Sign-In

chuang

Just out of interest is any other member having the posts mixed up ??

As I said above the F1 post......... 'The 2010 Formula One Season Your thoughts'

New email just arrived > click on link > = post #975 on page 37 following #907.......... ?

#974 is on page 39...... ?

Very difficult to follow as a hour ago the 'new' post was on page 17... ?

Just refreshed the page = post #975 is at the bottom of page 39 after post #974, NO IDEA read it already but #973 is not above #974, so must be on one of the other 38 pages.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just joined but wondered if TV is having software problems as i am perpetually having to sign myself back in.

Try to enable 3rd party cookies at least temporarily to see if this helps. You can disable them later any time.

opalhort

I've never turned my 3rd party cookies off but I'm still having this issue.

When I come on the thaivisa.com/forum website I want a list of all the recent topics, from all the different threads, in all the different sub-forums, ALL IN ONE PLACE, surely most people do? I don't want to browse through each individual forum for a random interesting thread, it's monotonous.

This may have been said before, if so then I'm just adding my voice to the crowd - I appreaciate that some members only go to certain sub-forums - and they could still do that in the old format.

Isn't it a simple task to have this happen? Or was the new style of thaivisa.com/forum initiated without being properly checked out first?

Many browsers disable them automatically, please check that they are enabled. Also, have you gone through the recommended procedure of logging out, deleting Thaivisa cookies (there is a link to do so on the front page of the forum) clearing your cache, close your browser window and then re-open and log back in?

Yes, still 'Sorry, no new content'

I almost give up, I used to visit tv a few times each day but I can't be arsed now, isn't that wrong? I wonder how many others can't be arsed now too...

And I just want to reply to a post earlier in this thread from someone telling the moaners to stop moaning - Shouldn't it be the easiest, most seamless operation to navigate a website? If a website has slightly 'quirky' qualities won't that just turn some people away? Surely thaivisa.com wants the most faultless, seamless operation of their website to attract more sponsors, more members, a larger base following etc etc?...

Edited by MaiDong

Well, once you sign in there won't be any new content until its posted.

If you keep getting logged out then thats another story, are you sure that you are checking the little box that says keep me logged in as well?

The tick box is ticked yes.

The sign in thing is only half the issue though surely? I'm happy to embrace change, as long as it's progressive, having to wait for new posts to be made just so I can see recent content is regressive. Or am I looking in the wrong place? Is there another 'new content' or 'recent content' that I'm missing?

Edited by MaiDong

Admin

Any chance of running the old Thaivisa ? NEVER A PROBLEM ON THE OLD THAIVISA

As I said before I have a number of programs that clean the browser on closing and clean system on shut down..

I have tried putting www.thaivia.com in the ignore list of them all....

Question is www.thaivia correct ?

I have a black bar on the bottom that says what is loading..... sometimes it says thaivisa, many times says others

3.efective... gravstar... static thaivisa... partnerservices.. g.doubleclick.net...tvs.hits.in.th... + others

Must I put all these in the IGNORE lists ??

I am far to old to remember, so writing them down today as I see them

Could you please try another browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and see if the problem persists?

Thanks

As I have said already in this Thread... I use Chrome, if there is a problem then Firefox, both are the same with thaivisa, never a problem on any other website, just constant problems since thaivisa was changed to the present format...

Both Chrome and Firefox are the latest 'beta' versions...... The same problems were present in the older versions of Chrome and Firefox so cannot think it is anything to do with the 'beta' versions.......... The problem that have notice is the mixed up post are far worse, but read months ago of others having the same problems in a different Post that was before the new version of Firefox 4 beta was realest

Could you please try another browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and see if the problem persists?

Thanks

As I have said already in this Thread... I use Chrome, if there is a problem then Firefox, both are the same with thaivisa, never a problem on any other website, just constant problems since thaivisa was changed to the present format...

Both Chrome and Firefox are the latest 'beta' versions...... The same problems were present in the older versions of Chrome and Firefox so cannot think it is anything to do with the 'beta' versions.......... The problem that have notice is the mixed up post are far worse, but read months ago of others having the same problems in a different Post that was before the new version of Firefox 4 beta was realest

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

I have the same problem with IE8.

As recommended in this thread, I signed off, deleted all cookies, closed the browser, reopened it, set to "allow all cookies", signed in at ThaiVisa.

Closed the browser with without looging out, opened the forum site, and am asked to sign in.

Testing with Chrome: No problem, when I close the browser without logging out and then reopen the browser, I am still logged in.

Dont know whats happened but have stayed sighned in for 2 days now and i havent done anything so fingers crossed maybe somethings been sorted out at long last.

H & H

Sign in is still the same for me, will never stay signed in :(

At least the posts appear now to be in order and each follow each other....

Just wish there was 1x email per Topic + they would open as they used to on the new posters post..

71 emails just about 1x Topic, lots of these there doubled as there was not 71 new post in the topic.

In the old format Thai Visa I would have 5 or 6 emails per day, now when I sign in to my email in the morning have a 100 + emails :realangry:

Ignis, have you got 'accept 3rd party cookies' or 'accept all cookies' set (depends on the browser)?

Try un-subscribing from the forums or topics that are giving grief then re-subscribe.

Yes but never appears to stay set when I set 'accept 3rd party cookies' ??

But this is only on Thai Visa... ?

As per another site I sign into everyday...... This is what come up every time...... So as you can see it is easy on some sites.. But this was done automaticlly from this site ?

You are not logged in. Please click here to log in.

To use ***********, both JavaScript and Cookies must be enabled in your web browser.

From what we can detect...

Your JavaScript is: enabled

Your Cookies are: enabled

No idea why it is so very difficult in Thai Visa

Ignis, have you got 'accept 3rd party cookies' or 'accept all cookies' set (depends on the browser)?

Try un-subscribing from the forums or topics that are giving grief then re-subscribe.

FWIW, I have set IE to "accept all cookies". Still, every time I reopen the browser I have to log in to ThaiVisa again.

No such problem in Chrome, so I am sure it's a setting in IE that is still wrong over here. Tips are appreciated.

<snip>

Tips are appreciated.

All I can do is re-post what cured the problem for me:

Ok, I'm up for it! Where do you find them and how do you delete them?

You have to find out where your browser stores all the cookies and then run through the endless list (took me more than 2 hours to find all old TV cookies stored by IE). The old cookies had 'Thaivisa' in their name. Another option would be to simply delete ALL cookies, this will delete old and new ones and then start again.

opalhort

[In my version of Firefox,] Firefox displays them in "tools / options / privacy / show cookies" and they can be searched. I already deleted about a dozen "Thaivisa" cookies.

But recently I found a few in "[C:\Documents and Settings\User name>\Cookies]" and got rid of them. [This is for XP]

And today I didn't have to log in!

I wonder what will happen after someone sends me a PM. The last time that happened, I got logged out!

[Parts in italics have been modified for clarity]

And I didn't get logged out after I received a PM.

I haven't had to log in since this quoted post, if I recall correctly. I certainly can't remember having to log in again.

You really REALLY must find all the old (and new) cookies and delete them. No half measures.

You really REALLY must find all the old (and new) cookies and delete them. No half measures.

So you must Delete Cookies and Accept Cookies :blink::huh:

Followed these instructions a few weeks ago, I stayed signed in for 2 days only. There was NEVER this constant problem with the old version of Thai Visa + it is the only site that has this total cock up..

Maybe being Dyslexic I don't understand ? maybe being old can no longer keep up with sorting out this problem ? but the 1st time the instructions were posted I copied them and put into a document and printed them so could follow.... I use Chrome and sometimes Firefox.. NEVER use I.E. and run in Windows 7... Both Chrome and Firefox I have to constantly sign-in again and again all day

Edit: just this moment have gone into the spanner in Chrome.... Under the bonnet... cookies.. typed www.thaivisa.com = No Cookies stored......... Closed browser... re opened Chrome.. re opened Thaivisa... Again must re sin-in to edit this post :( beyond me... What reason did Thaivisa move to such a difficult new system ?????

Edited by ignis

So you must Delete Cookies and Accept Cookies :blink::huh:

<snip>

Sorry, ignis, I should have said that after deleting all the cookies, you should log out and then log in again. When you log in this time, you must check the box that says "Remember me" (or something like that - I can't remember as I haven't logged in for such a long time :D ) and then the brand new cookie(s) will be stored on your PC, so you won't have to log in again.

That's the theory, anyway!

Can you say what operating system you are using? I may be able to find out where your cookies are stored.

Or you could have a look at this link.

Keep persevering, mate, it'll sort itself out one day.

Can you say what operating system you are using?

Are you enabling third party cookies as stated previously?

As I have stated in different posts a few times in this Topic.. I have Window 7, main Browser Chrome - Beta, 2nd Browser Firefox - Beta.... + MS appears to update many times per week

I tried again following all the instructions...... I will NEVER do this again..

After deleting ALL cookies everywhere the PC did the same as last time about a month ago when I did this.. 2 hours ago when I restarted the PC it could not find a boot system, I have had again to recover and restore 'C' drive drivers and setting [did not do the Windows-Image-Backup last Sunday] so have lost lots of things yet again... + almost 2 hours !!

Will just have to hope that one day sooner than later Thai Visa moves to a new system or goes back to the trouble free old system.

Edit: I have a good PC system + just over 6 MB connection, yet Thai Visa always takes its time to load, and go from page to page... Thankfully other site are super fast so do not have to sit and wait and wait for Thai Visa

Edited by ignis

Over here, after deleting all settings, I have set IE to accept all cookies. This is for testing purposes, I don't really feel comfortable with that setting. Still, I have to login every time.

No such problem with Chrome or Safari. That's why I think it's a setting in IE rather than a flaw in the forum software.

Over here, after deleting all settings, I have set IE to accept all cookies. This is for testing purposes, I don't really feel comfortable with that setting. Still, I have to login every time.

No such problem with Chrome or Safari. That's why I think it's a setting in IE rather than a flaw in the forum software.

You answered yourself ?

You don't think it is a flaw in the forum software, yet your not comfortable with setting the PC to accept/enabling ALL or third party cookies..

We never had this problem in the old Thai Visa......... ALL other sites I visit DO NOT have this problem, I get asked if I want to set them for that site... easy..

NEVER before have I been asked to enable ALL or third party cookies on any site..... I have enabled cookies for Thai Visa, but still will not work, in cleaning programs have added Thai Visa to the Ignore list.. Still will not work

So to me there IS a flaw in the forum software

You answered yourself ?

You don't think it is a flaw in the forum software, yet your not comfortable with setting the PC to accept/enabling ALL or third party cookies..

We never had this problem in the old Thai Visa......... ALL other sites I visit DO NOT have this problem, I get asked if I want to set them for that site... easy..

NEVER before have I been asked to enable ALL or third party cookies on any site..... I have enabled cookies for Thai Visa, but still will not work, in cleaning programs have added Thai Visa to the Ignore list.. Still will not work

So to me there IS a flaw in the forum software

Alexander Pope (1688–1744): A little learning is a dangerous thing

Cookies

Alexander Pope (1688–1744): A little learning is a dangerous thing

Cookies

Great even more confused....

Maybe I read wrong, but from this as I sign-in my login details are remembers then it can only do this if cookies are set ? so as I cleared every cookie, and then signed into Thai Visa.. No the info was blank so had to retype name and password it set the cookies ?? I have signed in at least 20 times since yesterday and it always remembered my login details.. So cookies are set ? well have to keep signing in, so there not ?

I am used to countless sign-in per day and Thai Visa being sooooooooo very slow, will just wait until it is updated or replaced with software that works, not spend hours per week trying to make some faulty software work..

'Cookies are like viruses in that they can infect the user's hard disks' No thank you I will not set Allow All Cookies

Edit: I have again set www.thaivisa.com in the Ignore list on cleaning cookies on closing Browser.... This works fine on other sites I go to every day, just not on Thai Visa... As I asked a page or 2 ago, when the page loads it often saying something different to thaivisa, I asked if I must also add all these to the Ignore list.. no answer so have not done so.

Edited by ignis