Nature

soohk

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/5/2013 at 10:29 AM, Bill3173 said:

Charlie.

I must apologize, it seems I misinterpreted your post. Yes the photo was taken outside of Thailand and I am fully aware of the guideline “related to Thailand”; hence why I asked in my first post if it was appropriate if I posted. Maybe the mods should change it to “taken in Thailand”. I posted the Wallaby pics as I thought members might find it interesting with the joey in the pouch.

I will reframe from posting any more nature photos until I have some from within Thailand. (Personally I can’t see how nature can be contained within borders).

In the meantime thank you to those who showed interest in my posts. Since posting here I can now appreciate the time and effort some of you put into your photography.

Why don't you post in WIDE WORLD folder? Would love to see your pictures. The Superb Fairy-Wren, one of my favourite birds in Australia

• 2 weeks later...

ALBIZIA SAMAN

Family: Fabaceae

Synonym: Samanea saman, Enterolobium saman, Inga saman, Mimosa saman, Pithecellobium saman

Common name: Rain Tree, Monkeypod

CO2 Sequestration

According to a research conducted at the School of Forestry of the Bogor Agricultural Institute, Indonesia, a mature tree with a crown diameter measuring 15 meters absorbed 28.5 tons of CO2 annually.

7 photo's

450D-3144-09_12_2008 verbeterd 1024x1280.jpgPicture 271.jpg fs 1280x1400.jpg

• 1 month later...

Safari World, Bangkok

Controversy

There has been controversy about Safari World due to the keeping and treatment of animals in the zoo. Their operation came under much international scrutiny when their treatment of animals, particularly, orangutans and elephants,and keeping lion and tiger cubs in cramped cages for taking photos with. The treatment of Orangutans came under the attention of Jim and Allison Cronin, founders of Monkey World and avid animal rights campaigners and other animal rights groups such as PETA, as well as being featured in a 2013 episode of the British animal rescue show Wildlife SOS for this reason.

20080331_3381 fs small.jpg

Archived