Shipping By Post Office

Kf6vci

Today, I was wandering around the Luksi complex. Acres and acres of Thailand Post buildings... Then the logistics hall with dozens of ramps and hundreds of bikes.

Draining the fuel means the employees never need to frequent fuel stations? :D

I keep hearing they have similar practices in some garages.

Q: can you recommend a battery charger / jumper cables and something (like a lotion) for the plastic parts?

What about starter fluid one can spray into the air filter? Don't think I can buy Aether here. (The staff is smoking on the jobs - it would give an amazing fireball even if the bottle is open and 5 meters away. Ask how I know this).

they leave the scooters alone - not enough fuel to bother syphoning it off? :)

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thaiparcels i have been dealing with for a while now...they either drain the fuel but also advise in advance to bring the bike with as low fuel ( or empty) as possible before shipping a motorcycle, due to their safety regulations. I find this quite the right doing...

happy trails,

Tiger/sachs Club - Mbox

Our mate LivinLOS kindly sent a bike up to me here in Chiang Mai from Phuket recently and indeed, there was no petrol in it when I picked it up from the local PO - luckily I thought to bring a can.

Cost was about 2500B (for a Honda 750) and it took about a week door to door. Compare that with the cost of flying down, 4 days accommodation & juice (for me & the bike) and the boredom of mindlessly ploughing north on the highway and it's a nobrainer. Thanks again LivinLOS! :)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Our mate LivinLOS kindly sent a bike up to me here in Chiang Mai from Phuket recently and indeed, there was no petrol in it when I picked it up from the local PO - luckily I thought to bring a can.

Cost was about 2500B (for a Honda 750) and it took about a week door to door. Compare that with the cost of flying down, 4 days accommodation & juice (for me & the bike) and the boredom of mindlessly ploughing north on the highway and it's a nobrainer. Thanks again LivinLOS! :)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Not a bother, not thanks required.. You more than helped me when you had never met me and I am betting I am not the first person whose benefited from your help.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Not a bother, not thanks required.. You more than helped me when you had never met me and I am betting I am not the first person whose benefited from your help.

Not a prob mate. You were in my neck of the woods and I had local knowledge & facilities and you didn't. I'm happy to help any biker or "motorcycle enthusiast" riding any make or style of bike (who doesn't come across as a complete <deleted>) at anytime. That's the way I was brought up and I hope that the "newer" generation of riders feel the same.

Cheers,

Pikey.