• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is the easy way of resetting the Thaivisa cookies:

Click on the link "Delete cookies" at the very bottom of forum index page:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/

Then login and tick "save password". You are now logged in for 7 days.

George, you been saying that for months and I've been doing it for months.

It does NOT work.

I've done it that way, I've also deleted all Thaivisa cookies in Firefox.

Same result - after a few hours I have to log in again.

Everything was fine until the "upgrade" a few months ago.

What a disaster. Admit it.

It appears that the "delete cookies" function on the TV forum site only deletes the new type of cookies. If you still have some old ones from the previous forum software they won't be deleted and you have to do it manually.

opalhort

It appears that the "delete cookies" function on the TV forum site only deletes the new type of cookies. If you still have some old ones from the previous forum software they won't be deleted and you have to do it manually.

opalhort

Ok, I'm up for it! Where do you find them and how do you delete them?

Edit:

I found 3 in "docs and settings\<profile name>\Cookies". They are now gone. Let's see what happens.

Edited by JetsetBkk

You have to find out where your browser stores all the cookies and then run through the endless list (took me more than 2 hours to find all old TV cookies stored by IE). The old cookies had 'Thaivisa' in their name. Another option would be to simply delete ALL cookies, this will delete old and new ones and then start again.

opalhort

You have to find out where your browser stores all the cookies and then run through the endless list (took me more than 2 hours to find all old TV cookies stored by IE). The old cookies had 'Thaivisa' in their name. Another option would be to simply delete ALL cookies, this will delete old and new ones and then start again.

opalhort

Firefox displays them in "tools / options / privacy / show cookies" and they can be searched. I already deleted about a dozen "Thaivisa" cookies.

But recently I found a few in "documents and settings \ cookies" and got rid of them.

And today I didn't have to log in!

I wonder what will happen after someone sends me a PM. The last time that happened, I got logged out!

Tried that.

The first time it worked for 7 days and then I had to sign in again.

And then it lasted only a couple of days again.

So I have individually deleted 1,038 files that had 'thaivisa' in the title (couldn't do them en block, not even in pairs?) and there are 6 files remaining that refuse to be deleted.

Any ideas what they are? The seem to be related to a website www.lvs.truehits.in.th./goggen.php?

post-51760-055271300 1282881623_thumb.jp

Regarding stubborn cookies refusing to be deleted:

I had this problem last year with truehits cookies planted by Yahoo.

The way I got rid of them: log out from Yahoo, close browser and make sure nothing is running that could possibly use them. Locate the folder where they are stored using windows explorer, make sure the file attributes are NOT set to "read only" and then delete them. This worked for me, at that time using IE6.

I have since then blocked all cookies from truehits.

opalhort

Since they are web files I doubt if deleting them is a lasting solution since it may be difficult to block them from being dumped on your PC again.

Probably with a firewall (I use Zone Alarm) they could be blocked.

opalhort

This problem has just started happening to me today.

I have to log in every time I open TV.

And I haven't made any changes to MY settings.

Same same , also when I select `view new entries` I get an on screen message `sorry no new entries ` &lt;deleted&gt; ????:o

Tried that.

So I have individually deleted 1,038 files that had 'thaivisa' in the title (couldn't do them en block, not even in pairs?) and there are 6 files remaining that refuse to be deleted.

Any ideas what they are? The seem to be related to a website www.lvs.truehits.in.th./goggen.php?

So the last time I signed in was after I posted the message above, on 17 August and I've just had to sign in again so after 4 days.

Tried that.

So the last time I signed in was after I posted the message above, on 17 August and I've just had to sign in again so after 4 days.

Just had to sign in again.

5 hours after the last sign in.

I would like to complain in the strongest manner :annoyed: ! For the last few weeks now every time I go to TV I have to sign in every time. Not just every now and then but every time. Now this is not on. Do you or your web master not realise just how busy I am and just how important my time is ? I now have to make an extra 2 mouse clicks and sometimes if the internet is slow this can take up to 2-3 seconds. Now you add up all these 2-3 seconds and they do add up. So come on TV get it sorted I cannot afford to be kept hanging about like this every time I wish to visit your site.

You could at least sack your webmaster at the very least to make amends to all those he has inconvenienced over the last few weeks to make amends. I expect this to be sorted by the morning at the very latest :D

Come on people lighten up its only a few extra clicks and you are in. I'm sure george will sort it as soon as he can :thumbsup:

Maybe admin should send a general email about this change. I found this with a search as I wanted to know why I had to sign in so often. And I have only bothered if I want to post.

Wouldn't it be better than having an excessive number of guests on the board?

Tried that.

Just had to sign in again.

5 hours after the last sign in.

Lasted 2 days signed in this time.

Am I the only one still having this problem or has everyone else given up hope?

<snip>

I haven't had to log in since the 27th August.

You have to delete all cookies related to Thaivisa. All of them. The old ones especially. Everywhere - in your browser, your Windows profile. Everywhere.

<snip>

I haven't had to log in since the 27th August.

You have to delete all cookies related to Thaivisa. All of them. The old ones especially. Everywhere - in your browser, your Windows profile. Everywhere.

As you can see from my previous posts I've done that several times now in the browser, where's my windows profile?

Just had to log in again to post this reply. So less than a day this time.

I have reported many times over the months

This ... Annoying also that after log on, the view new contents is 0 contents....

So close TV and then re open = I am Guest + can view 'new contents' have tried for months all ways to get around this problems but nothing works, so now as a 'Guest' I have to open all the items I want to read in new tabs [sometime have 30 or more tabs open] then sign in to any that I want to reply to or view pictures in.. = Very Annoying

Yes I have tried opening just 1 Post then sign in but then click on the view new contents = 0 contents every time, or something will show what was posted in the last 5 mins.

Use Win 7 and Chrome, sometimes Firefox...... ALL have the newest updates but makes no difference to Thai Visa and the sign in problems

I can only speak for IE and Chrome on WIN XP:

In Chrome it is easy: just call up all cookies and locate the old ones, They have the word "thaivisa" in their file name and delete them.

For IE: exit the browser, use the WIN search function on the system drive for files *thaivisa*.txt and delete them, this is how I found all old cookies. When searching make sure to include system and hidden files in the search.

The last time I logged in was 13 Aug. and I'm still logged in.

Initially I had 3rd party cookies enabled but about two weeks ago I disabled them in both browsers and still can remain logged in. No idea for how long it will last.

opalhort