Wheel Rim Tape

visions

Wheel Rim Tape.....I know its been discussed before but I cant find any threads about it.

Anyone know of any places that sell rim tape in the Pattaya area? Or where to buy?

Ebay I know but I prefer to get localy if I can.

Have a look upstairs in the Friendship supermarket

in the first isle on the left where they keep various sticky tape there is a tape called " fender tape "

lots of colors and few differnt widths.

I bought some of that and had the bike shop on the opposite side of the road apply it to my rims, been on for nearly 10 months now.

Just a note on my use.

I had a 4 year old bike and decided to put this Pro-grip reflective red tape on the wheels.

It was hard to get the tape even though I had the special applicator tool.

http://www.motospecialties.com/UploadImages%5CProGripWheelTape.jpg

Then when I tried to remove it, it took the wheel's paint off with it.

So I had to leave it on the wheel a little crooked.

The tape has serious adhesive.

Edited by ttakata

Just a note on my use.

I had a 4 year old bike and decided to put this Pro-grip reflective red tape on the wheels.

It was hard to get the tape even though I had the special applicator tool.

http://www.motospeci...ipWheelTape.jpg

Then when I tried to remove it, it took the wheel's paint off with it.

So I had to leave it on the wheel a little crooked.

The tape has serious adhesive.

Thanks for the info.....very welcome thanks.

The trick when using stripeing decals etc is to use water with a little dish washing detergent in it.....lets u slide the stripeing around a little without gripping the paint...when in correct place u use a plastic squgee or whatever to firmly sqish any water out and its stuck on great .

Ive never seen an applicator like that, good idea...but...... It would demand u hold the same angle, relative to the rim exactely, or u get a difference in distance from the edge...just enuf to notice it isnt fair like you experienced.

I want white reflective tape...On metalic blue rims. not sure they sell in those narrow widths>> must check it out.

Im doing a total repaint and quite a few custom stickers to go on. I will post some pics when all done...but maybe a month away yet.

not sure they sell in those narrow widths>> must check it out.

The supplier on the cbr classifieds site seel in 0.6 and 1 cm widths.

Im doing a total repaint and quite a few custom stickers to go on. I will post some pics when all done...but maybe a month away yet.

Do indeed. looking forward to it. :)

not sure they sell in those narrow widths>> must check it out.

The supplier on the cbr classifieds site seel in 0.6 and 1 cm widths.

Do indeed. looking forward to it. :)

Wow...Went into a bike shop in Rayong and hunted around...hidden beneath many other things.......found exactly what I wanted...The curved rim tape in reflective white!! 8mm but thats ok.

Had several wheel sizes in blue, and in reflective white and gold/yellow Might include just a smidgin of the gold/yellow also....as would compliment the Metalic blue rims and match what I have in mind for the other decals.