Non-Imm B + Work Permit

For the past 4 years I have worked for a UK company on a 1 yr non-immigrant B visa multiple entry giving me 90 stay but I was always flying in and out every month so didnt really bother me.....Now my circumstances have changed, I am living and working in pattaya with 4 months left on my current non-imm B but I also have a valid work permit, as I dont travel out of the country like before my 90 day stamp is about to expire and I have been told 2 different stories on what i need to do -

1. Go to Immigration in Jomtien with visa and work permit and they will simply give me a 90 day stamp no need to leave the country.

2. No. 1 is <deleted> and I must leave the country and return to get the 90 day stamp.

Can anyone tell me from experience what I need to do?

Thanks

Gordon

Work Permit doesn't make any difference, you need to leave before your current permission to stay expires, and re-enter for another 90 days. Also, you can re-enter just before your visa expires, and receive another 90 day stay.

You could apply for 1-year extension of stay based on employments if you qualify.

Extension of Thai Business Visa

The Thai "B" or Business Visa can be extended to a one year visa in country as follows.

The extension of the visa is normally based on employment and as such there are certain regulations governing the company who is employing you.

These are the regulations for the extension of the "B" Business Visa:

1. The business must be registered in Thailand.

2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.

3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.

4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Duration of the Extension

- One year at a time.

Documents required for the extension:

1. Application form (T.M. 7 )

2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .

3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .

4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-

5. The company letters certifying as follows ;

- Nature of business

- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.

- Number of Thai and foreign employees.

6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.

7. Company's annual balance sheets.

8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.

10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.

12. Business Registration or Business License.

13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.

14. A map that indicate location of the Company.

15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.

16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.

Source: Thailand-immigration

Edited by PoorSucker

You have to elave the country, unless you go to immigration and apply for a 1 year extension of stay based on employment for which you have to qulalify. One of the requirements is that you earn at least 50,000 a month in Thailand and pay taxes over it. (income requirement depends on your nationality, but for most western countries it is 50,000 a month). Also requires  lot of paperwork, as with the work permit.<BR><BR>The setback is that you than would need a re-entry permit to leave the country, otherwise you would need a new non-B visa. A re-entry permit costs 1,000 baht (single or 3,800 (mutiple).

i am a little confused.   You say you have a one year multiple entry type B visa. That means you can stay for a year without leaving or zip in an out to your hearts content.  in case you do stay longer than 90 days consecutively you need to report/ confirm your residence to the Imm office. Every time you go out and back in the clock starts again so if you travel often you never have to do this. <div><br></div><div>You can do this reporting now through the mail or just zip into the Imm office, it is a single page form , they sign two halves , clip one part into your passport and that is it.  </div>

i am a little confused.   You say you have a one year multiple entry type B visa. That means you can stay for a year without leaving or zip in an out to your hearts content.  in case you do stay longer than 90 days consecutively you need to report/ confirm your residence to the Imm office. Every time you go out and back in the clock starts again so if you travel often you never have to do this. <div><br></div><div>You can do this reporting now through the mail or just zip into the Imm office, it is a single page form , they sign two halves , clip one part into your passport and that is it.  </div>

You are confused with a 1 year extension of stay. He doesn't have a 1 year extension of stay, but a 1 year multiple entry visa, which indeed requires he leaves the country every 90 days. Those two are different things, often mistaken with each other.