Sign-In

chuang

'Cookies are like viruses in that they can infect the user's hard disks' No thank you I will not set Allow All Cookies

You are quoting the misconceptions (myths) of cookies, in other words cookies are not like viruses and can not infect your drive. Nor, can it effect system files nor boot information. Since you mentioned using multiple "cleaners" those would be the most likely culprits for your boot issue.

I would like to attack this systematically by seeing what your cookies are saying. This is for FF using Tools > Options > Privacy > select "remove individual cookies". Find the Thaivisa.com cookie list and look for the following.

post-566-063442500 1286002746_thumb.jpg

Item 1, pass_hash Expires should be 7 days from your latest login.

Item 2, Verify - path should show something like /forum/topic/386863-sign-in/

Item 3, Member ID - should show your member ID, in your case 42643

Please post what yours show. Also, what date formats does the cookie information show, Buddhist such as 2053 or European such as 2010?

Though not likely as I suspect the dates/times are supplied directly by the server, make sure your computer date/time is correct.

My home computer & my office computer both use the same version of FF, configured the same and uses Windows 7. My home computer doesn't require me to login in if I close the browser window, my office computer does. Even if I leave the browser open at the office and close my browser at home I have to login at the office again. The only difference is the ISP and its associated caching.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to attack this systematically by seeing what your cookies are saying. This is for FF using Tools > Options > Privacy > select "remove individual cookies". Find the Thaivisa.com cookie list and look for the following.

cookies.jpg (97.86K)

Number of downloads: 4

Here starts problem No: 1

This is for FF using Tools > Options > Privacy > select "remove individual cookies". Done up to select "remove individual cookies"

In Privacy I have:

History.. set to 'Never Remember History'

and Location-bar... set to 'History & Bookmarks'

Firefox 4 Beta 6. Cannot find in any of the other pages anything to do with Cookies..

Chrome I clicked on the spanner > Options > Under the bonnet + yesterday removed all cookies, and accept 3rd party cookies... still have to sign-in every time..?

I just created a new install of Win7 as a virtual machine under VMWare as I don't wish to install Beta software on my main system.

I installed FF 4.0 Beta 6 and cleared all the startup cookies. Connected and logged into the Thaivisa forum with Remember Me checked. Made sure not to allow FF to remember passwords to be sure the only remembering done is by the cookies. Closed the browser and restarted and was logged in. Did this several times with no login problems. Below is FF 4 privacy option page.

post-566-039270400 1286016073_thumb.jpg

Try disabling ALL addons then exit FF and restart in Safe Mode and login in if asked. Exit the browser and start again in Safe Mode and see if it logs you in.

I will run this same test -new install Win7/FF 4 at work on Monday. If I have the same login problem as I currently have at the office computer then it has to be an ISP caching issue such as corruption or filtering, though not very likely either of these two. Possible TTL (time to live) or cache renew configurations at the ISP.

Are you enabling third party cookies as stated previously?

Over here, after deleting all settings, I have set IE to accept all cookies. This is for testing purposes, I don't really feel comfortable with that setting. Still, I have to login every time.

No such problem with Chrome or Safari. That's why I think it's a setting in IE rather than a flaw in the forum software.

You answered yourself ?

You don't think it is a flaw in the forum software, yet your not comfortable with setting the PC to accept/enabling ALL or third party cookies..

We never had this problem in the old Thai Visa......... ALL other sites I visit DO NOT have this problem, I get asked if I want to set them for that site... easy..

NEVER before have I been asked to enable ALL or third party cookies on any site..... I have enabled cookies for Thai Visa, but still will not work, in cleaning programs have added Thai Visa to the Ignore list.. Still will not work

So to me there IS a flaw in the forum software

Well, it's not the forum software because it works on other machines with the same browsers. It is definitely a setting in IE.

While I feel uncomfortable allowing all cookies, I enabled this for testing purposes only and reported that it didn't help.

I am still looking for the (probably simple) answer for the setting in IE. This is a question that the developer of the forum software could answer. I am not sure why we are still guessing around though.

I just created a new install of Win7 as a virtual machine under VMWare as I don't wish to install Beta software on my main system.

I installed FF 4.0 Beta 6 and cleared all the startup cookies. Connected and logged into the Thaivisa forum with Remember Me checked. Made sure not to allow FF to remember passwords to be sure the only remembering done is by the cookies. Closed the browser and restarted and was logged in. Did this several times with no login problems. Below is FF 4 privacy option page.

post-566-039270400 1286016073_thumb.jpg

Try disabling ALL addons then exit FF and restart in Safe Mode and login in if asked. Exit the browser and start again in Safe Mode and see if it logs you in.

I will run this same test -new install Win7/FF 4 at work on Monday. If I have the same login problem as I currently have at the office computer then it has to be an ISP caching issue such as corruption or filtering, though not very likely either of these two. Possible TTL (time to live) or cache renew configurations at the ISP.

Many thanks, will await to hear what happens to your Office PC.

Is there a NEW PROBLEM ??

I started a new Topic MITSUBISHI TRITON CNG

Today in my email I have 4 different replies, yet they do not show in this Post ? Have they gone to a different post ?

I have re-signed in 3 times in Chrome and 3x in Firefox, NONE of these replies are showing ? Where are they ?

If anyone can read them would be grateful if they could be sent to me..

15:48 (13 hours ago)

yentb has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Mitsubishi - Triton".

The topic can be found here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=402561&view=getnewpost

18:24 (11 hours ago)

kartman has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Mitsubishi - Triton".

18:39 (10 hours ago)

katabeachbum has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Mitsubishi - Triton".

18:26 (11 hours ago)

transam has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Mitsubishi - Triton".

Some members must be very lucky to never have a problem with Thai Visa, so me it is a disaster this new format.

Edit: Is the new software form Australia ? Maybe reason why things go walk about ?

Edited by ignis

Over 2 hours have gone by, suddenly 1 of the 4 'replies' have appeared in that Topic :blink::annoyed:

States Posted Yesterday, 18:39 ....... wonder where it has been for the past 14 hours ??

Maybe the other 3 posts are still on walk about somewhere ? :whistling: 1st one been on walk about for 17 hours as still not appeared

Edited by ignis

Actually, the other replies were deleted, you would not be able to see them but because they were posted a notification was sent but a notification was not sent when they were deleted. No glitch, no walkabout but a simple answer.

Actually, the other replies were deleted, you would not be able to see them but because they were posted a notification was sent but a notification was not sent when they were deleted. No glitch, no walkabout but a simple answer.

Thanks saves keep looking for them, still the one that is there took 14 hours before it showed on the Topic.

As promised I setup a clean install of Win7 under VMWare and installed FF 4 Beta 6 to duplicate my home test. Started FF, deleted all startup cookies and connected and logged into the forum. Selected Remember Me and did not select FF's remember passwords. Closed the browser window, restarted and it remembered me. Repeated a few times and was ok.

Shutdown the virtual Win7 and went back to my main system and ran FF and it didn't remember me. Deleted all Thaivisa cookies, started in Safe Mode with the option to disable all addons, started FF and logged in. Closed the browser and restarted and it remembered me. Started TV in standard mode and again it remembered me. Re-enabled all addons, still OK.

Restored my cookies from a MozBackup of FF, started FF and it didn't remember me. Logged in, closed the browser and still doesn't remember me. Deleted all Thaivisa cookies, restarted FF, logged in closed the Browser, restarted and it remembers me now every time I restart. Appears that it is the old cookies not being refreshed. The below is what I selected and deleted the Thaivisa.com cookie tree.

post-566-042127700 1286172555_thumb.jpg

BTW: IE 8 does remember me without having to do anything.

• 1 year later...

This sign in problem really "SUCKS"..i have no picture,profile gone,a new "15"digit" PW...and no dam_n help from "ThaiVisa"......I do not want to redo everything again...so if a Admin.is reading this"Fix the issue"<email address removed> name:luckkyybuddha999

Edited by metisdead
Email address removed due to potential spam problems.

This sign in problem really "SUCKS"..i have no picture,profile gone,a new "15"digit" PW...and no dam_n help from "ThaiVisa"......I do not want to redo everything again...so if a Admin.is reading this"Fix the issue"<email address removed> name:luckkyybuddha999

You would probably have a better chance at recovering your previous account by sending an email to support(at)thaivisa.com and explaining your situation.