Going To Burma

ianf

You are better off going personally to the Air Bagan Office, which is situated in Changklan Road near the banks (opposite Shangri-La hotel area. It doesn't have a big sign, just Air Bagan written on the glass.

I've flown Air Bagan a few times but only in Myanmar, they seemed OK.

I think the return air fare from CNX is under 7,000 Baht and very convenient.

ian,i am thinking of going to burma on a visa run for a change. i have been to air bagans office and they were shut for business, but,some body from the people who manage was inside. they have their own travel agency not far away which i went to.

two of the ladies who work there were in burma recently, one in march. she(kook) told me alot about it and showed me some great photos.

there is a guided tour leaving on july 22nd, not sure of the details.

cnx/ yangon round trip 6,700 baht +$10 airport tax. $30 visa on arrival.

contact kook at, 08 6116 4177

ranvel tour,111/5 rakang rd, off changklan rd. (pass all the banks as you go out of the city, turn right at the lights, continue to cross roads, its on the right as you go over)

i have just met someone who goes to burma often on business and will be meeting him soon for a good chat about it.

hope this info is of help, let me know how you get on,

jerry.

ian,i am thinking of going to burma on a visa run for a change. i have been to air bagans office and they were shut for business, but,some body from the people who manage was inside. they have their own travel agency not far away which i went to.

two of the ladies who work there were in burma recently, one in march. she(kook) told me alot about it and showed me some great photos.

there is a guided tour leaving on july 22nd, not sure of the details.

cnx/ yangon round trip 6,700 baht +$10 airport tax. $30 visa on arrival.

contact kook at, 08 6116 4177

ranvel tour,111/5 rakang rd, off changklan rd. (pass all the banks as you go out of the city, turn right at the lights, continue to cross roads, its on the right as you go over)

i have just met someone who goes to burma often on business and will be meeting him soon for a good chat about it.

hope this info is of help, let me know how you get on,

jerry.

Hey Jerry: That is so nice of you. Thanks. (This is Thai Visa at its best!)

wikipedia:

Political Connection

Air Bagan is owned by an arms dealer and businessman by the name of U Tay Za. He has close business and working relations with the ruling military junta of Myanmar. As one of the supposed large beneficiaries of the Burmese military junta, Air Bagan and its owner have allegedly accumulated a vast fortune.

Well, it is up to you to support this kind of people...

I suggest your speculation concerning Air Bagan's ownership is inappropriate and does not belong in this forum.

Air Bagan is a respected airline, excellent safety record, good service and inexpensive.

wikipedia:

Political Connection

Air Bagan is owned by an arms dealer and businessman by the name of U Tay Za. He has close business and working relations with the ruling military junta of Myanmar. As one of the supposed large beneficiaries of the Burmese military junta, Air Bagan and its owner have allegedly accumulated a vast fortune.

wikipedia:

Political Connection

:whistling:What happened you did not get your cut? :)

That 'guided tour for 6,700thb".......does it include hotel, food etc and how many days??. Any info on the web??

jaideeguy, the 6,700 baht was for flight only. there is a deal starting at 7,900 baht per person (2 pax or 1,500 baht single supplement) including 3 nights accomadation.

you cant book online. the airbagan website seems to be geared at burmese coming here.

suggest you contact kook at ranvel tour for more info.

lots of info on this forum on yangon.

thanks to uptheos for directions to airbagan office, could not find it on the web.

happy travels, jerry.

AIRBAGAN LIMITED[/url][/url] flys twice a week from CNX to Myanmar. Visa is now on arrival, no need to pre apply.

There is NO information on the Myanmar Embassy website about "visa on arrival"....other than "Visa on Arrival is granted on prior arrangement with the Ministry of Hotel and Tourism". One sentence....so you risk alot by not having a visa before you arrive.

Edited by ricardofel

AIRBAGAN LIMITED[/url][/url] flys twice a week from CNX to Myanmar. Visa is now on arrival, no need to pre apply.

There is NO information on the Myanmar Embassy website about "visa on arrival"....other than "Visa on Arrival is granted on prior arrangement with the Ministry of Hotel and Tourism". One sentence....so you risk alot by not having a visa before you arrive.

Visa on arrival is now in place in Myanmar.

Besides that, if it's not possible you won't be allowed on the flight to start with without a visa in your passport.

Edited by Blinky Bill

wikipedia:

Political Connection

So what? Should that be any surprise? Are the planes safe? That's all that matters. People need to fly.

I looked up the Air Bagan website and noticed that they fly to Tachileik from Mandalay. Wonder if there is any possibility of flying back by that route and then crossing to Mae Sai and bus back to CM? :rolleyes: Sounds too simple to be allowed! :(