Fatal Motorcycle Accident Near Pattaya Claims One Life

2. 54

Wine In Checked Baggage

3. 6

Words sentences that are offensive

4. 30

Tobbaco

5. 14

Why Does Kamala Harris Disrespect Minorities by Imitating their Accents.?

6. 2

Pickup Truck Driver Falls Asleep, Crashes into 2 Motorcycles, Leaving 1 Dead & 1 Injured

7. 509

Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

8. 25

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

9. 2

Fatal Motorcycle Accident Near Pattaya Claims One Life

10. 25

Honeymoon Period Over for Kamala Harris Polls Show Tight Race

11. 105

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

12. 509

Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

13. 1,007

Its Happening - Law to Tax Overseas Income Now in Progress

Home Delivery Of The Int'L Herald Tribune Newspaper

NancyL

We've been enjoying home delivery of the International Herald Tribune for many months, finding our paper on our front porch every day well in advance of their promise to deliver by noon. Several weeks ago, delivery times started to slip and we weren't getting the paper until well into the afternoon. Then, starting last week, we didn't receive the paper at all.

The customer service rep in Hong Kong responds well to emails and called me several times, but the frustration has continued. Apparently she was being told impossible stories by their CM delivery person -- things like "they got the paper", "it was left in the gate, maybe someone took it", etc. When were were home all day, didn't see a delivery attempt and don't have a gate.

We live in one of the sois between Thapae Gate and Warorot Market. Is anyone else in CM having a problem with home delivery of their International Herald Tribune?

I'm not having any problems, and have subscribed for 2+ years now. I suggest you wait for the delivery man tomorrow (my delivery man arrive son a motorbike and he is deliverying all kinds of publications, not just the IHT) and talk to him. Maybe you can find a secure place for him to put the paper just in case someone is taking it.

Thanks Roger -- that's what we've been doing for the past couple of days. Waiting with either Hubby or I on watch until the delivery person came. Yesterday it was 2:40 pm. Today it was 1:20 pm. We showed each guy where to put the paper so that passers-by couldn't get it. I also said (in my flawed Thai) that the paper was suppose to arrive by noon. The guy yesterday was downright rude -- didn't want to get out of the car or pay attention as I showed him where to put the paper. Today's guy more closely fits the description for your delivery guy . He was on a motorcycle and had many other Thai newspapers on his bike. I think I've seen him around the soi delivering newspapers to the Thai residents. He had no clue where we live so I don't think he's delivered before..

I talked with yet another customer service rep -- this one in Bangkok. She said something about this person being new and that's why delivery was late. I asked if this person was going to continue as our delivery guy and she said "yes, maybe" -- a classic Thai answer. I guess we have to watch again tomorrow to see if the same guy shows up. The real bummer is that we can't turn on the aircon while we wait, because we want to leave the front door open to see the activity on our front porch.

I find it hard to believe that we're the only people in Chiang Mai having this problem.

Nancy,

I doubt this helps and you may already know this -- or my facts may be wrong -- but I am under the impression that the delivery guy is a sub-contractor and apparently the IHT changes suppliers from time to time. When I originally subscribed, I needed to inform the IHT 3 days in advance if I wanted to stop delivery (for example, when going on holiday.) Now it is 5 days. I asked Hong Kong why and they said they had a new distributor that required 5 days notice. If you problems persist you may want to try to find out who this distributor is and contact the boss their directly to negotiate a solution.

FTI - the IHT promised my delivery by 1 PM and I almost always get it around 11 AM. I live near Chiang Mai University.

Edited by roger1999

Today was another dismal day. The paper didn't arrive until 1:40 pm and it was yet another new delivery person. It's really wearing on us to leave the front door open until delivery time to see that the paper isn't taken by patrons of the bar next door. Today the temp got up to 32 deg C in our home. Yesterday it was 25 deg at 9 pm despite turning on the aircon the moment the paper delivered. This service is suppose to be a convenience!

I emailed them today and said if the paper doesn't deliver by noon, then Hubby is going to walk the couple hundred yards down to the newstand on Thapae Rd and buy our copy there.

I guess no one else in Chiang Mai is having problems (or reads the Int'l Herald Tribune) because of the lack of response to this posting.

Edited by NancyL