Changes In The We Tv Line-Up

NancyL

WE TV seems to have changed their channel line-up at the beginning of July. We received a letter (in Thai) from them a couple weeks ago with a new channel list. I didn't spend the time to crack open the Thai dictionary and translate their letter because we'd already done enough channel surfing to realize we are still getting a good value for our 350 baht/month.

We still have the balanced news sources (Fox & Aljazeera) plus the gov't sponsored channel from Singapore, Australian news and news channels from France, Japan and Germany that seem to broadcast in English during parts of the day. Hey, it's not CNN and BBC, but the price is right.

They've added another English-language movie channel (17) and sometimes show movies of interest on channel 16, if you're a teenage boy interested in Asian martial arts movies. Plus (this is MOST important). They're showing the entire Desperate Housewives series, two episodes at a time, at 8:30 am and repeated at 8:30 pm on channel 18. It's bliss -- no commercials and no hooking up the computer to the TV and swearing when the internet bogs down!

You can access their movie schedule on their website. It's become a morning ritual for me -- check out the WE TV movies for the day and look 'em up on Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes. We've enjoyed many movies we would have by-passed at the DVD seller!

It could do with a few less movie channels and add some Discovery and National Geographic channels in English.:jap:

I like what one commentator said about Fox. they are one step away from using animation.:lol:

Edited by jayjay0

"I like what one commentator said about Fox. they are one step away from using animation.:lol:"

Actually, I think they already have. But then so does CNN, MSNBC and most of the other crap that passes for news back in the US. Fox does have better looking News Babes reading the spin though;)

People who are serious about news do not get it on TV. They are all biased in their own way and none of them are all that exciting. I like to have a few news channels to choose from and do a lot of channel switching.

And where do you get news that is not biased. I would enjoy that for a change. Maybe Bloomberg if that is your thing.

People who are serious about news do not get it on TV. They are all biased in their own way and none of them are all that exciting. I like to have a few news channels to choose from and do a lot of channel switching.

And where do you get news that is not biased. I would enjoy that for a change. Maybe Bloomberg if that is your thing.

Wait a minute people. Saying "they are all biased", etc. glosses over a significant reality.

There is biased, very biased, utter propaganda, then there is Fox. Even people who have little knowledge and less interest in US politics have commented to me about the blatant distortion and manipulation on that channel. Heck, Fox has even admitted they are not really a news organization.

I dropped WeTv. I think the Discovery Channel was the best thing on.

Better to find a few good internet sites.

I think that depends on your politics. Al Jazeera is pure propaganda when dealing with certain issues and very fair when dealing with ones that have nothing to do with their agenda. The BBC and CNN have proved that they sometimes report without having a clue with their recent reporting about the violence in Bangkok and a CNN reporter put a message on a public forum praising a Hazboloh leader.

Fox are not any better, but they often report important stories that other networks try to ignore like the Black Panthers who intimidated voters in front of a polling station in the U.S. and were not prosecuted because "their victims were white". Fox forced the rest of the media into exposing the story.

They are all biased, but, of course, if you agree with the bias, it is easy to ignore. ;)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Not as entertaining though and Fox has better looking babes. ;)

Everyone to their own taste - but as far as I am concerned, the shrieking, brassy, artificially enhanced, aggressively right wing Fox women announcers remind me exactly why I have lived here for the past quarter century!

HOT Thai news announcers would be great, but, as far as I know, there aren't any doing the International news in English. However, Michelle (Maglalong) Malkin is pretty cute for a Conservative wench. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

HOT Thai news announcers would be great, but, as far as I know, there aren't any doing the International news in English. However, Michelle (Maglalong) Malkin is pretty cute for a Conservative wench. :D

Point taken - but I'm still not going back!