England World Cup Discussion Thread

mommysboy

It might be just me, but having watched England tie with the USA last night (this morning), it appears to me FIFA is continuing it's long campaign of systematic bias against England evident since the late '80's. Perhaps the USA bunged the linesman an attache case full of money for making the farcical offside calls against Crouch and Heskey (among other bad calls and omissions)! Not to mention all the shirt-pulling and flying boots to which the referee turned a blind-eye. We'd have an easy ride through our group if only we were on a level-playing field.

Why does FIFA skews its pitch for England?

:)

I think Nicks been on walkabout a little too long.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be just me, but having watched England tie with the USA last night (this morning), it appears to me FIFA is continuing it's long campaign of systematic bias against England evident since the late '80's. Perhaps the USA bunged the linesman an attache case full of money for making the farcical offside calls against Crouch and Heskey (among other bad calls and omissions)! Not to mention all the shirt-pulling and flying boots to which the referee turned a blind-eye. We'd have an easy ride through our group if only we were on a level-playing field.

Why does FIFA skews its pitch for England?

:)

Troll?

Just as an aside, i notice that Howard's tourettes problem seems to have got a lot worse!:)

As another aside, can anyone confirm what JacknDanny was saying about the Thai commentators refering to the American team as the South Africans?! I wasn't listening to the Thai commentary myself, and just wonder if it can be true. Surely not? :D

I listened to Thai commentary, no they did not refer to USA as South Africa, they referred to them as sa-ha-rat-a-mee-ri-gaa (USA) which kind of sounds like South Africa.........ish......after a couple of swifters..........

Edited by bkksteviejai

TONIGHT: Go the Aussies, smash em yermans!

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi :)!

"smash em yermans" laugh.gif ?????

Although I like the Ozzies as a team (after all, WHO is coaching them???? whistling.gif) I doubt if they can smash Germany but...I hope so.

LaoPo

The Aussies have ways of surprising people. I agree from the outset it looks like they are going to be outclassed & the German team is definately class. So as underdogs the Ozzies could well possible nail this one. :) SPILL THAT BLOOD, NAIL THOSE SUCKERS, KILL KILL KILL. :D

I think they're hiding my posts, but....

"England were the better team, I think USA coach has said as much."

That's what we in the States call a PSYCH!

What's with th ties? When do they start the extra period of OT, and the free Kicks?

I think they're hiding my posts, but....

"England were the better team, I think USA coach has said as much."

That's what we in the States call a PSYCH!

What's with th ties? When do they start the extra period of OT, and the free Kicks?

Which part of Quebec did you say you're from?..... :)

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi :D!

Wasn't the thread about the English team? Why you worry about virtual opponents before not sorting out your own problems!

The German group is a tough one after seeing Serbia - Ghana tonight. I would love to see in the last 16 Australia vs. England , if the Kingdom can make it to the 2nd place in the group! :)

just a thought and put me in my place if you think im wrong. but, s.africa being a rugby loving nation and a lot of the pitches being grounds that are used for major rugby fixtures. might the problem being that the standard of football not being up to much in the games i have seen, be down to the fact that.

1. the players arent using long enough studs( hence loosing their footing quite a lot).

2. the world cup has never been played on african soil and most of the player arent used to the surface.

oh <deleted>, the germans have just scored!

Edited by tigerfish

When you compare England with what Germany did tonight its like two different worlds , Germany played like champions tonight.

Sorry England , you'll be lucky if you reach the quarter finals....

i dont usually tend to defend the aussies that much, but that was by no means a red card offence.

turned the game in my opinion.

I thought this was an England thread? But - yes, the red card was very harsh but it by no means 'turned' the game! Germany was well and truly in control and should have scored one or two more already before half time.

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi :D!

Wasn't the thread about the English team? Why you worry about virtual opponents before not sorting out your own problems!

The German group is a tough one after seeing Serbia - Ghana tonight. I would love to see in the last 16 Australia vs. England , if the Kingdom can make it to the 2nd place in the group!

What on earth ar e you on about? I'm an Ozzie, I couldnt give a <deleted> about England's woes, goodness knows we have enuf to worry about when playing a team like Germany. :D Thanks for the rant though. :)

Of course what sort of thread would it be about football if you couldnt talk about the other teams that England might be facing, its football, you really want to talk about just one team? :D

Edited by neverdie

I find it amazing that a nation such as England cannot provide one talented GK

for many many years GK for England has been very very suspect. Do I feel sorry

for Green, NO, he blew it huge on the worlds biggest stage in a huge game and

NO he does not deserve another chance. Should they play James, NO, I will just

remind you of Euro 2004 v France, to come out and say "I did not study Zidanes

free kick taking" as an excuse for letting in a free kick is pitiful. IMO after that he

should never have been selected again for England.

Is Hart the answer, IMO he is the only hope left. He had a great season and Capello

should give him the green light in next match. If he is good enough to be selected

for the team, he should be considered good enough to start

ledley king out for the rest of the tournament. oh dear don fabio.

I bet it comes out eventually that the players didn't rate Capello and didn't have a clue what he was talking about, i listened to an interview the other day when a reporter asked him a question 4 times because he didn't understand, if his english is that poor how can he explain to players what he wants, i know how the players feel as i have the same problem with my wife :) .

I bet it comes out eventually that the players didn't rate Capello and didn't have a clue what he was talking about, i listened to an interview the other day when a reporter asked him a question 4 times because he didn't understand, if his english is that poor how can he explain to players what he wants, i know how the players feel as i have the same problem with my wife :) .

makes you wonder how alex ferguson has won so many trophies really doesn't it? given that he's about as comprehensible as oliver reed after a week-long session.

makes you wonder how alex ferguson has won so many trophies really doesn't it? given that he's about as comprehensible as oliver reed after a week-long session.

Now now Stevie, surely SAF has been so successful purely down to the Ownership.

I was very disappointed with the Aussies last night - they looked the worst team I have seen in the tournament so far. Old, slow, inaccurate passing, and dirty.

Shame about Cahill, as I had him in my side, and I didn't think that was a sending off offence.

Credit to the Germans though, for a typically industrious seeing-to.

I was very disappointed with the Aussies last night - they looked the worst team I have seen in the tournament so far. Old, slow, inaccurate passing, and dirty.

Shame about Cahill, as I had him in my side, and I didn't think that was a sending off offence.

thought we saw a 'new' germany last night. far more mobile and better to watch than in previous tournaments when they ground teams down.

i dont usually tend to defend the aussies that much, but that was by no means a red card offence.

turned the game in my opinion.

I thought this was an England thread? But - yes, the red card was very harsh but it by no means 'turned' the game! Germany was well and truly in control and should have scored one or two more already before half time.

Fully agree, the red card came rather later, the game was done before. It was fun watching this young team performing so well. Excellent passing, variation of speed. Could have been a 6 or 7-0 victory.

It was the typical German performance at all! Since 2006 the National Team shows much more technical skills, speed, besides the traditional tactical performance. It was great to watch after all the disappointed games before.

When you compare England with what Germany did tonight its like two different worlds , Germany played like champions tonight.

Sorry England , you'll be lucky if you reach the quarter finals....

You can't compare USA soccer team with Australia. As I've said all along USA are a good team.

Anyway, it's a crass error even to compare one game with another regardless of who's playing.