Burgers

N47HAN

I had a good burger at Sizzler yesterday.

The sizzler burger is half-decent, but at 340baht I expect more than that.

Also Steveo's is fcking terrible these days. They went from making a good burger to a mediocre and now inedible one. Not even their good milk shakes can get me there anymore. I guess after the little incident with the thai woman stealing about 100k over a few months from there they have decided to save money on proper ingredients or something.

Green man's texas mega burger is also bad these days and The Club in nai harn, which made a good burger, shut down a while ago so where to get a proper burger in the in the chalong/kata/rawai area these days?!

It is good value if you are really hungry as can tuck into unlimited salads, soups, pasta, fruit & dessert as well as the burger which comes with fries, baked potato or rice. But you know that already, perhaps others don't. Have not been to Steveo's for a while but usually get a hot dog which is fairly safe. Will have to try out the one near the Boat Lagoon as I pass by there on occasion. Does anyone have an opinion, good or bad, on the burgers from Flintstones (Flints One)?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best cheeseburger I've found is from Coconut Paradise at the end of Rawai Beach. Its only a small place, but the burgers and chips are WONDERFUL!

Their fish and chips? Fish too strong tasting for my taste, but again - the chips make up for it!

The fish and chips at Nikita's? The fish is great (for the Western taste), but the chips were awful. Their burgers are good, but not as good as Coconut Paradise

Mind you (I hope the owner is reading this), the last 2 times I went there, the chips were a touch under-cooked.

Incidentally, if you go there and think the food is as good as I do, ask for a loyalty card. It was about the 5th time I went there that I met the owner (nice guy) and he recognised me from previous visits. We got chatting and he asked whether I had a loyalty card. It hadn't been offered me by the staff, so I was v happy to hear about it as it gives a 10% discount on food!

And apologies to those that think Thai food here is the best in the world. I envy you - personally I CRAVE Western food occasionally. Everyone to their own.

Edited by F1fanatic

sounds weird to me since in about 100 languages, chips refers to what i posted

pommes frites alias french fries is also called chips in some languages like british, and I m not English :)

what you have pictured is in thai called LAY, as this is the most common brand name here, and I believe brits call it crisps

back to topic, burgers :P

patate frite would be the french word for this.. pommes frites would be a fried apple which is available at some fastfood joints also

Im pretty sure if you travel through india/africa/asia and ask someone for chips, if they're at all connected to the western world they'll bring you some chips and not some french fries.

Doesnt really matter though, but theres just one little place in the world that uses chips for fries and i feel that its dumb for them to assume everyone should know about them being weird

Pomme frites is French for fried potato. Potato in French is Pomme de Terre (apple of the earth).

French fried only means deep fried.

Not only "that little place" calls them chips. Most of her ex-colonies also use the word.

Back on subject. I've eaten at Coconut Paradise and the food is mostly good (though breakfast isn't great and it's over-priced), so, on F1fanatics recommendation, I'll give the burger a go at the next opportunity.

http://www.google.co.th/images?q=patate&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=GdjPTPy8NtOd4QalkajRBg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=8&ved=0CFIQsAQwBw&biw=1107&bih=1183

pommes de terres is only used in france (and a lot more countries than france speak french) and its not even used in the whole france.

and anyways, in every single french dialect , its simply "frites"

Edited by ilyelol

patate frite would be the french word for this.. pommes frites would be a fried apple which is available at some fastfood joints also

Im pretty sure if you travel through india/africa/asia and ask someone for chips, if they're at all connected to the western world they'll bring you some chips and not some french fries.

Doesnt really matter though, but theres just one little place in the world that uses chips for fries and i feel that its dumb for them to assume everyone should know about them being weird

fish & chips is a world known food from UK, and consist of deep fried fish and deep fried potatoes pealed and sliced in a special way, in some other languages called french fries and in the country of origin (France) called pommes frites, today in France usually shortend to "frites". in some languages called pommes.

both canadians and yanks use "fish & chips" for this course, even if they call pommes frites for french fries in Mc Donalds

asking for chips in previously UK dominated India is guaranteed to provide you with french fries/pommes frites

asking for chips in LOS usually returns a smile :) , asking for LAY or Pringles gets you crisps, or chips as you prefere to call them :D

Guess its time for a couple of bacon cheese burgers for breakfast, no french fries though :D :D

Edited by katabeachbum

http://www.mcdonalds...food/index.aspx

click on calculatrice

Souper- accompagnement

I see "frites"

the only pomme i see is actual apples.

and in canada i have had a lot of fried battered fish and fries, no where was it called fish and chips. It was simply called battered fried fish with fries.

http://fr.burgerking...tion/index.html

Que diriez-vous de frites bien chaudes, dorées à point, croustillantes et délicieuses pour accompagner votre trio BK® favori? Dégustées seules, elles sont tout aussi irrésistibles. Trempez-les dans du ketchup, dans de la sauce barbecue, dans votre lait fouetté ou dans rien du tout. Qui sommes-nous pour vous juger? Savourez-les comme bon vous semble.

just went on mcdonalds.fr

they call it "frites" small or large.

The only pommes frites i saw was a sauce you could order.

Edited by ilyelol

click on calculatrice

Souper- accompagnement

I see "frites"

and in canada i have had a lot of fried battered fish and fries, no where was it called fish and chips. It was simply called battered fried fish with fries.

Que diriez-vous de frites bien chaudes, dorées à point, croustillantes et délicieuses pour accompagner votre trio BK® favori? Dégustées seules, elles sont tout aussi irrésistibles. Trempez-les dans du ketchup, dans de la sauce barbecue, dans votre lait fouetté ou dans rien du tout. Qui sommes-nous pour vous juger? Savourez-les comme bon vous semble.

web sites are nice

try the real world,

like any supermarket in France. frozen Pommes Frites is to be found. Like several other countries in Europe

and in Canada and US, try to eat in a "fish & chips" eatery

Why all the ballyhoo about chips, fries, pommes frittes? This thread is about burgers not what comes with them although a comment stating good, bad or indifferent about what comes with the burger is welcome as it may swing some whether or not to try a particular place.

click on calculatrice

Souper- accompagnement

I see "frites"

I don't know where you lived in Canada but in BC and Alberta (English speaking parts) Fish and chips will instantly be understood by everyone as fish and "french fries". It may be different in Quebec, but that's about it.

I always thought french fries were the thin, crispy fries that you get at places like McDonalds and chips (unless you're in the USA) were the big, fat fries you get with traditional English fish and chips.

I learn something new every day!

I always thought french fries were the thin, crispy fries that you get at places like McDonalds and chips (unless you're in the USA) were the big, fat fries you get with traditional English fish and chips.

I learn something new every day!

Yes you are correct...chips and french fries are not the same thing.

I have never heard of fish and french fries in my life...unless we include the mcfillet of fish at McDonalds

Anyhow...I am going to try out surf and Turf near boat lagoon tonight. Have to check out the burgers now people have said its so good!

I have never heard of fish and french fries in my life...unless we include the mcfillet of fish at McDonalds

Neuwe Harring and Fritten (with mayo) in Flemish Holland would just squeak in there..

Not your run of the mill fish and chips I give ya..

Flemish is dutch amd that part of belgium isnt it ?? I lived a bunch of years on the Belgian / Dutch border there and thought they were all flemish there ?? Not only the Belgies..

Nieuwe haring in soft white bread roll.. So much better than they sound.

But I still think a cone of friet acceptable accompaniment.

Edited by LivinLOS

Why all the ballyhoo about chips, fries, pommes frittes? This thread is about burgers not what comes with them although a comment stating good, bad or indifferent about what comes with the burger is welcome as it may swing some whether or not to try a particular place.

I have to agree with you 100%. I just eat burgers, the meat being good and the bun being good is important! I could care less about a fried potato or whatever you choose to call it. Yet another thread that has been derailed...

I have to agree with you 100%. I just eat burgers, the meat being good and the bun being good is important! I could care less about a fried potato or whatever you choose to call it. Yet another thread that has been derailed...

For some people what comes with the burger is also important . I dont think in a thread about burgers talking about what comes with them is really a derailment. When we move onto TukTuk drivers and their diserespect of burgers and burger scams in phuket thats when it has been derailed.

There is already a burgers in Phuket thread running anyhow so we might as well talk about something else....

There is already a burgers in Phuket thread running anyhow so we might as well talk about something else....

This would be thread you are talking about, wouldn't it be? As it's title is: Burgers The Best One ? And it is in the Phuket Forum. I guess there could be a new topic started, called: Fried Potatoes...

click on calculatrice

Souper- accompagnement

I see "frites"

Pommes Frites

If you could read french you'd see that pommes frites is a rarely used nickname for frites.

now you just look retarded, but cool story bro

Thanks for pointing that out, although I am having serious troubles finding the part were it says that pommes frites is a rarely used term for french fries. OK, my French is far from good, but right in the first sentence to me it says something along the lines of: Les frites are also called pommes frites, patates frites and occasionally fritches en wallon...

Whenever I asked for pommes frites in France, I have always ended up with fried potato stripes and never a fried apple.

Btw, it is rather just a link to what you land on if you look up pommes frites on wikipedia.fr, than a cool story!

You may enjoy the burger from Surf n Turf then. It is big & tasty enough to be enjoyed on its own. 230 grams of beef cooked on a BBQ grill & they use proper lettuce, not the limp variety. Tried it for the 1st time yesterday & now consider this the best burger out of the ones I have tried on Phuket.

Edited by Valentine