Good Barber/Haircut In Pattaya?

goin2thailand

Here are some recommendation notes I gleaned from other threads here; sorry for the lack of attribution:

1. "Hair Plus" located across the street from the east entrance to the Carrefour carpark.Look for a black sign saying Hairplus. The lady who runs it is called "A" and she cut my hair. The hair was cut exactly how I wanted it not the way the haircutter wanted.
  2. Beauty Shop in the Caesars Hotel on Second Road, just south of Pattaya Klang (Central Rd). On the east side of the street, opposite soi 8. Just 100 baht, never a bad haircut, always just what I ask for. She speaks excellent English, is quite pleasing on the eye, and has not changed her price for many years. Quite well worth it!!
  3. 80 baht shop because it is more hygienic. (Corner of Soi Honey and Soi Buckhaw).
  4. Its called Mays .Go down soi Buakhao from Pattaya central road ,and its the second hairdressers 100 meters down on the left .She usually has her yellow honda wave parked directly outside .Cost 150 baht .Her name is May and she is there mon to friday 9am to 6 pm .Sometimes Saturday also .
  5. a nice one on Central Road just up a few doors 2nd Road. If you are standing at the intersection of 2nd and Central facing up towards Sukhumvit, it's on the right-hand side about 20-30 meters from the corner (across from the Thai fruit market area). Great cuts and price of B 100 (despite that the sign says B125).
  6. I go to a lady named Dang on pattaya klang. Her shop has a green sign that says ben beauty salon or something to that effect. She also cuts my husband and son's hair. She's very good and very reasonably priced.
  7. on Pattaya Klang. about midway, the right side if you are going towards beach road. Green side has the word BEN in large letters.
  8. a really great heardresser next door to the Continental Bakery off Soi Buakhao.

I went to the one at Caesar's hotel and she was quite good if you just want a standard cut above the ears.

Dang on Pattaya Klang seemed overpriced, wanted 300 if I remember correctly. Maybe she's able to do more than one cut.

Here are some recommendation notes I gleaned from other threads here; sorry for the lack of attribution:

1. "Hair Plus" located across the street from the east entrance to the Carrefour carpark.Look for a black sign saying Hairplus. The lady who runs it is called "A" and she cut my hair. The hair was cut exactly how I wanted it not the way the haircutter wanted.
  2. Beauty Shop in the Caesars Hotel on Second Road, just south of Pattaya Klang (Central Rd). On the east side of the street, opposite soi 8. Just 100 baht, never a bad haircut, always just what I ask for. She speaks excellent English, is quite pleasing on the eye, and has not changed her price for many years. Quite well worth it!!
  3. 80 baht shop because it is more hygienic. (Corner of Soi Honey and Soi Buckhaw).
  4. Its called Mays .Go down soi Buakhao from Pattaya central road ,and its the second hairdressers 100 meters down on the left .She usually has her yellow honda wave parked directly outside .Cost 150 baht .Her name is May and she is there mon to friday 9am to 6 pm .Sometimes Saturday also .
  5. a nice one on Central Road just up a few doors 2nd Road. If you are standing at the intersection of 2nd and Central facing up towards Sukhumvit, it's on the right-hand side about 20-30 meters from the corner (across from the Thai fruit market area). Great cuts and price of B 100 (despite that the sign says B125).
  6. I go to a lady named Dang on pattaya klang. Her shop has a green sign that says ben beauty salon or something to that effect. She also cuts my husband and son's hair. She's very good and very reasonably priced.
  7. on Pattaya Klang. about midway, the right side if you are going towards beach road. Green side has the word BEN in large letters.
  8. a really great heardresser next door to the Continental Bakery off Soi Buakhao.

Another vote for number 5 on this list from me. I am very fussy with who cuts my hair but this salon does a great job everytime by any member of staff working there.

I also don't have that much hair, so only need a trim every few months. For years I've been using the lady hairdresser at the South Pattaya Road/Second Road intersection. She's not the cheapest in town, but she cuts it the way I like and her shop is very convenient for a trawl along Walking Street afterwards. The ladies in the bars will remark on your freshly groomed hair, you hansum man, you :rolleyes: . She usually closes around 9:00 PM or even later, but as with so many other places at the moment she is not exactly busy, so she may close a bit earlier. I had a haircut there 2 weeks ago at about 8:30 PM. The shop is located on the Beach Road side of the intersection (i.e. north-west), about 20 metres from Second Road towards the beach.

thanks for the reccomendations, there sure were many.. I dont really know my way around to know "soi 14, soi 3 opposite etc" so I just went round on my scoote and eventually found somewhere. She cut it ok but made the back and sides cut up too high for my liking, but i still thanked her and said it was a good job.. the cost was 150 baht!!!! but what can ya do. i never asked before hand

thanks for the reccomendations, there sure were many.. I dont really know my way around to know "soi 14, soi 3 opposite etc" so I just went round on my scoote and eventually found somewhere. She cut it ok but made the back and sides cut up too high for my liking, but i still thanked her and said it was a good job.. the cost was 150 baht!!!! but what can ya do. i never asked before hand

Well, shoulda followed the recommendations above. Oh, well, wait a month or so. Besides, in PTY, you're always a hansum man long as you got a wallet.

When confronted w/ an unknown Thai barber, the best thing to do in hope of getting things right is to draw some lines on your head, and perhaps ears, w/ a marker. See, if you'd done that, your back and sides wouldn't be too high.

BTW, Thai barbers are as notorious as baht buses for two-tiered pricing. You must always negotiate with them beforehand. 80 baht is about right (for a farang, by a skilled barber--it's rare in PTY you'll get them down to the Thai price), never more than 100--unless you go to one of upscale mall shops (very much not worth it IMO).

For a standard cut, the lady at Caesar's is about as skilled as any I've had in farangland. Sounds like the shop on 3rd rd near the 2nd rd intersection is good. Actually, I went there once, but they were so busy that I left.

Edited by JSixpack

I would quite happily pay 500 Baht for a haircut, if I could find someone who could cut hair and deserved the money. If a hairdresser is any good they are going to charge more and still get the custom, I have yet to find anyone in Pattaya who can cut hair professionally, and I have tried a few in the last 15 years.

• 1 year later...

I would quite happily pay 500 Baht for a haircut, if I could find someone who could cut hair and deserved the money. If a hairdresser is any good they are going to charge more and still get the custom, I have yet to find anyone in Pattaya who can cut hair professionally, and I have tried a few in the last 15 years.

I always use Toni and Guy in MBK in Bkk, costs 700-900 but in my opinion it's well worth it. I have used Toni and Guy in the UK and all the staff are trained to cut hair the same way. If you're in Bkk you should check it out.

Easy.

Number 2 please.

Buzzzzz, trim, buzzzzzzz.

50 Baht.

All over Pattaya.

Lovely.

It must be a couple of months since you had your haircut Dingo, as it's at least 60-70 THB nowadays.

Soi 1 off Pattaya Klang near Smitty's bar. 50 Baht & a little further along 60 baht. Seen other places too on my travels but as they are further away I'd rather go local.

Have to admit I have also seen plenty that charge 100 Baht for a quick no. 2 buzz.

edit to say these cheap places do seem to be tucked away off the main drag.

Edited by pattayadingo

I like DAENGS Salon on 2nd Road (near Pattaya North road) in the mall building that contains Kiss. A haircut will be 200 baht though. I know, too rich, for some of you.

Too rich for tight old sods like me with hardly any hair to begin with laugh.png

That extra money can go on beer. Hmmm. An extra 150 Baht = 2 large Leos whistling.gif

I like DAENGS Salon on 2nd Road (near Pattaya North road) in the mall building that contains Kiss. A haircut will be 200 baht though. I know, too rich, for some of you.

Too rich for tight old sods like me with hardly any hair to begin with laugh.png

That extra money can go on beer. Hmmm. An extra 150 Baht = 2 large Leos whistling.gif

I understand. I still have lots of hair and I feel lucky I found someone who does an acceptable job for me in town. Quality isn't necessarily related to price. I wouldn't be confident spending 1000 baht would guarantee a better cut.