chuang

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its a tracking cookie.

OK, so does that mean that when it's on there is records my browsing habits, what sites I click on, ads I click, etc?

I assume that if I block this cookie it won't affect this sign in issue, can you confirm this?

It will not affect your sign in.

are you enabling third party cookies?

http://feedjit.com/static/howToEnableThirdPartyCookies.html

Thanks...... Well sort of.....

Followed the link and did what was said for Chrome.. Opened Thai Visa, Signed in then closed the browser...

Re opened Bowser and was still signed in... tried it a few times + as you can see can reply without having to re sign-in...

Now the bad bit every time I clicked on 'view new contents' it comes up with No New contents.. ?? So what now please ?

Do I have to sign out to view new contents ?

Think maybe was better to be able to view new contents and sign in 100 times a day then have to sign out every time then back in... is there another ling to the trick to View new Contents while still signed in ?

What browser are you using PP? and have you tried a different browser to see if the problem persists?

Chrome as I said, also sometimes use Firefox, but do not want to do the same on Firefox as you rather have to constantly sign-in, rather then sign out and in again...

Followed the link and did what was said for Chrome.. Opened Thai Visa, Signed in then closed the browser...

Re opened Bowser and was still signed in... tried it a few times + as you can see can reply without having to re sign-in...

Now the bad bit every time I clicked on 'view new contents' it comes up with No New contents.. ?? So what now please ?

Think maybe was better to be able to view new contents and sign in 100 times a day then have to sign out every time then back in... is there another ling to the trick to View new Contents while still signed in ?

Hi Ignis, how long after you signed in did you refresh to see new content? it does take it a few to reload. also, the new content will only be of those posts made since you logged.

Hi Ignis, how long after you signed in did you refresh to see new content? it does take it a few to reload. also, the new content will only be of those posts made since you logged.

Silly me yes, just click on new contents and is fine 38 new ones and still signed in..

Many thanks, wow all these months of constantly re signing in has come to the end by something so simple :)

<snip>

Am I the only one still having this problem or has everyone else given up hope?

I haven't had to log in since the 27th August.

You have to delete all cookies related to Thaivisa. All of them. The old ones especially. Everywhere - in your browser, your Windows profile. Everywhere.

As you can see from my previous posts I've done that several times now in the browser, where's my windows profile?

Just had to log in again to post this reply. So less than a day this time.

I can only speak for XP. My cookies were in the folder called "C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Cookies".

You probably have to enable "Show hidden files and folders" in Windows Explorer's "Tools\Folder Options\View" settings in order to see the folder.

Having the same problem as everybody else here, since the forum "upgrade"' Tried deleting cookies etc, but no long term effect. As I will definitely NOT allow 3rd Party cookies in any case (I mind my own business and suggest that marketing gurus and data miners do the same, please) I now resign and will read TV more often in guest mode. Seems I am one of many, as most of the time the number of guests is 10 or more times higher than the number of registered users. Som nam na.

^^^ have you tried the following?

Enable 3rd party cookies. Restart browser and log-in to TV. Exit browser. Start again and see if you remain logged in. If yes then now disable 3rd party cookies and see what happens.

I have 3rd party cookies disabled and have no log-in problem since I did the above after making sure ALL old cookies from the old software had been cleaned out.

opalhort

IE 8 blocks any third party cookie by default.

Please try enabling third party cookies

http://www.brighthub...cles/53235.aspx

http://feedjit.com/s...rtyCookies.html

Yes, always been enabled.

Currently I remain logged in for the day but when I close my computer down at night I start all over again the next day with the log in.

At least it's making me remember my password!

Edited by PattayaParent

Yep it all worked well for that one day, now it is back to the same as before both in Chrome and Firefox 4 beta.

close the browser and you have to re sign in... Re sign in = No new Contents.. still after this business of having to re sign in 50 + times a day for the past months have got used to it, it is all the other problems that is in this new formate that are a lot worse than having to re sign in..

The piles of emails per day

xxx has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled zzz

click on the link and appear pot luck which page it opens at NEVER on the page or person that has posted..... then there are the loads of email for the same topic... ? in the old format we have maybe 8+ new post for that topic in one email now we have 8+ new emails, This Morning there was 77 emails on about 8 topics !!! 5 emails were the same + it was NOT new as already yesterday had a email for the same topic and same poster.

Then there is the time that some post take to open, yesterday tried to open read a topic 30 mins and 4 x refresh still had not fully opened the topic........ I have a constant 6 mb connection.... it is only on TV that this loading problem happens.

We keep getting told the problems are getting sorted, there are new patched etc, yet months have gone by and it appears very little has improved......... At least this Post open the moment I clicked on it... the Post re 3 wheeled motorbike still has not opened yet

^Ignis, I don't get a problem when closing the browser, I can close and open all day (and do) and still be signed in. It's when I shut down the computer overnight then the next day I have to sign in.

It seems each of us has different problems which is odd, epecially if the majority of users have no problem.

^Ignis, I don't get a problem when closing the browser, I can close and open all day (and do) and still be signed in. It's when I shut down the computer overnight then the next day I have to sign in.

It seems each of us has different problems which is odd, epecially if the majority of users have no problem.

Friend visited today, tried TV on his laptop also with Firefox, closed the browser many times and reopened and always still signed in, only difference the laptop was XP, I have Windows 7.. have no idea if it is something to do with Win 7 ?

PattayaParent, it looks like the log-in info is only kept in the RAM rather than written to disk. Have you checked to make sure XP does not delete TEMP files on shut-down (sorry, no idea where to find this option but I recall it was mentioned during install).

Or your browser deletes TEMP and other files on shut-down.

From my observation browsers like IE DO NOT get out of the RAM (really shut-down) when you close them they only stop running. Only a full PC shut-down kills them.

Have a close look at all your browser settings, you may find something there.

opalhort

PattayaParent, it looks like the log-in info is only kept in the RAM rather than written to disk. Have you checked to make sure XP does not delete TEMP files on shut-down (sorry, no idea where to find this option but I recall it was mentioned during install).

From my observation browsers like IE DO NOT get out of the RAM (really shut-down) when you close them they only stop running. Only a full PC shut-down kills them.

opalhort

I have IObit Advanced SystemCare Pro + IObit Security 360/370 for years I am sure they clean/delete ALL Temp files every time the browser is closed... this then is the problem ?? Internet security I use is Avest Pro

I have never changed anything, these programs are on auto update.. Do I need to put www.thaivisa.com into the [empty] Ignore list ?

I have IObit Advanced SystemCare Pro + IObit Security 360/370 for years I am sure they clean/delete ALL Temp files every time the browser is closed... this then is the problem ?? Internet security I use is Avest Pro

I have never changed anything, these programs are on auto update.. Do I need to put www.thaivisa.com into the [empty] Ignore list ?

I don't know the programs you mention apart from AVAST.

Why not go ahead and put www.thaivisa.com in the ignore list and see what happens. You can always delete it later if it doesn't help.

opalhort

opalhort

Delete browser history on exit is not enabled so it's not clearing the TEMP files on exit.

Delete browser history on exit is not enabled so it's not clearing the TEMP files on exit.

As I understand it History and temporary internet files are two different things. If you delete history the Temp files are still there and if you delete Temp files the history is not deleted. This is at least the case in IE.

opalhort

For me it is a real pain and to difficult...

I can use by signing in countless time per day...

Adding www,thiavia.com to the ignore list still appears to wipe and clean the temp folder when I close my browser...

My real problem is the countless emails per day, many of them are the same for the same reply to topic + the pot luck as to where these open and in what order the posts are in a thread

I get #32 next #3 next #39 and so on, real pain trying to follow what the Topic is about, if you read one post after the other makes no sense at all on many post.. Threads like the F1 thread is now long 38 pages, appears the newest post is on page 17 :whistling::annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: