Renew Mc Drivers License

Orangutan

There doesn't seem to be a consistent method throughout Thailand. My recent experience in Phuket about a month ago, which I have read some others have done in other areas of Thailand as well, is that immigration is issuing a notification of residency slip similar to what one receives when doing the 90-day residency notification. The "letters" are no more. Just bring a copy of your rental contract or a bill to your address with your name on it to immigration. There is a small fee, although I don't know whether the fee is official or not. Phuket immigration staff are notoriously greedy buggers.

Get a copy of this slip before going to get your license. The Transport Department kept mine. No doctors note is needed, at least not in Phuket.

Hi,

well you do need a Residence certificate to renew your drivers license.

In Bangkok you need a valid Non Immigrant visa to get the Residence certificate. It costs about 150 THB.

I tried it with my Tourist visa one month ago and the didn't give me that paper :-(

Also keep in mind, that the Immigration office in Suan Plu has moved to a new location. The old Immigration office only opens on Saturdays.

Hi, you should go to your embassy and get your certificate of residence, it is the best way.

Please note that once you got the 1 year MC drving licence; the land and transportation department will renew it for 5 years riding licence.it cost around 300 baht.

you don't need to bring picture as the officer will take a picture of you at the office

but you will need a valid non immigrant visa.

bye

sylvain

Hi, you should go to your embassy and get your certificate of residence, it is the best way.

I depends on the LTO, as a number will only accept a letter from Immigration. Check first to avoid wasting time and money.

I have to renew my license also. Will immigration issue me a res. certificate if I arrive on a 30 day stamp. I guess I had a visa last time. Thanks

Again depends on immigration..

Phuket needs a rental contracts these days and I think owners ID which is a problem if like me your landlord is overseas.