Motorcycle

wandeeboy

hi everybody,

i am moving to stay in phuket on long term basis on employment. thinking of purchasing a suzuki skydrive 125 auto scooter with alloy wheel to get around. need some advises from experience member. can anyone tell me whether this model of scooter use tubeless tyre on its alloy wheel? any member who has own a suzuki skydrive 125 with good or bad experience?? all contributions and advise appreciated.

thank in advance

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of buying one as i liked the style of it........i hired one for a test drive but knew in the first 200 metres that it wasnt for me

the wheels are too small and it didnt feel very stable

steering column and handlebar position feels too low for me as an average size farang

it only has the monoshock suspension on the rear which in my opinion is just to save money

overall build quality is not up to the yamaha and honda bikes

i am a biker of 30 years experience and weighed up carefully the pros and cons before purchasing my scooter

there are only two choices in my opinion and that is the honda airblade or the yamaha nouvo

i suggest u hire both for a couple of days and then decide between the two

i went for the nouvo because it has bigger wheels making it more stable with excellent handling..it also has 2 shocks on the back like a proper m/c.....its a quick machine for its size.......good build quality........several yamaha dealers in CM where i am based

Its true, Thaivisa is become a club of people trying to justifying what they bought. Two years ago I had a noble idea to tell people on this forum that the CBR150R was going out of production at the end of 2009, and its hard to comprehend the amount of negative reactions I got. Now, we are two years later, and all, everybody who said I was crazy ...do not talk about it again...

I know from fact that 7 people on this forum bought a Honda CBR150R in February and got the delivery in March, when Honda announced officially that the Honda CBR150R was EOL (end of production) and would not be available after March. Even people on this forum, try to promote buying a Honda CBR150R after this official Honda announcement....???

Thaivisa motorcycle forum is for actual information a bad place to be, if you really hate something and want to blow of steam its probably a good place....

About the latest motorcycle news you just at the wrong place.... Everything here is just old news... nobody here who actually works in the motorcycle industry is posting new information...

OP, Skydrive is one of the best flat floor/one shock medium size scoots in LOS. Better than Mio/Fino/Click on power, handling and brakes

I believe the only less than 135cc scoot with tubeless is Yammy Elegance 135cc with mags. More expensive than Skydrive, but higher spec with dual shocks and larger brakes. Abel to carry more load

have a 3-4 year old Suzuki Step here in addition to yammys and hondas. Except for occasioanl flat tyres, totally problemfree and very strong up the hills. Still on original battery for some reason, all others last max 2 years