Influx Of Indian Tourists.

mark45y

Has the influx of Indian tourists and their penchant to bargain for anything and everything done anything to decrease prices in Pattaya?

Or have I been misinformed. Is there really not a 500% increase in tourists from India?

Will the tourists from the subcontinent perform a helpful service by reducing prices?

A tourist is a tourist no matter where they come from. The more the merrier. Bollywood has been filming in Pattaya for years so it's only to be expected that we'll be seeing more tourists from India.

At least the Indians can speak English, which is more than you can say for most of the locals, khraap !

As long as you do not look like an Indian, vendors will not bargain with you.

Anyway, I never understand why people think they can bargain here, as on a bazaar. One won't do that at home (except for larger expenses like car, house).

Why do they all wear trousers and long-sleeved shirts?

Having worked in in most parts of India, no matter wear they seem to come from (remote villages included) trousers and long-sleeve shirts are worn.

I have come to the conclusion that there mindset when wearing said attire says "I am a business man", thereby gaining respect.

In answer to your question wearing trousers and long-sleeved shirts is the male Indian National Costume.

Having worked in in most parts of India, no matter wear they seem to come from (remote villages included) trousers and long-sleeve shirts are worn.

I have come to the conclusion that there mindset when wearing said attire says "I am a business man", thereby gaining respect.

In answer to your question wearing trousers and long-sleeved shirts is the male Indian National Costume.

Or more than likely it's just to protect their arms and legs from the sun, or to keep them warm when it's cold.

Or more than likely it's just to protect their arms and legs from the sun, or to keep them warm when it's cold.

In that case trousers and long sleeve shirts would be the attire of males from every corner of the World including Thailand which obviously most male Thais dont prescribe to.

Go see India, where literally there are crowds of poor disfigured beggers lining the streets all being passed by with men dressed in long sleeve shirts and trousers... even the Tea boys wear the same attire...its wierd!

Whats the first thing that goes when the mind goes...dress sense (-:

There all tailors coming to see their relatives?

For your information most people are missinformed about the "Indian tailor" status in Pattaya.

The Indian guy you see fronting the Tailors shop is not a Tailor, he is a Salesman!, the Thai's are the ones who actually make the suits, shirts etc.

If you dont believe me you can witness this exploitation where most Thai Tailors are congregated in small sweatshops around the backstreets of Tukcom...not an Indian to be seen working anywhere unless he is picking finished garments up to return to the tourists with there huge mark up and Indian tailor status attached.

Its all about marketing.

Where do the bulk of the tourists from India go and what do they do?

Here is one example: take a walk 8-10 AM on the Northern half of Pattaya beach and it looks like about 80% of the speedboat group customers are Indians.

I wear trousers and shirts ,do you think i am turning into an Indian?

signed

worried from woking. :ph34r:

Have you noticed that none of them seem to own swim suits. They all get in the pool in under garments.

Honda underpants were the desired beachwear by your average guy on the beach in Goa, in the 1990's when I was there. Hand in hand with another guy, staring and standing over sunbathing Western females.

Don't know what they would make of soi 7

For your information most people are missinformed about the "Indian tailor" status in Pattaya.

The Indian guy you see fronting the Tailors shop is not a Tailor, he is a Salesman!, the Thai's are the ones who actually make the suits, shirts etc.

If you dont believe me you can witness this exploitation where most Thai Tailors are congregated in small sweatshops around the backstreets of Tukcom...not an Indian to be seen working anywhere unless he is picking finished garments up to return to the tourists with there huge mark up and Indian tailor status attached.

Its all about marketing.

Actually, it's about English language skills and the fact that an Indian, Pakistani, Nepalese or Burmese can take rejection after rejection without losing enthusiasm...and they work for less money.

As I understand it (and I could be wrong), initially it was the Chinese that owned all the tailor shops and the Indians did all the sales and service because they could speak English and worked cheaper. Eventually the Indians realized this and slowly started their own tailors, eventually dominating that market that it is today.

They can be annoying, but their work ethic and resilience is to be commended.

Its all about marketing.

Actually, it's about English language skills and the fact that an Indian, Pakistani, Nepalese or Burmese can take rejection after rejection without losing enthusiasm...and they work for less money.

As I understand it (and I could be wrong), initially it was the Chinese that owned all the tailor shops and the Indians did all the sales and service because they could speak English and worked cheaper. Eventually the Indians realized this and slowly started their own tailors, eventually dominating that market that it is today.

They can be annoying, but their work ethic and resilience is to be commended.

Still a Thai tailor not an Indian tailor.

Influx of Indian tourists will make sanity return unlike westerners who come here in search of young prostitutes.

You have obviously not observed the antics on Walking Street recently, where "Indian tourists', as you call them, negotiate group rates for supersized, OLD Uzbekistani prostitutes.

Plenty of Indian tourists negotiating with "them" along the Beach walkway at night.

Its all about marketing.

Many of the 'Indian' tailors are Thai citizens.

Its all about marketing.

Many of the 'Indian' tailors are Thai citizens.

I have spoken with many of these Indian salesmen,most are not Thai citizens and many cannot speak Thai. Does anybody know how they obtain their work visa ?

Unless you ask them - How do you know they are Indians ?

They could be Pakastani, Sri Lankans, Malaysians, Singaporian, Canadian, American or even from Birmingham, Coventry or Wolverhampton in England thus making them British.

...."If a dog gives birth to a puppy in a barn do you call it a horse or a cow?"

A Scotsman I know has a Welsh wife and their 3 children were born in Germany. All their schooling has been in Portugal. So which national Cricket team will they play for if given a choice...?

Are we racist, realists or totally xenophobic.....take your pick.

I know what I am.....and its..............................................not going out on the internet

A Scotsman I know has a Welsh wife and their 3 children were born in Germany. All their schooling has been in Portugal. So which national Cricket team will they play for if given a choice...?

England, of course.

Indian tourists not Indian tailors. Why do you guys get into all the PC crap. This is the Pattaya forum not the Ladies forum.

Pakistani, Sri Lankans, Indians who cares. An Indian is an Indian. They like to bargain. They take coke into MacDonald’s because it is cheaper than buying coke at MacDonald’s.

So who cares? I don’t.

I was only asking if the current influx of Indian tourists that I read about on this and other forums is real? Is it?

Do five Indian guys go into a bar and order one beer? Do five Indian guys go into a soapy massage, bring their own soap and ask for a discount?

Do the Indian guys go into Indian restaurants and try to get a discount on curry because they are Indian?

If there are thousands of Indian people in Pattaya questioning the rational of Pattaya prices will this bring down prices?

Does the influx of Indian tourists mean that women will come running up to Falang and beg for his business because he is not likely to bargain?

The Russians I met in Pattaya were mean spirited and when I saw them flooding into a 7/11 I just waited until they were gone because I don’t like being jostled and cut in front of in a line.

Do the Indians try to bargain in 7/11?

If you are not currently staying in Pattaya this question is not meant for you to answer.

I lived in Pattaya for a couple of years and I’m thinking of moving back because I miss the variety of restaurants and night life. I am wondering if the Indian tourists are having a positive impact on lowering prices.

I am wondering what parts of town the Indians frequent. Do they dance at the Bamboo at night? Where do they go?