England World Cup Discussion Thread

mommysboy

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the Scots really have any right to call other national sides dog average or <deleted> ;)

Being as I have a pair of eyes yes I can comment on anything I like carmine.....or despise.

You're aetting yourself up nicely here mate as don't forget I'll be sitting in the Emerald alongside you for the match........!

In spite of all the hype that says it all, let's be realistic at least once here were it not for the atrocious referring that seems to be bordering on conspiracy against the US team it would not even be a contest, and that doesn't even include the open net goals we can't seem to capitalize on Dempsy alone should have had a heat trick last night.... Where as the English team get almost every call their way to keep them in the matches were they should be blown out of..

I agree that in this year's competition America have had some bad decision's go against them, but we have a whole catalogue full of decisions going against us through the years. You don't have the monopoly on being dealt injustice.

As far as England getting almost every call their way to keep them in matches they should have been blown out of, i think this is complete nonsense. The games England has played in thus far have been fairly evenly refered. A few decisions here and there going one way or the other perhaps, but nothing unusual in that. Last night Defoe was elbowed in the head. No action was taken.

I know it's almost unheard of but a bit of humility and credit where credit is due would be a immensely cleansing experience for the English fans and team as well

This from the man who goes on to say:

In every aspect the US has outplayed not only you but every team in their group period!!

Don't see too much humility or even reality in that statement. USA has played well and deserves their top spot, but outplayed every team in every aspect? Don't think so. Were it not for a goalkeeping blunder we would have beat you.

I just wish the US could put one away without all the drama though I'm going to have a heart attack...

Germany only just beat Ghana so while being predicted as an easy win for the US? They also have recent history going Ghana's way so couple that with worthless referees and I'm not at all confident :unsure: ..

All that talking the team up about how brilliant they are, and then when it comes to an up-coming game, suddenly the bravado vanishes.

I thought you said you was a referee?? You bleat on like a player......take experience from your professional days and stop moaning about your peers. :rolleyes: I think the refs have been above average in this tournament so far....sour grapes or what,then again yankees have to have an excuse dont they :whistling:

Impossible to read this rubbish maybe you should learn how to properly use the quote function eh??? I couldn't even respond without fixing your rubbish quote as the software wouldn't allow it..

Your response is what is sour grapes as you forget who won the group and should have won hands down but I never expected anything different from you...

JFYI I've been both ref and player, why should one limit their life's experiences and by being on both sides of the ball you have a better perspective which is obviously something lacking with people of your ilk..

:lol: Now your moaning about the quote fuction <deleted>!

JFYI we know we are shit end of story..... :cheesy:

Yes your experience in Football in gaga land is just that.........:w00t: don't forget who taught you how to play the game cowboy and ref it!

Sour grapes warpspeed......not an ounce of decency at all.....well done better team....we was unlucky....next time....rueful grin....and so on and on he goes making a complete prat of himself...the top class referee....ho hum keep it up mate....

:cheesy: :cheesy:

Edited by smokie36

I know it's almost unheard of but a bit of humility and credit where credit is due would be a immensely cleansing experience for the English fans and team as well

This from the man who goes on to say:

In every aspect the US has outplayed not only you but every team in their group period!!

Don't see too much humility or even reality in that statement. USA has played well and deserves their top spot, but outplayed every team in every aspect? Don't think so. Were it not for a goalkeeping blunder we would have beat you.

Nice!!! So typically predictable and speaks volumes!! It couldn't be anything to do with the fact that the shot WAS ON GOAL! Admittedly a weak shot but true to your genealogy you can't just admit the error and give credit, it HAD to be your goalies fault, I thought this was a team sport and why did he get off the shot in the first place or why didn't your mighty offense ( :cheesy: ) not score more and put the game away? Can't just be that your team is sub-par, your goalie screwed the pooch and that is sour grapes on your part once again...If it happened on the other end of the pitch it would have just been that we are sub-par as is our goalie.. You can't even understand your own words if you could you'd recognize just how silly, hypocritical and contradictory you sound...

Humility isn't required when stating fact and we have demonstrated nothing but humility by very few posts against the high and mighty English!! But now the need for humility no longer exists as in spite of serious attempts to deprive of us of our moment in the lime light, we prevailed!!! Much to your obvious consternation....

So if we didn't beat you in every aspect then not even including legitimate goals drawn back why did we outscore you?? We out played you in spirit, pace, defense based on the fact that we tied at 1 so how is it that we didn't top our group of which you're a part of by every aspect??

I just wish the US could put one away without all the drama though I'm going to have a heart attack...

Germany only just beat Ghana so while being predicted as an easy win for the US? They also have recent history going Ghana's way so couple that with worthless referees and I'm not at all confident :unsure: ..

All that talking the team up about how brilliant they are, and then when it comes to an up-coming game, suddenly the bravado vanishes.

No... See that's the honest, objectivity and "realistic" nature of my persona and not the blind "head in the sand" faith and fanaticism of yours so not unexpected that you wouldn't understand... It's an attribute but of course you see it as something nefarious that needs to be ostracized and criticized how very English of you... :rolleyes:

Oh!! The usual hooliganism and piling on I see as usual....The insecurity and nationalism abounds once again...Typical house of f%^&&^% tossers...And now even the British half of the board that normally despise the English half is chiming in..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Warpspeed, this is the England discussion thread. Please start a new thread if you want to discuss the refereeing of USA games.

You are way off topic mate

Poor baby don't like what your reading?? Like this thread hasn't taken differing turns that have been off topic before... Cry in your beer...

I thought you said you was a referee?? You bleat on like a player......take experience from your professional days and stop moaning about your peers. :rolleyes: I think the refs have been above average in this tournament so far....sour grapes or what,then again yankees have to have an excuse dont they :whistling:

Impossible to read this rubbish maybe you should learn how to properly use the quote function eh??? I couldn't even respond without fixing your rubbish quote as the software wouldn't allow it..

Your response is what is sour grapes as you forget who won the group and should have won hands down but I never expected anything different from you...

JFYI I've been both ref and player, why should one limit their life's experiences and by being on both sides of the ball you have a better perspective which is obviously something lacking with people of your ilk..

:lol: Now your moaning about the quote fuction <deleted>!

JFYI we know we are shit end of story..... :cheesy:

Yes your experience in Football in gaga land is just that.........:w00t: don't forget who taught you how to play the game cowboy and ref it!

The quote function is <deleted> there's no denying that, but it was the prat not using it properly that got the criticism and I'm certain he was English!!! :cheesy: :cheesy: typical tactic on your part to attempt to twist the content though, well done...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Thank the Lord that the game is this weekend and this drivel will hopefully end with it.

It is Sport James :D  an we are all fair game

"why so serious"

This was the England World Cup Discussion thread ; ya know, tactics, scores, substitution, Capello, Calamity, Beckham and beavers that morphed into name calling. A bunch of sorry assed tossers you all are.  :lol:

don't forget who taught you how to play the game cowboy and ref it!

Sorry to disappoint you but I learned playing with mostly south Americans and watching the Bundislega on public TV as it wasn't covered on conventional TV. Where I come from the most despised style of play was the English game and I played on numerous nationally comprised teams but out of all of them the worst was the English with David "Big mouth" Irving who always had one attack plan. I was goalie and his claim was always just to kick it down field as far as possible and he would win it! Problem was he seldom ever did and it would come straight back in spite of putting it in the opposing goalies box for him 9 times out of 10.

I'd much rather play it out from the back and build forward with skillful possession like the south Americans and the Germans and such who were all much better quality and we won many championships over the English team which had little discipline and even less team unity.. That long ball English style is part of your problem now as Capello wants you to adapt to the skilled posession play and your team isn't skilled nor disciplined enough to do so and have an effective attack and maintain possession not to mention finish..

^blah blah blah

Can you get to the point of why you are still here?

JT has set you up a soap-box for you to spread your knowledge to your country folk.

Well hopefully now the dandy has his own thread we can go on to discuss how great England are,and not have any interference from third world footballing nations :D concerning bad refereeing decisions and how the whole world has a vendetta against them!

They wonder why?? <deleted>

Edited by NADTATIDA1

don't forget who taught you how to play the game cowboy and ref it!

Sorry to disappoint you but I learned playing with mostly south Americans and watching the Bundislega on public TV as it wasn't covered on conventional TV. Where I come from the most despised style of play was the English game and I played on numerous nationally comprised teams but out of all of them the worst was the English with David "Big mouth" Irving who always had one attack plan. I was goalie and his claim was always just to kick it down field as far as possible and he would win it! Problem was he seldom ever did and it would come straight back in spite of putting it in the opposing goalies box for him 9 times out of 10.

I'd much rather play it out from the back and build forward with skillful possession like the south Americans and the Germans and such who were all much better quality and we won many championships over the English team which had little discipline and even less team unity.. That long ball English style is part of your problem now as Capello wants you to adapt to the skilled posession play and your team isn't skilled nor disciplined enough to do so and have an effective attack and maintain possession not to mention finish..

did you watch the game last night Warp? the only time James hoofed down field was when he was pressured. The rest of the times the Pommies played it out from the back. 

My point exactly!! Look how badly that style is effecting you and you're struggling, that's Capello's style of possession football and it's taking you out of your long time tactic of long ball.. :whistling: The English style wants to be flamboyant and this style is less so but most effective and the resistance to change is obviously overwhelming..

You have all said so yourself, your team is acting like high paid premadonas in not wanting to adapt..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Lampard happy to finish second

Midfielder confident ahead of Germany clash

Frank-Lampard-Joy-Final-Whistle-England-v-Slo_2469525.jpg Lampard: Delighted to get through

// A bit of a hack but it works // The article snippet is wrapped onto a second line, even when #article-sub is empty if( $("div#article-sub").children().length == 0 ) { $("div#article-sub").remove(); }Frank Lampard believes finishing second in their group could prove a blessing in disguise despite facing old foes Germany.

The USA's last-minute winner against Algeria earned the Americans top spot in Group C, condemning England to second spot and a meeting with Group D winners Germany on Sunday.

Lampard is not bothered that England now face a tougher draw if they are to go all the way in South Africa and feels the extra day's rest could help them before they take on Germany.

"I couldn't care less that we have finished second," said Lampard.

"You cannot pick and choose your future matches.

"And finishing second might actually be a bonus for us because it now means we've got an extra day's rest before our next game on Sunday, rather than playing on Saturday."

Confidence

Chelsea midfielder Lampard believes England can build on their win over Slovenia and that the real action now starts in the knock-out stages.

"This performance gives us a lot to build on. You have seen it many a time when teams in tournaments start a bit cagey and then come strong," added Lampard.

"We have to try to follow that model and try to keep improving every game. For everyone who is in it, the tournament starts here because it is knock-out.

"How you play in the group doesn't win you anything. It certainly doesn't give you any credit if you then get sent home in the next round.

"Everybody starts here now. It is pure knock-out football and it is about performing. When you think you are four games away from doing something very special, that can only focus the mind."

What about that too? Why DOES the second place team get the extra days rest?? That's crap too...

germany are not the second placed team.

Yeah that's the contradiction ain't it?

Edited by WarpSpeed

^blah blah blah

Most intelligent retort from you yet.....

Can you get to the point of why you are still here?

JT has set you up a soap-box for you to spread your knowledge to your country folk.

And yet you managed to run over and post before I even knew it existed... :rolleyes::cheesy:

Edited by WarpSpeed

I've edited it to read "contradiction" instead because it should be scheduled that both winners in a given group of match ups are playing on the same day that's why...Easily enough done...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Well hopefully now the dandy has his own thread we can go on to discuss how great England are,and not have any interference from third world footballing nations :D concerning bad refereeing decisions and how the whole world has a vendetta against them!

First you have to beat the third world nations, then you can talk trash. :D

Edited by koheesti

I've edited it to read "contradiction" instead because it should be scheduled that both winners in a given group of match ups are playing on the same day that's why...Easily enough done...

you should write to fifa.

My apologies :D i forgot you beat us 1-1 with a wondergoal ;)

My apologies :D i forgot you beat us 1-1 with a wondergoal ;)

Perhaps if the English were aware that goalkeeper is an actual position on the team, you wouldn't have these recurring problems with your keepers. Against the USA, Mighty England had 90 minutes to score again and couldn't. Then went scoreless another 90+ against 3rd world Algeria. All in all England - with Golden Boot contender Rooney - went over 3.5 hours without scoring another goal, an achievement that few teams have reached this WC. Good luck against the Krauts though. I wouldn't be surprised if you put together another wild 5-0 victory like a few years back. Your millionaires are due and now is the time to collect.

Edited by koheesti
  • Like 1