Scam?

lincdales

A very intelligent woman I used to know, works for Air Traffic Control in a senior roll although she was relatively young at the time called me up and asked if it was real that she could win some money in a draw she never entered !!!!

Yes - the people who assist the pilots with landing our planes can fall for something this obvious...... It really does shock me how unsavvy some folk can be.

greed does strange things. if the 419 scammers can fall prey to the absurd requests of the baiters, why would you be surprised a greedy woman would want to believe someone they met on the internet would send them vast sums of money?

It's known as 'advance fee fraud' where they come up with some kind of promise of a large payment for one of many reasons which requires a handling fee before it's released.

Anything that requires payment before funds are released should be deemed as some sort of scam.

..............ironic really, wait for the uproar from the Thais when a few have been ripped off by this scam. :lol:

Thais get ripped off all the time but mainly by their own. Normally you don't hear an 'uproar' from them because they would lose a lot of face admitting they were duped.

The only 'uproar' I hear in Thailand is when farang men who have bought a house and car for their teerak from a bar unexpectedly discover this is her career and he was just another customer.

Edited by Loaded

Have you heard of the Nigerian 419 scam? This is to do with that. You send goods/cash and they want money advanced to receive whatever they claim to hav esent, ususally plenty of money from a dead relative etc. Ridiculous if you beleive this sort of rubbish.

Total scam.

You should report all details to they UK police so that they can investigate the source, forward all copies fo emails, banking docs etc. etc. and an investigation can becommeneced.

Kind regards

Nigeria's 419 scam.....................100%, and I have no doubt it even coming from Nigeria, routing though the UK. Even if you don’t respond to this now...........There will be more scams to come, She is on their mailing list now. Best start educating yourself and family on this matter. Just remember this; If it sounds too good to be true.................It probably is!!!!!! An old saying, but very appropriate.

There have been some recent arrests of Israelis running the "Nigerian" scams. Talk about a false flag operation. Imagine Nigerians running any kind of a sophisticated scam.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/court-israelis-suspected-in-nigerian-scam-can-be-extradited-to-u-s-1.296597

Edited by Pakboong