is not an issue but the viability of my plan is.

Am I missing something here or is a double entry tourist visa the right way to go for my scenario ?

I welcome any comments from the experts on here

many thanks :)

As you are coming twice, why not just get a one year multi entry non immigrant "O" by post from the Hull Consulate. It costs around 100 Pounds. If you come with a tourist visa and extend both times, that will cost you close to 80 Pounds for the extensions. With the multi entry you will get 90 days stay with each entry.

It would also give you a lot more freedom to adjust your plans ( as so often happens) and should you decide to make an extra trip before your visa expires, you will already have it.

Thanks Loong & Lopburi3 for that good info.

More to ponder over :)

I appreciate both your replies

roger007

You're welcome Roger.

Seriously, a UK citizen is lucky to have the Hull Consulate. A 1 year Multi entry "O" is ideal for you. Overall it's cheaper. You don't have to go to immigration to extend and you can enter Thailand as many times as you like during the year and get 90 days every time.

• 6 months later...

There should not be any charge for a single entry tourist visa from an official Thai Consulate (other than mail - honorary Consulates may use the service fee tactic).

Visa validity starts from day of issue and expiration date is clearly marked on the visa at that time.

I would obtain single entry before trip and during return obtain the second single entry.

Can anyone advice with situation of double entry tourist visa but with only 90 days validity! I got double entry visa before arriving to Thailand with understanding its valid for 180 days. Validity is clearly on many websites (including Thai Embassy UK) that double entry has 180 days, 90 days is only for single entry.

But, yes there is a but..... For what ever reason (mistake?) only got 90 days of validity on my double entry visa.

I only found that out on the day at the border getting back to Thailand and was told - sorry its expired. I was told that expiration date on visa is only for the first entry (so dont worry about the second as you have 180 days validity...). my first visa + 30 days extension is beyond the 90 days date on visa meant that second entry is automatically invalid. Yes I should have know but then again many officials have seen my visa and all has been ok, dont worry and all.. =)

Anyways now I'm in Thailand with only 15 days I got getting here on land when I really need the 60 days! What to do? Reccon there is any chance with immigration office in Thailand to sort this out without me having to leave Thailand? Or should I just give up and go straight to get another tourist visa overseas?

Any advice appreciated!

where do you go to get the extension? i have checked 2 previous threads and found two different locations. The one on chaengwattana soi 7 and the one close to lumpini station?

Can u use either? if so which one is likey to be quieter? i will be heading out there quite soon today.