Thai PM Abhisit Under Fire Over Deadly Crackdown

webfact

On the subject of us Thaksin apologists and stooges, has anyone actually met him? I have, sort-of and very briefly, at the free gig he put on in Manchester shortly after he took over Manchester City FC. It was a tough one because I *%@#in' hate the Blue Noses and *%@#in' hate Thaksin even more. But we were in Manc at the time and my wife wanted to see Mai and Lydia, who were singing that day. Most of the Thais present were obviously in awe of Thaksin, and when he took his seat on the VIP terrace they were queuing up for his autograph. My wife isn't a political person, but wanted Thaksin's autograph for posterity and because he's famous (though she prefers her Michelle Wie-autographed golf visor), so we stood in line. One thing that surprised me was how aloof he was. He just sat there with a perma-smile, signing stuff. I never once saw him utter so much as a word to any of his admirers. Anyway, I didn't take any of the free food but we did stay for the show, which was worth it just for the comic entertainment of Thaksin crooning the Blue Nose anthem 'Blue Moon' at the end of the gig. So I suppose I can admit to having accepted Thaksins coin in taking advantage of his hospitality . C'mon Yoshi, fill yer boots.

Just thought if we're going to stay offtopic we might as well have a bit of variety :D .

Well, I guess you've proved you're human after all  :D .

A cute and clever diversion from you usual mantras, but just not a really well done or hardly convincing one.<snip>

Eh??? You're thinking too much as usual. You seem to be assuming that everybody else is employing complex forum strategies like you :D .

Complex strategies??? Ahh, I see you're back to usual form after only a brief attempted diversion. :D

So tell us, what did Thaksin have for breakfast today? Does he have Thai food shipped in daily or what? Give us the scoop.  :)

Inquiring minds want to know.  :D:D

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Abhisit was damned if he ended it, and damned if he let it drag on. He showed patience and demonstrated attempts to reason.

Thaksin will not stop until Thailand is his toy again, or until it is destroyed so no others can play with his toy. He's acting like a spoiled brat kid. God help Thailand if they give Thailand back to Thaksin.

Abhisit was damned when he took on the PM job in such contrived and compromised circumstances. He should have left this section of the tragic soap opera to Suthep, who would be no great loss to Thai politics. Now Abhisit is far more compromised to his mentors than when he started. What a waste.

On the subject of us Thaksin apologists and stooges, has anyone actually met him? I have, sort-of and very briefly, at the free gig he put on in Manchester shortly after he took over Manchester City FC. It was a tough one because I *%@#in' hate the Blue Noses and *%@#in' hate Thaksin even more. But we were in Manc at the time and my wife wanted to see Mai and Lydia, who were singing that day. Most of the Thais present were obviously in awe of Thaksin, and when he took his seat on the VIP terrace they were queuing up for his autograph. My wife isn't a political person, but wanted Thaksin's autograph for posterity and because he's famous (though she prefers her Michelle Wie-autographed golf visor), so we stood in line. One thing that surprised me was how aloof he was. He just sat there with a perma-smile, signing stuff. I never once saw him utter so much as a word to any of his admirers. Anyway, I didn't take any of the free food but we did stay for the show, which was worth it just for the comic entertainment of Thaksin crooning the Blue Nose anthem 'Blue Moon' at the end of the gig. So I suppose I can admit to having accepted Thaksins coin in taking advantage of his hospitality . C'mon Yoshi, fill yer boots.

Just thought if we're going to stay offtopic we might as well have a bit of variety :D .

Well, I guess you've proved you're human after all  :D .

A cute and clever diversion from you usual mantras, but just not a really well done or hardly convincing one.<snip>

Eh??? You're thinking too much as usual. You seem to be assuming that everybody else is employing complex forum strategies like you :D .

Complex strategies??? Ahh, I see you're back to usual form after only a brief attempted diversion. :D

So tell us, what did Thaksin have for breakfast today? Does he have Thai food shipped in daily or what? Give us the scoop.  :)

Inquiring minds want to know.  :D:D

You can insert as many smileys as you want. They can't disguise the fact that you're quite bonkers.

Siam Simon, your smileys and mine are quite different, opposite and in direct contrast.

They're sort of like Thaksin and Abhisit who according to you guys was a six week PM from back in late 2008. Abhisit presently is strong, not just stronger than previously, but flat out strong. Not Suthep nor anyone else could have stepped up to the plate (as in baseball) to do the job Abhisit has managed to do. Yes, a Suthep as PM would have been driven out in short order and you would have been pleased, but it was Abhisit who took on the job because he fundamentally is the only person in the country who could engineer his way through the treacherous terrain to his present position of clear strength. His coalition government deserves the opportunity to right the country. 

So now to calm and settle the country while Thaksin undertakes his newest mad pursuit, to extend and expand his meglomania on the world and world opinion, which the egomaniac can only lose. Sarkozy already has evicted Thaksin from France which historically has granted political exile to almost anyone, but Thaksin is now beyond the pale there too. I hope Thaksin can get to spend ten minutes each with Germany's Merkle and Britain's Cameron so they too can witness the lunatic in the flesh. Likewise concerning other prominent leaders of leading countries.

The sooner Thaksin exposes himself to the international community, the better for Thailand. Imagine Thaksin and Amsterdam crashing some global conference chasing after and babbling on at Obama  :D   :)  .

Edited by Publicus

Who is "you guys" and where did I state that Abhisit was a six week PM? It's obvious that he'll be PM and compromised to his eyeballs for as long as his controllers want him to be. But it could have been so different for him had he been patient.

Who is "you guys" and where did I state that Abhisit was a six week PM? It's obvious that he'll be PM and compromised to his eyeballs for as long as his controllers want him to be. But it could have been so different for him had he been patient.

My my, so defensive. Try offering some patience to Abhisit instead of making apologies for Thaksin the terrorist arsonist of Bangkok.

But it could have been so different for him had he been patient.

The PM was amazingly patient - too patient - but he could not let a bunch of squatters disrupt life and ruin business in Bangkok indefinitely. The protesters forced his hand and then whined about the results.

The PM was amazingly patient - too patient - but he could not let a bunch of squatters disrupt life and ruin business in Bangkok indefinitely. The protesters forced his hand and then whined about the results.

Exactly. The PM did a great job in cleaning up those squatters, sure some 'sacrifices' needed to be made but thats the price you have to pay for national reconcilliation I suppose. Personally, I dont care how many 'sacrifices' needs to be made, as long as the PM does whatever is neccessary to remain in power and keep Thaksin out, then he can be Mr Mugabe for all I care. Abhisit is doing such a great job, he probably doesn't even need to have elections anytime soon, he just needs find a few more les magesty charges to slap on his political opponents, supress the media, pass a new law to retroactively ban the 111 for another 5 years and even if he does lose elections, he can just get his mates in high places to ban the ruling party again and if all that fails, roll in the tanks and put him in charge again.... of a fresh "national reconcilliation governement".

Abhisit is making Thaksin look like an amatur. :)

Exactly. The PM did a great job in cleaning up those squatters, sure some 'sacrifices' needed to be made but thats the price you have to pay for national reconcilliation I suppose. Personally, I dont care how many 'sacrifices' needs to be made, as long as the PM does whatever is neccessary to remain in power and keep Thaksin out, then he can be Mr Mugabe for all I care. Abhisit is doing such a great job, he probably doesn't even need to have elections anytime soon, he just needs find a few more les magesty charges to slap on his political opponents, supress the media, pass a new law to retroactively ban the 111 for another 5 years and even if he does lose elections, he can just get his mates in high places to ban the ruling party again and if all that fails, roll in the tanks and put him in charge again.... of a fresh "national reconcilliation governement".

I'm guessing some sort of new directive must have been issued a week or so back because a lot of you Thaksin reddies at the same time, suddenly started writing witless sarcastic posts.

I'm guessing some sort of new directive must have been issued a week or so back because a lot of you Thaksin reddies at the same time, suddenly started writing witless sarcastic posts.

Have also noticed this, everywhere - not just on TVF.

Understandable really when the movement is completely lacking in any shining moments of credibility.

Yesterday Thaksin sent a Twitter msg blaming the arson attacks on none other than Newin. This was slightly believable last year owing to the comparatively small amount of time the attacks occurred when compared to this. This time however there's much evidence to suggest the whole thing was premeditated by the reds - more lies from the movement's spiritual liar.

The directive was issued months ago, when my hero Abhisit started blocking all websites that expressed critical views of his government.

But im just a normal anti-red supporter like yourself. :D

Yesterday Thaksin sent a Twitter msg blaming the arson attacks on none other than Newin. This was slightly believable last year owing to the comparatively small amount of time the attacks occurred when compared to this. This time however there's much evidence to suggest the whole thing was premeditated by the reds - more lies from the movement's spiritual liar.

Actually there is evidence that it was Thaksin himself that lit the fire. :)

... which still sounds more believable than blaming it on Newin's lot.

No, Newin would never do something sneaky like that :D

12394341931239434366l.jpg

Edited by somchaibob

No, Newin would never do something sneaky like that :D

12394341931239434366l.jpg

Exhibit D - Two blokes on a bike. Overwhelming. Newin was clearly behind the lot.

If Phua Thai have really stopped supporting Jeff Savage I'm sure we can expect a few more "confessions" from him regarding who was behind it...

Abhisit is making Thaksin look like an amatur. :D

Abhisit does indeed make Thaksin look like an amateur. That probably is because he is concerned with improving the whole country, rather than lining his own pockets. :)

Spot on as usual. But lets just ignore the pending corruption case against his party for the moment, the way Abhisit is concerned with improving the whole country by silencing, jailing, harrassing and killing his political opponents is a truely remarkable display of national reconcilliation :D

Understandable really when the movement is completely lacking in any shining moments of credibility.

Did he? send that twitter message yesterday, blaming Newin?

What did he wrote exactly, do you have a link? what is Thaksin twitter channel?

Check it on this site if you want.

True-dat.

Really wondering vodcast from ANU discussing the detials of the army involvement. The military expert's comments about the professionalism of the Thai army uniits deployed is quite a contrast from many comments made here in recent weeks.

Ah, spoken like a true lawyer. "Did you see him do it?", "Can you remember the exact words in their correct order?", "Are you sure this was Thaksin's primary twitter channel?", "Here are the binary representations of 3 twitter channel addresses, can you identify which is Thaksin's?".

Judge, please strike the testimony of this witness.

Ah, spoken like a true lawyer. "Did you see him do it?", "Can you remember the exact words in their correct order?", "Are you sure this was Thaksin's primary twitter channel?", "Here are the binary representations of 3 twitter channel addresses, can you identify which is Thaksin's?".

Yep, i would like to read that at its original source and what he exactly wrote. If the claim above its true, this information should be easy to provide.

My my, so defensive. Try offering some patience to Abhisit instead of making apologies for Thaksin the terrorist arsonist of Bangkok.

Yes, that's right. Any critique of the current government is clearly an attempt to apologise for Thaksin. Anyway, at least we've ascertained that the Dems aren't paying you guys by the word: You've suddenly learned how to make short posts, Which, in your particular case has to be a huge bonus :) .

sp

Edited by Siam Simon

Yep, i would like to read that at its original source and what he exactly wrote. If the claim above its true, this information should be easy to provide.

http://twitter.com/Thaksinlive

Abhisit does indeed make Thaksin look like an amateur. That probably is because he is concerned with improving the whole country, rather than lining his own pockets. :)

Abhisit is concerned with improving the whole country by silencing, jailing, harrassing and killing his political opponents is a truely remarkable display of national reconcilliation

Isn't that how most govenments would deal with violent insurgents who have ruined many lives and many businesses and burned down a great deal of private and public property? :D

Abhisit does indeed make Thaksin look like an amateur. That probably is because he is concerned with improving the whole country, rather than lining his own pockets. ;)

Abhisit is concerned with improving the whole country by silencing, jailing, harrassing and killing his political opponents is a truely remarkable display of national reconcilliation

Isn't that how most govenments would deal with violent insurgents who have ruined many lives and many businesses and burned down a great deal of private and public property? ;)

who did actually all the burning downs?

and didn't came that after all the killings and silencing?

Killing opponents of the government or protesters, well governments like the one in Myanmar do this. That isn't exactly a government that act like 'the most governments'.

True-dat.

Abhisit was patient -- and then was patient some more. The issue at some point becaomes simply how long do you exhibit patience to a group of armed insurrectionists led by a corrupt criminal ex-PM --- How long do you let those criminals in the street damage Thailand? Hanging out at PanFa bridge without bombs and guns and tires to burn would have been one thing. Occupying a major section of downtown BKK, interfering with businesses, hospitals, and the daily lives of residents in the area is another thing entirely.

(and no .. the "yellows" are not part of this discussion.