Nature

soohk

13 minutes ago, Mousehound said:

A caterpillar of the Nymphalidae group of butterflies.  And, to be pedantic not a bug,.  Think I would have sacrifices a few leaves of a rose in exchange for a stunning butterfly. 

No, never again: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/371722-nature/?page=62#comment-9735564

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ron19 said:

DSC07699.JPG

Lovely shot showing the wide separation of antenna on the head and turned back and clubbed terminal blobs on the ends which are typical Hesperiidae.  There are some three hundred species in this group found in Thailand.  Many look alike.  This may be Caltoris bromus bromus - The Extra -spot Swift which has a wide distribution across SE Asia but has been recorded in Chiang Mai.  It is uncommon in Thailand.

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 11:16 PM, rhythmworx said:

just snip a few leaves off Jetset and put it in a big jar with holes in the lid.

Think of the photo opportunities as it hatches and also the good karma of releasing it and letting it fly off.

Never thought of that! Too late now I'm afraid sad.gif But if I see another, I'll give it a go  smile.gif

21 minutes ago, samuijimmy said:

Not common to see squirrels on Samui, but one of my neighbours has a dozen or so hopping from tree to tree...

They move fast to get a picture.! Just got this! 

There were quite a few garok in the trees around our resort on Lamai Beach when we were there Jim.

Curious little characters!

On 10/18/2016 at 10:38 AM, samuijimmy said:

Not common to see squirrels on Samui, but one of my neighbours has a dozen or so hopping from tree to tree...

They move fast to get a picture.! Just got this! 

IMG_8558.jpg

In a Wat not far from Sawang Daen Din there are many squirrels;

the bouddhas feed them with vegetables at the foot of a big tree; it's easier to shoot some photos when they come for eating .

I shall come there again, - when the door on the main rd is open, of course , and will try to have beautiful shots .

Thanks for this one Jimmy .

Order has been placed for the new EM1 mark ii , single image @ 2.8 was good in a previous lifetime , stacked in camera will be so much of a benefit when the subject has a tendency to move without warning.

The game is about to be lifted ......

30398914791_f1c45d3843_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived