Forum Issues And Suggestions

sbk

ISSUE:

Also, there is no indication of who's reading a topic, as there used to be on the old version. I used to find that quite useful.

Absolutely, may we have the list of who currently reads the thread back please

Missing it too.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Kan, other members report this <snip>.

It is visible for me regardless of which browser I use.

Hi 'sbk',

Any chance of a sneak preview then ?

Sawadee :)

Hi Kan

I test the forum with 6 browsers and this is how it looks in all of them:

post-94351-027067300 1276049532_thumb.jp

But I will try today and play around with different IE7 versions and see if I can get the divider to not show.

Hi 'tomat',

Looks great.

I wish we all could see it like that. Looking forwards :D in days to come.

Thanking you for all your hard work to date.

Sawadee :D

ok, after 183 posts i can't see this issue pointed at:

after i click on reply, if i click on the "Use Full Editor" the page change in "Error 404, page not found" and the system log me out too so i have to re-login....

Edit (so i can see if this option is ok too :) ):

I agree with the other members that to see the list of active users currently reading the thread was a nice thing, plus that other option to login as "invisible" was a crazy thing because other users were able to see you anyway, but with your name in a different color(light gray?), so either make it work or take it off, thank you.

Edited by surayu

ISSUE:

Also, there is no indication of who's reading a topic, as there used to be on the old version. I used to find that quite useful.

Absolutely, may we have the list of who currently reads the thread back please

Missing it too.

I agree with the other members that to see the list of active users currently reading the thread was a nice thing, plus that other option to login as "invisible" was a crazy thing because other users were able to see you anyway, but with your name in a different color(light gray?), so either make it work or take it off, thank you.

Like on the old forum this feature can and will be turned on and off depending on the loads of the servers. Right now the servers are still busy running a heap of update scripts, so the CPUs can use the extra juice they get by having this feature turned off.

ok, after 183 posts i can't see this issue pointed at:

after i click on reply, if i click on the "Use Full Editor" the page change in "Error 404, page not found" and the system log me out too so i have to re-login....

What exactly should I do to reproduce this error?

I tried 'activating' the fast reply editor in the bottom of the topic view page, once it loaded I pressed the "Use Full Editor" button and the usual full reply page comes up.

Is this what you meant?

Which browser are you using?

Like on the old forum this feature can and will be turned on and off depending on the loads of the servers. Right now the servers are still busy running a heap of update scripts, so the CPUs can use the extra juice they get by having this feature turned off.

When the list is back, will it be able to update real-time using AJAX (or similar)? Would be good if it could. :)

Which browser are you using?

IE 8, yes that's what i was doing, i did try again on a few different threads, in some it worked straight away and in some others i have been logged out, now for the first time i have been logged out by just trying to access a thread, also the "get new content" is only getting the new content since my last visit but doesn't show me all content i haven't read yet as i choose on the settings, well i guess we just have to wait a few days to see everything back to normal :)

New forum looks nice, I like it.

I'm reading it from my iPhone. And cannot see any avators (pictures) unless they belong to a Mod! Any reason for this? I can see them when I am reading TV on my pc.

Also while browsing from my phone I cannot see my assistant so cannot get in to change my settings. It may just be me so will say sorry now just in case.

Everything else I think is great and easier to use plus it does not look as messy as the old one.

Well done and thanks

I have already asked this and, though not 100% sure, don't think that it has been answered--to be correct I have got fed up checking through all the pages;

Issue---toolbar is still displaying topics started before 'the great upgrade'--what to do?

Issue---anytime I click any topic or reply to my browser locks up until Thaivisa has finished--why? What to do?

Not being too nerdy--could you explain why this upgrade, which one assumes is supposed to improve things [ although not sure what was wrong before--seemed fine to me] is causing so much grief--if it ain't broke why attempt to fix it?

Incidentally, I am still about 50 postings down from real total after your last great upgrade but that didn't hurt at all--this one makes me want to remove toolbar and wait a couple of months before using TV again.

First of all, I received nothing at all from TV for a few days after the upgrade, and when I visited the site from my Favories folder, I had to sign up again for the daily 'Today's Best Thaivisa Topics'. Could that possibly mean that I will be regarded as a 'New Member' making my first post?

I now have exactly the same problem as Surfrider. After receiving today's topics, I have found that every one of them directs me to the Forum page, and I cannot find any of these topics there.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

GeorgeO

Issue ;

Please reinstall the drop down menu,in which you can choose which forum you want to read next,at the bottom of the "new content" page.

Please also reinstall the "go to top" button below every post.What is the use of having it only at the bottom of the page?

On the old board it was impossible to miss a pm. It came up in the middle of the screen and could be seen accross the room. The new board just updates the very tiny 0 next to the 5 point word "messenger".

SUGGESTION

Reinstate the old display of PMs

Firefox: log in, go to a forum (e.g., CNX), open a thread, and a black box fills the top 2/3 of the screen below the tabs. The specific thread appears below it. The box does not appear until I open a thread (i.e., the forum index is not covered).

The scroll bar is not covered. I can scroll down and see/read everything except the top of the posting.

This started with the new format. This does not happen in I.E.

post-51749-061327100 1276133902_thumb.jp

Issue: In the old format there was a key at the bottom of the page indicating the meaning of the various symbols of each thread (a red cross inside a box for closed topic, a padlock for locked topic Etc..). Whilst not a must have feature it was sometimes useful. Is it coming back or has it been deemed unecessary?

BTW, the rest of TV is indeed looking much "Cleaner" than it used to.

ISSUE:

The family forum often require a bit longer replies so I often write in Word, then copy and paste. Check Father'S Thai Name Needs Certified Translation For Birth? - Thailand Forum

I saw absolutely nothing strange in Word and absolitely nothing in the editor after I had pasted it in either. But after save, this strange thing comes up... .

<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

Edited by MikeyIdea

Issue: In the old format there was a key at the bottom of the page indicating the meaning of the various symbols of each thread (a red cross inside a box for closed topic, a padlock for locked topic Etc..). Whilst not a must have feature it was sometimes useful. Is it coming back or has it been deemed unecessary?

Still there, just click on any forum (not topic) and it is at the bottom.

post-566-096322300 1276135544_thumb.jpg

SUGGESTION:

Noticed that the little + and - symbols that were next to each post have disappeared now, has that feature been disabled? Will they be put back at any stage? Personally, I think it would be a nice little feature if they were added back in again. :)

ISSUE: - not a new one though

I often write in Word, then copy and paste. I see absolutely nothing strange in Word and absolitely nothing in the editor after I paste it in either. But there are double line feeds everywhere after save making posts twice as long as they should be. I see other posters who also have the same issue

ISSUE: - not a new one though

I often write in Word, then copy and paste. I see absolutely nothing strange in Word and absolitely nothing in the editor after I paste it in either. But there are double line feeds everywhere after save making posts twice as long as they should be. I see other posters who also have the same issue

Set the forum editor to basic mode, or better: use Notepad instead of Word

What is the point of posting Issues and suggestions if they are not answered?

We only have so many hands :)

Instead of answering your post, the time was spent on implementing the 'go to top' button (left side under every post).

What is the point of posting Issues and suggestions if they are not answered?

We only have so many hands :)

Instead of answering your post, the time was spent on implementing the 'go to top' button (left side under every post).

Sorry didn't want to be insistent it was just that I posted it 3 days earlier also but didn't get any aknowledging of it.

Thanks for returning that button,now if you fix the drop down menu in the new content page also then I will be a happy man and not bother you again. :D