Corn....

Grawburg

Good quality corn is sweet and makes a great addition to most dessert recipes.I like corn in coconut milk with sugar and a dash of salt warmed up.As to peanut butter,try peanut butter and mustard sandwichs on white bread. :licklips::licklips:

You should try "Ice Cream Mahachai" - Coconut Ice Cream with Corn, Diced and / or dried Coconut, some type of Bean (not sure what!) plus some other stuff.

It's available in the Foodcourt at Central Bangna so doubtless other places too - and of course in Mahachai (Samut Sakorn), the best place there is the "Tha Rua" restaurant.

Patrick

a nice ear of steamed sweet corn is a treat with or without ice cream...it must have lotsa sugar as it makes my blood glucose level go crazy...

my 7 y/o niece approaches me with a bag with a couple of ears and beams her most beautiful smile as she knows that she's pleased her uncle tutsi immensely...

she will be 8 soon and the above scenario could then be replayed with 'trade ya de bag fer a new mobile, uncle tuts...' :(

Edited by tutsiwarrior

• 2 weeks later...

Is the white one boiled in it's husks the same species as the yellow one sold on the side of country roads?

I'd say, no. As an American from New England, it is my feeling that the local yellow corn tastes a lot like the white corn we get at home= sweet and delicious. The local white corn, despite looking like N.E. sweet corn, turns out to be very starchy and not as sweet as the yellow here. Hope that helps... good luck.

• 1 month later...