Warning Canadians

The visa fees are higher than ever, you will only get the free visa if you do everything by mail(can take months).. now it is 100$ for a 2entry visa(75$ 2 years ago)... 140$ if you want it on the next open day.

What visa are you talking about?

Thailand has a standard rate for everybody.

please be specific when you want to inform others of new changes.

However I suspect that you are talking about Laos visa, which the Canadian has to pay the highest rate? Is it?

Always get my tourist visa from Consulate in Vancouver. $105.00 for a 3-entry. Never taken more than a week. According to website is now free until spring 2011.

only if you mail your application.

only 2 entry for 100$ in montreal

Why do they pick on the Canadians?

The Laos visa-on-entry cost for most western nationalities is 35 USD, but Canadians top the list at 42 USD.

What have the Canadians done to upset people?

Don't know but Aussies only pay USD$30, I think that is because we built and donated the 'Friendship Bridge' to them.

What visa are you talking about?

Thailand has a standard rate for everybody.

please be specific when you want to inform others of new changes.

However I suspect that you are talking about Laos visa, which the Canadian has to pay the highest rate? Is it?

Duhhhhh??

Why do they pick on the Canadians?

Oh no - picking on Canadians, and they are all so nice too.... So so so unfair! :ermm:

Nice, you say? The truth is they are a bunch of loonies. All that pent up politeness bound to explode!

post-37101-035460000 1280342079_thumb.jp

Edited by Jingthing

Just went to the Thai consulate in Wall center Vancouver today explained to them that I am awaiting paperwork from the Thai court stating I am legally the father of my son (my girlfreind and I are not married) ,so I can get a non O visa, I explained that I already went to the court etc now just waiting for the paperwork...I said I might need 6 month tourist visa,so she gave me a receipt for 0 dollars and tomorrow I pick up a 3 entry tourist visa.

• 4 weeks later...

i am going to email my consulate.. this is bullshit

Just received my free double entry tourist visa from the Montreal consulate. Sent the application by Expresspost late Tuesday evening and received my visa by Expresspost on Friday. Although on their automated voice mail, the consulate says that it takes about 3 weeks if mailed in, my visa was processed and mailed on the same day the application was received.