Tiger Airways Launches Priority Boarding

george

Tiger Airways launches Priority Boarding

SINGAPORE: -- Tiger Airways Singapore has launched a new service for passengers who want priority boarding.

Called boardmefirst, the new service is now available on Tiger Airways’ international flights and costs Sin$6 per passenger per flight sector. An additional Sin$1 admin fee is chargeable for buying it through the call centre instead of online.

Rosalynn Tay, Managing Director of Tiger Airways Singapore, said, “boardmefirst is our latest innovation for customers to enjoy what they really want for a really low fee. It is the result of our Customer Task Force efforts to find out directly from customers what they want. One of their suggestions was to provide priority boarding the low-cost way, without requiring them to chalk up expensive miles.

The service is not yet available on the Singapore - Jakarta route.

-- AsiaTravelTips.com

fuc_k! When will these loser cheap airlines ever get the message. No matter what scheme they come up with next, it will always be shit! SouthWest Airlines in the States, give passengers a re-usable plastic number as they check in, then board by these numbers, no extra charge, get there early get low number...no brainer!!:annoyed:

This is entirely separate from paying to pick your seat - which you can also do on Tiger.

It merely allows you to get onto the plane before the other passengers - as seats are all allocated at check-in (or prior to, if you have paid when booking).

Just out of interest, I did a dummy booking on Tiger - BKK/PER/BKK for late this month, returning early August.

Tiger, with all the add-ons (15kg baggage/exit row seat/convenience fee) but no meals or convenience packs etc - all up fare TBH27,050.

Singapore Airlines - TBH21,865.

FMD!!!!! SQ half owns Tiger, and can undercut them by 20% while still offering full service on one of the world's best airlines.

>>Tiger, with all the add-ons (15kg baggage/exit row seat/convenience fee) but no meals or convenience packs etc - all up fare TBH27,050.

FMD!!!!! SQ half owns Tiger, and can undercut them by 20% while still offering full service on one of the world's best airlines.

SQ is running promotions ( see the banner at the top of TV) from BKK now for the winter season there, but IIRC the tickets are usually mid 30's to get to OZ on SQ.

>>Tiger, with all the add-ons (15kg baggage/exit row seat/convenience fee) but no meals or convenience packs etc - all up fare TBH27,050.

SQ is running promotions ( see the banner at the top of TV) from BKK now for the winter season there, but IIRC the tickets are usually mid 30's to get to OZ on SQ.

This is not one of the promotional fares as you pointed to (for Perth, at least) eg miles are applicable. Also, I can't ever remember a BKK/PER/BKK fare above 30k, and in fact last year (August, for Sept flights) paid just 16K.

I once had a really bad experience with Tiger airlines and will NEVER fly with them again

nice of you to tell us what happened...

Well it was about 6 months ago now and I had booked 2 one way tickets (wife and I) from Mackay in NQ Australia to Melbourne, we also live about 130kms from the airport, a friend drove us down in the morning arriving 2 hours prior to flight departure......I might add that I rely on a manual wheelchair to get about and consider myself more able bodied than disabled...Anyway at check in I was asked if I had called to advise that I was wheelchair bound, I told them no, I was then told that I had to advise them 3 days prior to flying and that it is in the terms and conditions.. I have had this disability (paraplegia) for 35 years and have never been refused carriage on any aircraft anywhere and have never read the terms and conditions. They then said I could fly the following day for a small fee. I told them that I really needed to fly today as we were flying out the following day from Melbourne to Bangkok, no further alternative and no sorrys, they were really very rude and blunt, they couldnt give a stuff. In the end I gave up or should I say was told to go away. I then booked 2 more tickets / last minute with another airline at great expense (equivalent to BNE-BKK return). I will never attempt to fly tiger again

<div><br></div><div>Nothing new and nothing to be proud of as it is only a way to segregate in money terms as non paying the boarding is normally</div><div>processed.</div><div>Not much to talk about.</div><div>Air Asia is much more friendly and so much nicer with customers in needs of services. </div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

<br><b>Tiger Airways launches Priority Boarding</b><br> <br>SINGAPORE: -- Tiger Airways Singapore has launched a new service for passengers who want priority boarding.<br><br>Called boardmefirst, the new service is now available on Tiger Airways' international flights and costs Sin$6 per passenger per flight sector. An additional Sin$1 admin fee is chargeable for buying it through the call centre instead of online.<br><br>Rosalynn Tay, Managing Director of Tiger Airways Singapore, said, "boardmefirst is our latest innovation for customers to enjoy what they really want for a really low fee. It is the result of our Customer Task Force efforts to find out directly from customers what they want. One of their suggestions was to provide priority boarding the low-cost way, without requiring them to chalk up expensive miles.<br><br>The service is not yet available on the Singapore - Jakarta route.<br><br>-- <a href="http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news10/67-TigerAirways.shtml" class="bbc_url" title="External link" rel="nofollow external">AsiaTravelTips.com</a><br>
<br><br><br>

Correct and you must let them know the reasons in writing otherwise they carry on abusing and mistreating.....

I once had a really bad experience with Tiger airlines and will NEVER fly with them again