Thaksin Slams Anupong For Crackdown On Red Shirts

webfact

sticking to the facts not a stronghold of the Thaksin haters.

Guess it is their different education that separates Thaksin haters at this board from other members.

mazeltof - I would like to hear your opinion about the facts around if Thaksin did call in to the stage at Ratchaprasong or not, the facts around if the red leaders at Ratchaprasong did instigate burning or not, the facts around if the red leaders at Ratchaprasong planned burning or not

I work at Central World, I heard it: Did you also hear that?

What about the facts around if the reds had stock piled cooking cas tanks in strategic locations around Ratchaprasong so that they could make sure the fires they planned to light really took off. Perhaps that's an education issue...

why not discussing the 'facts i was referring to, instead of removing the context of my reply and quoting me only partly?

FACT: people have different education.

FACT: Thaksin did phone-ins, yes. that is true. nobody denies that. but does that put central world on fire?

FACT: The red shirts hold a rally for around two month without much burning and much arson happened.

FACT: According to Abhisit the red shirts were ordinary citizens, innocent people demanding democracy.

FACT: plenty of cooking gas everywhere in Thailand and not only a specialty of the red shirts.

You forgot to answer my questions :)

Edit: all except one...

Edited by MikeyIdea

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Thaksin said "the UN is not my father" he meant that he isn't worried about when the UN comes to Thailand and does an independent investigation.

A desperate misinterpretation.

It actually meant that when Thaksin was running the show, as far as he was concerned the UN could drop dead.

Now that Thaksin wants to drum up some international support, there is a need to distort and lie about the previous position held.

That Thaksin apologists fall quickly into line is a sight to behold.

Here is the famous story from 2003

'NOT-MY-FATHER': Thaksin retracts UN jibe

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra admitted yesterday that he had over-reacted when he said the United Nations, which is keeping an eye on the government's controversial anti-drug crusade, was not his father. The prime minister said provocative media questions were partly to blame for the comment and as a result he would be making himself less accessible to reporters from now on. "The prime minister told the Cabinet that he could have been over-reacting a little bit when he said: 'The UN is not my father'," said government spokesman Sita Divari. "But nowadays reporters want him to respond to something or someone all the time. He has only been asked about political issues, with virtually no questions at all concerning exactly what the government is doing for the people." Thaksin made the "father" jibe when asked to respond to reports that a special UN envoy would be dispatched to gather information about the fast-rising death toll in the war on drugs. "The United Nations is not my father," he said. "I'm not worried about any UN visit to Thailand on this issue. A UN envoy can come any time to make observations." The comment followed others in which the prime minister showed that he was becoming increasingly annoyed with international critics of his government's anti-drug policy. But Monday's comment has prompted warnings that he needs to restrain himself. "Like it or not, a nation's 'sovereignty' in today's world is not the same as it was," said Chulalongkorn political scientist Panithan Watthanayakorn. "Being a democratic society, Thailand must allow international organisations to investigate the state of human rights, and this should not be perceived as a violation of Thai sovereignty." He added that the international community "must have been amazed" by Thaksin's reaction to calls for a guarantee of human rights in the war on drugs. A source said Thaksin had been told during yesterday's Cabinet meeting that Pradit Charoenthaitawee, a member of the National Human Rights Commission, had jumped the gun by announcing that a UN special envoy would be dispatched to Thailand. Foreign Minister Surakiart Sathirathai informed the prime minister that Pradit had merely issued an invitation while attending a UN workshop in Pakistan and had not received a definite reply, the source said. Sita said Thaksin would in future avoid answering reporters' questions that might trigger a war of words. "The prime minister doesn't want to give interviews about politics. He wants a Government House free from political questions," Sita said. "He has said that he wants to draw a clear line between political affairs and the country's affairs. Interviews at Government House should involve [the latter], such as a trip by him to a foreign country," Sita added. He said that from now on Government House reporters would be asked to submit their questions for the prime minister to the Government Spokesman's Office. The premier may reply to the questions himself or assign any of his deputies to do so if they are relevant to their duties, the spokesman said, and will call a press conference if he wanted the media to know anything. "If it's about the country's affairs, he's more than happy to talk. But reporters only ask political questions. When he recently visited China, instead of reporting on economic cooperation, the press picked on claims that he had broken diplomatic protocol," Sita said, referring to a report on Thaksin commenting publicly on the taboo subject of China's leadership change. Thaksin avoided reporters all day yesterday. During a brief encounter at Government House, he waved them off, saying sternly: "No political comment. Wait for a wrap-up [in my radio programme] on Saturday." Pradit meanwhile repeated his calls for Thaksin to heed criticism of the anti-drug policy. "When Field Marshal Sarit Thanarat ordered executions of alleged criminals in public, people hailed his 'decisiveness'. But what's his place in history now? This prime minister is walking down the same path to dictatorship under the guise of nationalism. Good leadership cannot part company with good morals. With complaints flooding in from all over the country, the government needs to stop and listen," Pradit said.

When Thaksin said "the UN is not my father" he meant that he isn't worried about when the UN comes to Thailand and does an independent investigation.

A desperate misinterpretation.

It actually meant that when Thaksin was running the show, as far as he was concerned the UN could drop dead.

Now that Thaksin wants to drum up some international support, there is a need to distort and lie about the previous position held.

That Thaksin apologists fall quickly into line is a sight to behold.

Here is the famous story from 2003

'NOT-MY-FATHER': Thaksin retracts UN jibe

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra admitted yesterday that he had over-reacted when he said the United Nations, which is keeping an eye on the government's controversial anti-drug crusade, was not his father. The prime minister said provocative media questions were partly to blame for the comment and as a result he would be making himself less accessible to reporters from now on. "The prime minister told the Cabinet that he could have been over-reacting a little bit when he said: 'The UN is not my father'," said government spokesman Sita Divari. "But nowadays reporters want him to respond to something or someone all the time. He has only been asked about political issues, with virtually no questions at all concerning exactly what the government is doing for the people." Thaksin made the "father" jibe when asked to respond to reports that a special UN envoy would be dispatched to gather information about the fast-rising death toll in the war on drugs. "The United Nations is not my father," he said. "I'm not worried about any UN visit to Thailand on this issue. A UN envoy can come any time to make observations." The comment followed others in which the prime minister showed that he was becoming increasingly annoyed with international critics of his government's anti-drug policy. But Monday's comment has prompted warnings that he needs to restrain himself. "Like it or not, a nation's 'sovereignty' in today's world is not the same as it was," said Chulalongkorn political scientist Panithan Watthanayakorn. "Being a democratic society, Thailand must allow international organisations to investigate the state of human rights, and this should not be perceived as a violation of Thai sovereignty." He added that the international community "must have been amazed" by Thaksin's reaction to calls for a guarantee of human rights in the war on drugs. A source said Thaksin had been told during yesterday's Cabinet meeting that Pradit Charoenthaitawee, a member of the National Human Rights Commission, had jumped the gun by announcing that a UN special envoy would be dispatched to Thailand. Foreign Minister Surakiart Sathirathai informed the prime minister that Pradit had merely issued an invitation while attending a UN workshop in Pakistan and had not received a definite reply, the source said. Sita said Thaksin would in future avoid answering reporters' questions that might trigger a war of words. "The prime minister doesn't want to give interviews about politics. He wants a Government House free from political questions," Sita said. "He has said that he wants to draw a clear line between political affairs and the country's affairs. Interviews at Government House should involve [the latter], such as a trip by him to a foreign country," Sita added. He said that from now on Government House reporters would be asked to submit their questions for the prime minister to the Government Spokesman's Office. The premier may reply to the questions himself or assign any of his deputies to do so if they are relevant to their duties, the spokesman said, and will call a press conference if he wanted the media to know anything. "If it's about the country's affairs, he's more than happy to talk. But reporters only ask political questions. When he recently visited China, instead of reporting on economic cooperation, the press picked on claims that he had broken diplomatic protocol," Sita said, referring to a report on Thaksin commenting publicly on the taboo subject of China's leadership change. Thaksin avoided reporters all day yesterday. During a brief encounter at Government House, he waved them off, saying sternly: "No political comment. Wait for a wrap-up [in my radio programme] on Saturday." Pradit meanwhile repeated his calls for Thaksin to heed criticism of the anti-drug policy. "When Field Marshal Sarit Thanarat ordered executions of alleged criminals in public, people hailed his 'decisiveness'. But what's his place in history now? This prime minister is walking down the same path to dictatorship under the guise of nationalism. Good leadership cannot part company with good morals. With complaints flooding in from all over the country, the government needs to stop and listen," Pradit said.

You can follow Khun Thaksin on his new twitter page for his latest thoughts. Khun Thaksin. It doesn't seem to have any followers but whoever is behind this seems to be on a mission.

Interesting interpretation.

Would have thought that had Thaksin wished to send the message to the UN that they were welcome and that he nothing to fear from any investigation they might conduct, he could have chosen more friendly and welcoming words. Telling them that they were not his father sounds pretty hostile and gave the impression that he felt he was not answerable to them and that they weren't welcome.

Guess it is their different education that separates Thaksin haters at this board from other members.

This "i'm more educated than you and that makes my opinion more important" nonsense is strange considering you claim to be fighting for the rights of the uneducated poor.

well the 'not my father' quote ...

according to The Nation Thaksin said:

"Let UN come and see, ... "The United Nations is not my father.

I am not worried about any UN visit to Thailand on this issue.

A UN envoy can come any time to make observations,"

according to Human Right Watch Thaksins word were:

"Do not worry about this. The U.N. is not my father.We as

a U.N. member must follow international regulations. Do

not ask too much.There is no problem. They can come and

investigate."

sound for me that Thaksin had said that that 'he isn't worried about when the UN comes to Thailand and does an independent investigation.'

How did you came to your conclusion and interpretation?

Guess with considering only a small part of what Thaksin had actually said,taken the words out of context, deliberately ignoring the full quote. with the result that you can twist the few remaining words into the total opposite meaning for a propaganda smear campaign.

well, i learnt at school that it isn't the way to quote somebody, so i think some people here got a different education than I.

and i never said "i'm more educated than you and that makes my opinion more important" you just made that up, deliberately twisting my words.

and i also never claimed that i am "fighting for the rights of the uneducated poor." the reds are not only he uneducated, lot of smart and intelligent people around them.

civil right are not limited to a special education group.

Interesting interpretation.

Would have thought that had Thaksin wished to send the message to the UN that they were welcome and that he nothing to fear from any investigation they might conduct, he could have chosen more friendly and welcoming words. Telling them that they were not his father sounds pretty hostile and gave the impression that he felt he was not answerable to them and that they weren't welcome.

This "i'm more educated than you and that makes my opinion more important" nonsense is strange considering you claim to be fighting for the rights of the uneducated poor.

investigate."

sound for me that Thaksin had said that that 'he isn't worried about when the UN comes to Thailand and does an independent investigation.'

Guess with considering only a small part of what Thaksin had actually said,taken the words out of context, deliberately ignoring the full quote. with the result that you can twist the few remaining words into the total opposite meaning for a propaganda smear campaign.

well, i learnt at school that it isn't the way to quote somebody, so i think some people here got a different education than I.

and i never said "i'm more educated than you and that makes my opinion more important" you just made that up, deliberately twisting my words.

and i also never claimed that i am "fighting for the rights of the uneducated poor." the reds are not only he uneducated, lot of smart and intelligent people around them.

You do not have to make your own interpretation, please look at Mr. Thaksin's past and you may understand his words better:

Tak Bai incident - This incident sparked widespread protests across the south, and indeed across Thailand, since many non-Muslim Thais were appalled at the army's behaviour. Thaksin however, gave the army his full support. Those responsible for the ill-treatment and death of the detainees received the most minor of non-custodial punishments. Thaksin's initial response was to defend the army's actions, saying that the 78 men died "because they were already weak from fasting during the month of Ramadan.

I don't think it's the money, it's the power driving him, and ego

Something is driving him, he's got egg all over he's face, I am bigger than the system , I am the biggest in the world ,well he'll find out he's only a number like everyone else, how the mighty have fallen and the stupid smuck can't see it.

Who cares... Internationally Thaksin is history, rice farmers don't read twitter anyway

Yep, he will fade into oblivion. Taksin who?

He is probably worried that everyone has forgotten already about what happened in Thailand and he needs to make some 'noise' so as to remind everyone. World press has a short memory.

Edited by MaiChai

Thaksin actually told the UN Human Rights it was not an appropriate time to visit.

He also called the US 'a useless friend' and threatened to walk out of the ASEAN conference in Vientiane if any member country brought up Tak Bai.

He also refused to answer any difficult questions by holding up a lollipop sign with a cross on it.

The man became a laughing stock by his own words, it's a tragedy his actions, backed by enormous wealth,have had such a detrimental effect on Thailand.

investigate."

So why say "the UN is not my father" at all? It's in contradition to what he goes on to say. Had the UN ever claimed to be his father? Of course not. He made the statement because he wanted to send the message that this was an internal matter and nobody, least of all somebody from the outside, was going to come into "his" country and start telling him what he can or can't do. Does the fact that he later retracted the comment not tell you anything?

It was a natural conclusion from your comment: Guess it is their different education that separates Thaksin haters at this board from other members.

The only one twisting is you.

Edited by rixalex

No, he didn't, he meant that they had no say over him and he did not have to listen to their opinion as if it had any value.

Thaksin "slaughtered 100's of muslims and assainated [sic] thousands of "suspected" drug suspects." - that isn't true and nothing more than a very stupid propaganda lie.

Well, no, what he is referring to is the policy in the South and then the policy against small-time drug-dealers that ended up getting a lot of people killed. Now if you want to blame Abhisit for the death of the boat-people, when the military was following Samak's policy, then surely Thaksin is guilty for everything the army and police did during his reign...cannot have it both ways.

Funny, the outright denies of obvious things have usually been a trademark by many red shirts (and one or two yellow shirts) on this forum.

But as per usual you think the hate or dislike for Thaksin has anything to do with education. Guess that tells us more about you than anything else...

I think that for a start you should read the post by BANYAI 'What Abhisit Said About Samaks Crackdown in 2008' posted 2010-05-14 and refresh your memory as to exactly what kind of slippery politician your talking about.You can say what you like and bend words as much as you like but the fact is that before the Coup and the subsequent installation of Abhisit as PM Thailand was in the main a happy country with a lot to look forward to. Compare that with Thailand today; over a third of the country under Emergency Decree with hundreds,possibly more, in jail without being charged and Suthep bragging that they were now going after third generation Red Shirts. The Democrats will know, or should know, in a month whether they will be dissoved. There is burning resentment and smoldering rage in a huge area of the country over the people killed in Bangkok and the 40 or so people who have dissappeared - killed or arrested who knows. If the Democrats are dissolved and an election is now held in this atmosphere what is the chance of peace. Where will Abhisit and Suthep run to if (as is likely) they lose the election? Because I doubt if they will get the same sympathy that Thaksin has received around the world.

I think that for a start you should read the post by BANYAI 'What Abhisit Said About Samaks Crackdown in 2008' posted 2010-05-14 and refresh your memory as to exactly what kind of slippery politician your talking about.You can say what you like and bend words as much as you like but the fact is that before the Coup and the subsequent installation of Abhisit as PM Thailand was in the main a happy country with a lot to look forward to. Compare that with Thailand today; over a third of the country under Emergency Decree with hundreds,possibly more, in jail without being charged and Suthep bragging that they were now going after third generation Red Shirts. The Democrats will know, or should know, in a month whether they will be dissoved. There is burning resentment and smoldering rage in a huge area of the country over the people killed in Bangkok and the 40 or so people who have dissappeared - killed or arrested who knows. If the Democrats are dissolved and an election is now held in this atmosphere what is the chance of peace. Where will Abhisit and Suthep run to if (as is likely) they lose the election? Because I doubt if they will get the same sympathy that Thaksin has received around the world.

Yes, that was an intelligent observation... :)

You can follow Khun Thaksin on his new twitter page for his latest thoughts. Khun Thaksin. It doesn't seem to have any followers but whoever is behind this seems to be on a mission.

If you look up Khun Thaksin you will not find the Twitter page. The Twitter page has a different spelling which we are not allowed to use here on Thai Visa, even though the spelling is not mine but the title of a Twitter page. PM me if you want to know how to find this twitter page because here the spelling has been changed by the mods.

Thailand was happier before Thaksin came along with his ruthless authoritarian streak and vast sums of money to buy people.

The coup was essential in removing that blot.

I disagree about vast areas smouldering with resentment, from Ban Pai to Udon many villagers are utterly bored of the red shirts and disgusted with their arson.

investigate."

So why say "the UN is not my father" at all? It's in contradition to what he goes on to say. Had the UN ever claimed to be his father? Of course not. He made the statement because he wanted to send the message that this was an internal matter and nobody, least of all somebody from the outside, was going to come into "his" country and start telling him what he can or can't do. Does the fact that he later retracted the comment not tell you anything?

He retracted the 'not my father' comment? said it could have been a a over-reaction. probably because some people got it deliberately wrong and were pushing the issue. and at the moment when he retracted this comment, the comment became somewhat void, right? so why you never tell us that before?

anyway, the line: "I'm not worried about any UN visit to Thailand on this issue. A UN envoy can come any time to make observations." came from Thaksin, it it doesn't sound that he was against these UN investigations.

looks he just was p*ssed up, getting asked x-times over and over again by reporters what he will do when a UN-investigation comes, meanwhile he would have no problems with such an investigation at all.

you know how it works, bully someone with stupid question, take his quotes out of context, cherry pick only the weakest arguments or a side note point, ignoring the main issue and if the other member lost his patience and call the obvious troll a troll. a natural conclusion, but still against the board rules calling a troll a troll, right? so that someone will press the report button to score points.

The ability to APPLY ones natural and trained intelligence has much more relevance than

a raft of specialty diplomas. An intelligent mind can learn anything on it's own, and hone

that knowledge to a fine accurate point. While dozens around with wonderful, pedigreed 'credentials'

flounder on many practical applications not directly applicable to their past curricular progression.

The group aimed usage of 'argument ad homminem' just illuminates the paucity of ideas

belonging to those that would use that in a flailing attempt to diminish the argument they

clearly would be losing. So maybe you can claim better education, but using it as a cudgel

in replacement for real ideas, makes obvious to all, the supposed education was for naught.

Thaksin's progersssion of insults and slanders, shows that;

You can bring a fool to wisdom, but you can't make him think.

Edited by animatic

mazeltof - I would like to hear your opinion about the facts around if Thaksin did call in to the stage at Ratchaprasong or not, the facts around if the red leaders at Ratchaprasong did instigate burning or not, the facts around if the red leaders at Ratchaprasong planned burning or not

I work at Central World, I heard it: Did you also hear that?

What about the facts around if the reds had stock piled cooking cas tanks in strategic locations around Ratchaprasong so that they could make sure the fires they planned to light really took off. Perhaps that's an education issue...

why not discussing the 'facts i was referring to, instead of removing the context of my reply and quoting me only partly?

FACT: people have different education.

FACT: Thaksin did phone-ins, yes. that is true. nobody denies that. but does that put central world on fire?

FACT: The red shirts hold a rally for around two month without much burning and much arson happened.

FACT: According to Abhisit the red shirts were ordinary citizens, innocent people demanding democracy.

FACT: plenty of cooking gas everywhere in Thailand and not only a specialty of the red shirts.

7312712o233345img5430.jpg

block13.jpg

imageevj.jpg

Bank of Thailand Orders Commercial Banks to Remove Controversial Banknotes Out of Circulation

UPDATE : 10 June 2010

The Bank of Thailand ordered commercial banks to take banknotes with controversial messages printed in red out of circulation.

The red writing says that historic King Taksin has been reincarnated as the former PM and convict on the run, Thaksin Shinawatra.

Bank of Thailand Banknote Strategic Planning Department director Woraporn Tangsaghasaksri said that banknotes unofficially stamped with controversial messages do exist in circulation.

According to the reports that the BOT has received so far, there aren't enough of such bills to affect liquidity if they are pulled out of circulation.

BOT has ordered commercial banks to take these controversial banknotes that link King Taksin to former PM Thaksin Shinawatra out of circulation.

They are mostly found in the northern and northeastern regions of Thailand. Woraporn said that the banknotes are still valid in business transactions.

An image of the doctored banknote has been circulated online.

Banknotes with printing or any writings on them should be sent to the BOT and will be made invalid and later destroyed. So far the BOT has yet to receive any of these controversial banknotes.

It has been reported that at the beginning of June commercial banks and department stores issued internal letters to their branches instructing them to be on the lookout for the controversial banknotes from their customers.

Thai-ASEAN News Network

BoT: banknotes with letters linked to ex-PM Thaksin will be sifted out

BANGKOK, 9 June 2010 (NNT) – The Bank of Thailand (BoT) admits there are banknotes stamped with red letters, linked to former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatara, spreading around Northern and Northeastern areas.

Those stamped banknotes are confirmed as legal tenders, but they will be sorted out of the system, said Mr Voraporn Tangsangasri a BoT Executive. As reported, such scattered banknotes are in small number and the BoT has already cooperated with commercial banks to monitor and draw them from the system to be forwarded to the BoT for destruction.

However, since early June, several banks and shopping malls have circulated letters for their branches to monitor and be careful in receiving 100-baht bank notes from customers if they are marked with such red letters.

BoT: banknotes with letters linked to ex PM Thaksin will be sifted out : National News Bureau of Thailand

Official Statement from BOT on Stamped banknotes

Stamped Banknote Explained by K-Bank - 2Bangkok.com Forum

"Just take good care of yourself before retirement by saving the money earned from the plight of the reds,"

A Thaksin mafia threat: We paid for you, we know where you live.

Any difference whit the announcement that snipers where posted...; and shortly after Sea Deng died while giving an interview ....?...:) is that not something more likely as it happened already , so do not be surprised at all as Aunupong goes to retirement an other general who is in somebody s pocket make an other coup :D in favour for.......

This guy Thaksin wont stop. He needs to suffer the same fate as Seh Daeng. He's crying for international intervention something he shrugged off a premier. "The U.N. is not my father". He slaughtered 100's of muslims and assainated thousands of "suspected" drug suspects. Now he wants a "neutral" panel to investigate. The man is desperate to regain money and power at any costs.

Thaksin "slaughtered 100's of muslims and assainated [sic] thousands of "suspected" drug suspects." - that isn't true and nothing more than a very stupid propaganda lie.

Although K. Thaksin didn't personally slaughter anyone (as far as I know), he had it done. If K. Abhisit can be accused of killing innocent protesters, why can't we say some like this about K. Thaksin. Fair's fair, and all posters here seem to (dis)like double standards.

The ability to APPLY ones natural and trained intelligence has much more relevance than

a raft of specialty diplomas. An intelligent mind can learn anything on it's own, and hone

that knowledge to a fine accurate point. While dozens around with wonderful, pedigreed 'credentials'

flounder on many practical applications not directly applicable to their past curricular progression.

The group aimed usage of 'argument ad homminem' just illuminates the paucity of ideas

belonging to those that would use that in a flailing attempt to diminish the argument they

clearly would be losing. So maybe you can claim better education, but using it as a cudgel

in replacement for real ideas, makes obvious to all, the supposed education was for naught.

argumentum ad hominem is the lowest weapon of empty heads. An empty head can nod easier. And accept money for his empty head.

No ethics, no insight, no awareness to look for what is what.

My people in the mountains understand. No electriciy, no full citizen rights for medical treatment. But big No to Thaksin.

argumentum ad hominem is the lowest weapon of empty heads. An empty head can nod easier. And accept money for his empty head.

My people in the mountains understand. No electriciy, no full citizen rights for medical treatment. But big No to Thaksin.

For all your criticism, you've provided us with no further insight as to where our "empty heads" should attribute blame...

I adjust: My hilltribe people have more EQ (Emotional Intelligence) than most of the Thaksin addicted.. They are not Thaksin hater but they know

he was and is not good for them. Pragmatic.Clear and true. Here are some posters to learn from them.

mazeltov - Any chance you can respond to any of MikeyIdea's questions? If you have already please repost it again. Thanks.

What questions? and how many actually?

Did he questioned anything what i have said in my posts or wanted to have something verified, substantiate? or did he ignored that content totally and came up with something else?

If something is unclear what i have said i will be always willing to give further explanation if there is somebody interested in.

edit: changed a double post into a different entry.

Edited by mazeltov

investigate."

You do not have to make your own interpretation, please look at Mr. Thaksin's past and you may understand his words better:

Tak Bai incident - This incident sparked widespread protests across the south, and indeed across Thailand, since many non-Muslim Thais were appalled at the army's behaviour. Thaksin however, gave the army his full support. Those responsible for the ill-treatment and death of the detainees received the most minor of non-custodial punishments. Thaksin's initial response was to defend the army's actions, saying that the 78 men died "because they were already weak from fasting during the month of Ramadan.

I am sure he also said that he is sorry that they died untimely deaths. and noted that the authorities did the best they could, insisting that authorities followed established procedures for crowd control, but apparently drunken or drugged protesters were threatening to go on a rampage. But the authorities didn't use violence. Troops fired into the air, not into the crowd and so on. he probably also said that a committee will be set up to study and investigate the incident.

You know these kind of words we just heard a similar version recently.

FAST FORWARD into the year 2009:

Court clears security officials over Tak Bai deaths

In one of the most controversial verdicts passed in decades, a court yesterday cleared security officials of misconduct in the October 2004 Tak Bai incident in which 85 Malay-Muslim protesters died at the hands of the authorities.

The two-member panel in the post-mortem inquest
concluded that Army and police officials had acted according to the law, used sound judgement and done their best
given the circumstances.

By The Nation Published on May 30, 2009

"According to the law" - that is the Abhisit approach, right?

I am not a fan of Thaksin nor a fan of Abhisit. but both Pm still deserve to be quoted correctly.

And don't forget Abhisit will sue you for defamation if you claim that he is unusual rich or if you dare to say that Abhisit had improperly behaved during an audience, he will bring you to the court too. a jail term is the punishment for such offences.

mazeltov - Any chance you can respond to any of MikeyIdea's questions? If you have already please repost it again. Thanks.

Did he questioned anything what i have said in my posts or wanted to have something verified, substantiate? or did he ignored that content totally and came up with something else?

If something is unclear what i have said i will be always willing to give further explanation if there is somebody interested in.

Characteristically evasive as per usual.

I'll make it simple for you. How much preparation do you think the red shirts put in to their arson attacks? Weeks or months?

It's amazing that the person who wrote the horrific mess below is the same person who in the above was bringing other members' education into question. .

Characteristically evasive as per usual.

I'll make it simple for you. How much preparation do you think the red shirts put in to their arson attacks? Weeks or months?

Ask a poster, who you don't like, heavily loaded questions of your own design. Then keep demanding answers and call that poster 'evasive': I've highlighted this standard flame procedure several times in the past. It's a favourite of anti-reds on TV :D . Of course, loaded questions on this arson issue and attempts to answer are pure speculation at this stage. Hopefully, there will be a good and fair investigation, hopefully the correct perps will be fingered, and hopefully we'll find out just how large (or small) a conspiracy this was. Until then, feel free to speculate away according to your colour favour. And make sure you question the integrity of any posters you don't like along the way :) .

Why would questions on the arson issue and attempts to answer them be pure speculation at this stage?

Are you suggesting that the arsons didn't happen, or perhaps that some red leaders didn't - already last year - encourage people to burn Bangkok?

Edit: changed say that they would burn Bangkok? to encourage people to burn Bangkok?

Edited by MikeyIdea