Indy 6mb Vs Premier 3mb

lungbing

At the moment I am on the Premier 3 Mb package at a cost of 1090 baht plus VAT.

But for 1000 baht plus VAT I could get the 6 MB Indy package.

It looks like twice the download speed for slighly less money, but of course it can't be that simple.

By the way, the slower upload speed is not important to me.

So what gives? Any advice please?

If it helps I'm in Khon Kaen. (if it doesn't help I'm still there)

Thank you.

I'm on a TOT package, can't provide any hard comparions stats, but I would like to recommend you wait for feedback on how the international bandwidth/speed compares between Premier and Indy as I assume you want to reach out as fast as possible past Thailand's borders in your internet access. If the premier package gives 2Mb international speed (it may give less or more...I don't know) but the Indy package gives 1Mb international speed (it may give less or more...I don't know), and most of your web site visiting is to international web sites, then you will only save a few baht while losing some serious internaitonal speed. Hopefully you get some plentiful feedback from folks who have used/are currently on Premier/Indy, and best of all, folks who have tried both packages over the last year. Good luck.

Edited by Pib

In my experience, the Indy package sucks big time; had nothing but bad experience during the four years I used this package. International bandwidth and share ratio are a joke and when testing speed with servers in Europe, it was always came to less then 24% of the supposed bandwidth.

The Premier package has proven to be a much more stable solution with a great International experience.