Nirun Condo To Walking Street - How To Go Everyday?

Neole

What's the most economical way to get to walking street from Nirun Condo and back again everyday? I and my girlfriend would be using Tony's gym at the far end of Walking Street everyday. I dont know the songtaw patterns in central pattaya yet.

Also how do I get to Tony's gym on 3rd road (near Tony's food court) from Nirun Condo?

P.S. I dont own or rent a bike.

You can walk 400 meters up to Central Road, then take a sontaew from there. I'm not sure of the logistics, though. I would imagine most turn right on 2nd road. Perhaps others can chime in whether there are some that go down to Beach road and then towards South Pattaya Road.

You can walk 400 meters up to Central Road, then take a sontaew from there. I'm not sure of the logistics, though. I would imagine most turn right on 2nd road. Perhaps others can chime in whether there are some that go down to Beach road and then towards South Pattaya Road.

All you have to do in point left (South Pattaya) and the baht bus will either stop or shake his head and keep going.

All you have to do in point left (South Pattaya) and the baht bus will either stop or shake his head and keep going.

Or you can ask them. I regularly ask on Soi Buakow if they are going up to Big C in North Pattaya, otherwise I often have to take two baht buses to get there. It's a myth that if you ask where they are going you will have to pay more--it's simply not true in the non-touristy areas like Soi Buakow. I would assume the same is true on Central Road.

Whatever you save on the condo you will pay for in motorcycle taxis. Didn't you say that you would be moving to a hotel and that the condo was for your girlfriend??

Anyway my suggestion of RC in your other thread puts you on the baht bus route as well as walking distance from the gym. Grab it whilst you can....if available.

Thanks Jimmyd and Aussiechick!

Jiu-Jitsu - Im still on Diamond Beach Hotel walking street till the end of the month and wanted to extend it for a month but my girlfriend says move into an apartment with her and give her the money I save on the hotel :(

She liked Nirun cos of the swimming pool in the building and plenty of shops downstairs. Ive got two offers for condos there for 4k a month and they were pretty decent.

I also have an option of Day Night 2 near Tuckom which is pretty reasonable and more like a hotel than an apartment - 7k per month or 5k longtime. She likes this as well but its slowly creeping over my expected budget! Ive got a couple of days yet to make a decision.

Whatever you save on the condo you will pay for in motorcycle taxis. Didn't you say that you would be moving to a hotel and that the condo was for your girlfriend??

Anyway my suggestion of RC in your other thread puts you on the baht bus route as well as walking distance from the gym. Grab it whilst you can....if available.

Im a little confused as to how RC is on the baht bus route.. does 3rd road have regular baht buses?

Im a little confused as to how RC is on the baht bus route.. does 3rd road have regular baht buses?

The Buses are on the way to and from Chom Tien. Surely if you had taken a look you would have seen that the condo is a minutes walk from the junction. Have you actually been there yet?

Until you do, you are just wasting time. If you are staying at Diamond Beach you can just walk to see the rooms or just jump on one of the Chom Tien taxis waiting on Tha Phraya outside the school. Get off at the junction before you reach Residence Garden....obviously it's on the Baht Bus route. Unless you get yourself and your girl a motorbike, I can't see you doing the walk from Nirun day in and day out. Try it. :) Motorbike rental or taxi will be the way for you. How close is Nirun to the gym???

There will be tears.... mark my words.

OK, smartarse remarks aside. The idea of buying a bicycle is the one I would go with. You can go anywhere at your own leisurely pace then.

PS. You can pull birds on the side. Just ask that... golden <deleted> chap.

Edited by NanLaew

There will be tears.... mark my words.

OK, smartarse remarks aside. The idea of buying a bicycle is the one I would go with. You can go anywhere at your own leisurely pace then.

PS. You can pull birds on the side. Just ask that... golden <deleted> chap.

But he will need a tandem (as he says in his OP that he and his g/f go to the gym).

I've seen one for sale at the side of Sukhumvit Road, just south of the floating market.

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

^ Well spotted... the only problems I ever had with a tandem was people throwing water over us (and this was NOT during Songkran and NOT in Thailand).

Which beggars the question... why doesn't the OP ask his gf for the most economical way? He has already deferred to her in the area of accommodation and rent.

Thanks Jimmyd and Aussiechick!

Jiu-Jitsu - Im still on Diamond Beach Hotel walking street till the end of the month and wanted to extend it for a month but my girlfriend says move into an apartment with her and give her the money I save on the hotel :(

She liked Nirun cos of the swimming pool in the building and plenty of shops downstairs. Ive got two offers for condos there for 4k a month and they were pretty decent.

I also have an option of Day Night 2 near Tuckom which is pretty reasonable and more like a hotel than an apartment - 7k per month or 5k longtime. She likes this as well but its slowly creeping over my expected budget! Ive got a couple of days yet to make a decision.

Well if I had the choice between Nirun and a condo on Day-Night.............Day-Night would be the place.

Friendship around the corner, Walking Street on walking distance, South Pattaya night market around the other corner........

lol, so her solution is for you to lower your living standards and give her the extra cash. nice to see she's thinking about you.

why not move to that lower priced unit, and use the extra cash to buy a bike. once the bike is paid off you could re-hire her or another, and your transport issues would be solved. i'm sure getting to the gym is the least of your transport problems. buying a bike would also save you money on day to day transport costs.

also, nirun to walking street tony's is way too far, use his gyms on 3rd road, much closer.

you could walk/jog there, but you'd get bitten by dogs no doubt.

Well she ended up making me decide to buy a bike after all. We rented a bike for a couple of days and also tried the songtao / motorbike taxis, and a bike seems to be the most convenient (and cheapest, if you own one!)

The Buses are on the way to and from Chom Tien. Surely if you had taken a look you would have seen that the condo is a minutes walk from the junction. Have you actually been there yet?

I did check out RC, and my girlfriend decided on Nirun. She has to live in the apartment most of the time so I had to leave the decision to her..

I personally wouldn't want to live at Nirun W/out transportation. Your only real options are to walk to Carrefour and catch a BB or take a moto taxi(there are always many available). Lots of people live there with out but I wouldn't want to. Getting around would be kind of a pain in the ass IMO. I had a bike and really liked living there. It is a great little community. But it's not on a regular BB rout.

I don't think any of us are surprised by your decision. :) It clearly bears no relation to your original request. :rolleyes:

Youre right.. we had never intended to stay in central pattaya, but somehow it ended up like this and me spending more money than I would have if I had just paid 6-7k for a condo in south pattaya :(

But its making her happy so Im ok with it. Thanks for all the advise though!