Nature

soohk

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During and after dinner, and some storks!
Laem Phak Bia Environment Research Development Project - Petchaburi 

This is a great place for catching wildlife shots, especially waterfowl, not very far from Bangkok.

monitor1.jpg

monitor2.jpg

storks.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love em to bits.theres an old story about the us army in vietnam
They used to call them Fxxk you lizards because of the call they made !
My friend tried to pet one and didn't realise they have sharp teeth !
Every time they call from the nxt house i respond with the tookay sound they make.(a few drinks obviously) my mother in law thinks I'm nuts [emoji38]

A Millipede with Lots of Legs: Termed the Illacme tobini, this critter has 414 legs. It also grows several new legs during its lifetime. The insect is shaped like a thread and has no eyes. (and a very hard top)

DSC00983.JPG

Squirrel in my garden.

We have a pair that lives up in one of the trees, looks like they are nesting, stealing our mango's, little buggers. No it's okay, like to have them around, watching them skillfully moving around up in the tress or on the electric cables when they go on food hunting elsewhere in the village. 

DSCF1315.JPG-4.thumb.jpg.e95b030e215ddcf56f891481156000f1.jpg

Hi ,does anyone know if there are flying squirrels in Thailand ?
The dog was wagging his tail with his paws on the tree last night,so i pointed the torch up the tree and spotted a cute animal.
Next thing it was several metres away ,near our cooking spot.
It certainly wasn't a rat.have been on line and the nearest thing i could find was this photo- cheers IMG_2763.JPG

Can you give us the name of this bug ? - Olympus TG 860 ;
it's a very little animal, 3 mm long

No crop
34740984840_b51d0025b7_b.jpg

Crop
34962903192_769661d6c4_b.jpg

Not sure ,but great photo
It almost looks like its from another world !

4 hours ago, KC 71 said:

Hi ,does anyone know if there are flying squirrels in Thailand ?
The dog was wagging his tail with his paws on the tree last night,so i pointed the torch up the tree and spotted a cute animal.
Next thing it was several metres away ,near our cooking spot.
It certainly wasn't a rat.have been on line and the nearest thing i could find was this photo- cheers IMG_2763.JPG

Not sure if they're classified as flying or not but they leap from tree to tree and are very quick in Chiang Mai.  I was enjoying dinner at a restaurant right next to a waterfall which the owner says was his, even though I don't believe it's possible to own a waterfall in Thailand, but TIT.

These guys were daredevils sometimes leaping (or flying) several meters, you'd almost have to have a trigger system rigged to capture a photo of one.

Archived